Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

First Florida then West Virginow now.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

First Florida then West Virginow now. Empty
PostSubject: First Florida then West Virginow now.   First Florida then West Virginow now. EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:55 am

Quote :
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Workers who lose their jobs would have to clear a drug screening to qualify for unemployment compensation under a proposal approved by the Texas Legislature.

Under current law, employers take out insurance policies to help laid-off workers survive on weekly payments of $62 to $440. Those who are fired for cause, including failing an employer-sponsored drug test, do not qualify.

The changes approved Saturday would require laid-off workers to fill out state questionnaires. Answers considered suspicious would lead to drug tests. Workers who fail would lose their benefits.

Republican Sen. Tommy Williams said the program will help maintain a competent workforce.

Democrats have blocked a separate measure that would have required drug testing for welfare recipients. But the bill targeting unemployed workers will now go to the governor.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: First Florida then West Virginow now.   First Florida then West Virginow now. EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:26 am

Simple work around if you are a druggie and know you will fail an upcoming drug test. You have to go in before the test is given and tell your boss you are addicted and ask for help. Your company will then have to send you to get treated and will be unable to fire you for it. Plus, then they basically can't fire you for just about any reason for the next year or two, or you can then sue claiming discrimination for your "disease". Ridiculous I know, but I've seen it work in action.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: First Florida then West Virginow now.   First Florida then West Virginow now. EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:07 pm

eber322 wrote:
Simple work around if you are a druggie and know you will fail an upcoming drug test. You have to go in before the test is given and tell your boss you are addicted and ask for help. Your company will then have to send you to get treated and will be unable to fire you for it. Plus, then they basically can't fire you for just about any reason for the next year or two, or you can then sue claiming discrimination for your "disease". Ridiculous I know, but I've seen it work in action.
Your only allowed to do that so many times.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: First Florida then West Virginow now.   First Florida then West Virginow now. EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Didn't Florida's efforts in this area get struck down by the courts? At least so far?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: First Florida then West Virginow now.   First Florida then West Virginow now. EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:06 am

Annoyed wrote:
Didn't Florida's efforts in this area get struck down by the courts? At least so far?
It is making its way through but so far I think that it has been mixed.
Back to top Go down
Samurai

Samurai

PostSubject: Re: First Florida then West Virginow now.   First Florida then West Virginow now. EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:15 pm

I don't think Florida's drug testing of people who get state assistance has been struck down but it has been a colossal failure and huge waste of tax dollars. They have virtually no cases of people having drugs in their system.

Texas has just gone freaking bat crap crazy in the last few years. When they're not doing things to screw over working people they're trying to secede from the union at a little at a time. I say let 'em go. Take back all the military hardware and federal money they get and let 'em fend for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: First Florida then West Virginow now.   First Florida then West Virginow now. EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:27 pm

Samurai wrote:
I don't think Florida's drug testing of people who get state assistance has been struck down but it has been a colossal failure and huge waste of tax dollars. They have virtually no cases of people having drugs in their system.

Texas has just gone freaking bat crap crazy in the last few years. When they're not doing things to screw over working people they're trying to secede from the union at a little at a time. I say let 'em go. Take back all the military hardware and federal money they get and let 'em fend for themselves.
Is it a failure in Florida? It is a failure if you think you are going to find millions of drug users. But let's look at it different. Hardly any drug users is a good thing. Verified by the state. The fact that they know now that hardly anyone on welfare is using drugs is a positive. I would much more disturbed if they found many people on drugs collecting money.
Back to top Go down
Samurai

Samurai

PostSubject: Re: First Florida then West Virginow now.   First Florida then West Virginow now. EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:08 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Is it a failure in Florida? It is a failure if you think you are going to find millions of drug users. But let's look at it different. Hardly any drug users is a good thing. Verified by the state. The fact that they know now that hardly anyone on welfare is using drugs is a positive. I would much more disturbed if they found many people on drugs collecting money.

There was no basis to test people in the first place.  It's simply another example of the right demonizing poor people.  It's a failure because of the money spent on this program for no good reason.
Back to top Go down
Samurai

Samurai

PostSubject: Re: First Florida then West Virginow now.   First Florida then West Virginow now. EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:55 pm

26 Lawmakers Live Off Food Stamps To Protest Republican Cuts
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: First Florida then West Virginow now.   First Florida then West Virginow now. EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Samurai wrote:
26 Lawmakers Live Off Food Stamps To Protest Republican Cuts
What did the republicans cut? Sequestration was Obama's idea. It was his cuts that he demanded. If any cut anything it was Obama himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Florida then West Virginow now.   First Florida then West Virginow now. Empty

Back to top Go down

First Florida then West Virginow now.
Page 1 of 1