Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

My thoughts on the days events...a bit rambling...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

My thoughts on the days events...a bit rambling... Empty
PostSubject: My thoughts on the days events...a bit rambling...   My thoughts on the days events...a bit rambling... EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:53 pm

My thoughts on the events of the day....

I was thinking about how the media is destroying a persons life by comparing what they did to another mans life. In this other case, a woman and her associate were killed. When the police went to his house, the home of her ex-husband, but a celebrity, to tell him the bad news, they found only the two eldest children on the scene. What I found ‘odd’ is that before the police told them why they were there, the two kids hired DEFENSE ATTORNEYS! My thought then was why did they feel a need for counsel without knowing why the cops were there, but that is something to keep in mind for later. Anyway, the person they were just going to tell what happened to his ex-wife, a woman that he allegedly had abused when they were married (I have to say allegedly because he never admitted to hitting her, but in THIS state, no real proof is needed outside of the woman claiming it happened, so there you go) and this man led the police on a car chase…a 5 mile an hour car chase.
So the media have now made it clear that this man, this wife beater, this very athletic man (well, he WAS an athlete, YEARS before, but now had arthritis in his hands FROM his old career as a pro football player) already sized up for the chair!
To make things worse, the DA saw a chance to go ‘Hollywood’ and forced the investigation to go faster and cut corners to go to trial as fast as possible. At the trial we learned all about DNA and how some of the blood was a close match to this man, not 100% but close enough…mostly. We heard all about the rate of melting an ice cream cone on that night would have been and it was used to set the time of death. We also heard about the dog that was with the wife and since it did nothing, the attacker had to have been someone it knew well.
Of course, OJ was found not guilty and he was set free, but, and this is what distresses me most about this current case, the police NEVER questioned the kids as to why they hired lawyers for themselves, never, since the weapon used to kill the two had to have been a sharp blade, probably used in the kitchen, yet no weapon was ever recovered. Sure, OJ had plenty of time to dump the knife on the plane or during that chase, but all garbage cans had been checked and OJ is not THAT smart…right?

What I found MOST odd is the eldest son, the one that had a lawyer, also had a job near where the ex was coming from AS A COOK IN A RESTAURANT! Now, out here, cooks never leave their knives at work, but carry them in a bag wherever they go, so no surprise it was never found, it was never LOOKED for. Oh, did I mention, the son has a police record for ASSAULT WITH A KNIFE?!?!?! Also, something that should have come up during a real investigation, but wasn’t. Interesting, eh?
So now, with the Zimmerman shooting, I wonder what this rush to court will be looked over in trying to finds a man guilty forgets to question the witnesses that saw Z on the bottom being beaten by that young man. Or if anyone noticed marks on the body at the AUTOPSY that may have shown that the Martin kid was attacking, or any other evidence that could show guilt or innocence.
What really scares me is the talk of riots if guilty is NOT the verdict, that the ‘leaders’ of the Black community (Leaders I never chose, BTW) are fanning the flames for, or that there was a $10k bounty for his capture, DEAD OR ALIVE!
This country is better than that, or at least it SHOULD be better than that! What scares me is the apparent blood lust that seems to be alright and acceptable by most over the lust for REAL justice!
Time will tell, personally I have no opinion as to the guilt OR innocence, not enough NON media evidence to make one. So I will just sit back and pray that truth comes out.
Back to top Go down

My thoughts on the days events...a bit rambling...
Page 1 of 1