Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skycastle

Skycastle

Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show Empty
PostSubject: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Time travel and dinosaurs. I could get into this.

And I like Niall Matter, who stars as Evan Cross in this series but who also played Zane Donovan in Eureka, my favorite but now ended sci-fi series.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:20 pm

I liked the first ep... but I have to wonder, is the original Primeval going to come back?
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:16 am

If memory serves, P:NW only ran one season and was cancelled.
I don't expect Primeval to be back.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:05 pm

I liked it but skiffy needs to come up with a new series. Not a knockoff of BBC.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 10:22 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I liked it but skiffy needs to come up with a new series. Not a knockoff of BBC.

This isn't a Styfy show. It's a Canadian show that is a spin of of the British version. Unfortunately I went and looked it up and Annoyed is right, it was canceled after one season. And worse there are no plans for another season, or series as the Brits say, of the original Primeval either. To bad, looks like this rather enjoyable franchise is dead.

Of course now that it's already been aired and canceled in Canada, Styfy is showing it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 12:30 am

Anyway skiffy better come up with some of there own ideas.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:38 am

I think the only thing Styfy has come up with since Haven is Defiance.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:10 am

eber322 wrote:
I think the only thing Styfy has come up with since Haven is Defiance.
dDefiance based on a video game
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:54 am

Actually the show and the game were developed at the same time.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:36 am

What happened to Primeval: New World? Styfy doesn't seem to be airing the rest of the episodes. My dvr recorded a couple of scheduled episodes, but other shows or movies aired instead. Hard to believe it could have bad enough ratings Styfy would pull it... hard to believe ANYTHING has bad enough ratings for Stfy to pull it.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 1:13 pm

eber322 wrote:
What happened to Primeval: New World? Styfy doesn't seem to be airing the rest of the episodes. My dvr recorded a couple of scheduled episodes, but other shows or movies aired instead. Hard to believe it could have bad enough ratings Styfy would pull it... hard to believe ANYTHING has bad enough ratings for Stfy to pull it.
My DVR caught it at an odd hour recently; maybe they're going to burn it off in the wee hours. Also, they might have temporarily replaced it with the sharknado crap to take advantage of the media buzz surrounding that.

[EDIT]
Sat down to watch last night's Contiuum this afternoon and noticed the DVR was recording something. Seems Sci Fi is running a P:NW marathon today, probably burning off the rest of the series.
[/EDIT]
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Annoyed wrote:

[EDIT]
Sat down to watch last night's Contiuum this afternoon and noticed the DVR was recording something. Seems Sci Fi is running a P:NW marathon today, probably burning off the rest of the series.
[/EDIT]
I was just going to alert anybody interested that they were airing today. Same situation as you, just turned on the tv for the first time today and saw the DVR had recorded, and was busy recording, eps of the show. Looks like they started with the premier ep and are running them in order, not sure if they are all airing today or not though.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 8:21 pm

New one is on tonight.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:54 pm

Well I just finished watching the season. Very good show, left on a cliffhanger. I'm not sure why this had bad ratings, it was very well done. Wish they were making more... I did notice Styfy called it the season finale instead of the series finale. Who knows maybe it will be back, the original Primeval was also canceled then came back a couple years later anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:31 am

eber322 wrote:
Well I just finished watching the season. Very good show, left on a cliffhanger. I'm not sure why this had bad ratings, it was very well done. Wish they were making more... I did notice Styfy called it the season finale instead of the series finale. Who knows maybe it will be back, the original Primeval was also canceled then came back a couple years later anyway.
I am surprised also it had bad ratings. I thought it was well done. The CGI was far better then any skiffy Saturday Night movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show   Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show Empty

Back to top Go down

Primeval: New World - an interesting SyFy show
Page 1 of 1