Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... Empty
PostSubject: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:41 pm

OK, I live in CA, lived here my entire life. I usually vote whenever there is a vote, no matter what the vote is over, be it something for my city, my county, my state OR my country.

Now here's the deal, I ALWAYS have to show a valid ID! So, perhaps I, as a BLACK man should not be made to show MY ID to vote? Perhaps I shouldn't be made to show my ID to DRIVE either!??!?!?! OR, maybe I should never be required to show my ID to buy ALCOHOL?!?!?!?! I feel disenfranchised EVERY time I am forced to show ID! :roll:

Anyway, that is all I have to say about THIS mess! That and I am happy I do NOT live in TEXAS! :suspect:
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:31 pm

So you never want to show your ID?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
OK, I live in CA, lived here my entire life. I usually vote whenever there is a vote, no matter what the vote is over, be it something for my city, my county, my state OR my country.

Now here's the deal, I ALWAYS have to show a valid ID! So, perhaps I, as a BLACK man should not be made to show MY ID to vote? Perhaps I shouldn't be made to show my ID to DRIVE either!??!?!?! OR, maybe I should never be required to show my ID to buy ALCOHOL?!?!?!?! I feel disenfranchised EVERY time I am forced to show ID! :roll:

Anyway, that is all I have to say about THIS mess! That and I am happy I do NOT live in TEXAS! :suspect:
I know what you are getting at. Obama is trying to stop Texas and other states from having to show an ID when they vote.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Your ID doesn't matter. Now you can't vote unless you're Jewish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_egrN_ateQ

3:40 in.

Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 pm

eber322 wrote:
Your ID doesn't matter. Now you can't vote unless you're Jewish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_egrN_ateQ

3:40 in.

lol the GOP held one election in violation because of the other one being on their holy day, true it was wrong of them but lets not get carried away..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/EducatedAmerica
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:41 pm

No, no, no. They wouldn't let anybody vote unless they signed an affidavit saying they were Jewish, if you didn't sign it you couldn't vote. That's not getting carried away, that's placing illegal voting restrictions on people. That's no different than saying, you can only vote if you're white, or a male.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:27 pm

So really, how in the HE*L has this even gotten THIS far? :roll:
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
The American public being more interested in American Idol then what is going on with the country. :sleep:
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Walterth3rd wrote:
The American public being more interested in American Idol then what is going on with the country. :sleep:

As Metallica sang, SAD BUT TRUE!!! :(
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:36 pm

eber322 wrote:
No, no, no. They wouldn't let anybody vote unless they signed an affidavit saying they were Jewish, if you didn't sign it you couldn't vote. That's not getting carried away, that's placing illegal voting restrictions on people. That's no different than saying, you can only vote if you're white, or a male.

Sigh yes yes yes. I am not arguing that it was wrong, what I am saying is that was ONE time, there was an earlier caucus in that region for non-jews, it just fell on whatever jewish holiday.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:57 pm

YawnGG wrote:
Sigh yes yes yes. I am not arguing that it was wrong, what I am saying is that was ONE time, there was an earlier caucus in that region for non-jews, it just fell on whatever jewish holiday.

Sigh no no no. Doesn't matter if it was one time or hundred times, it was illegal voting restrictions. There was no "earlier caucus in that region for non-jews", if there had been, it to would have been illegal. Jews were never banned from voting, and you're not allowed to hold separate polls based on religion, race, etc. Anymore more than you can have separate bathrooms for blacks.

What you are trying to say is that some Jews claim they didn't vote because the voting happened on their holiday. That is the supposed reason that they reopened the vote later... but only for Jews. Which again is illegal, you can't require people to be Jewish in order to vote. If they were going to extend the polls, they needed to extend them for all eligible voters.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:34 pm

What I am trying to say is that it is no way going to effect the race... yes it happened once.. yes it was bad, but to claim you can't vote now if you aren't jewish is kind of silly.

And there WAS a earlier caucus held, those that were jewish were given another day/time because of there religious beliefs.. that's what is on that video u posted(i haven't watched it but i assume so, i did research what happened). Also Ron Paul CRUSHED that jew only voting, so i dont know why ur even upset about this.. hehe. It was also the only voting in which the ballots were read live on TV, see my post about algorithmic vote flipping.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 pm

You're just completely missing the point. You can't have a vote for Jews (or men, women, Catholics, Muslims, gays, blacks, whites, fat people, etc) only. You can't legally do it, they did.

All your comments about "they only did it once", "they read the ballots live", "they had an earlier vote", etc don't pertain to the point at all. The point was you weren't allowed to vote unless you were Jewish.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:03 pm

eber322 wrote:
You're just completely missing the point. You can't have a vote for Jews (or men, women, Catholics, Muslims, gays, blacks, whites, fat people, etc) only. You can't legally do it, they did.

All your comments about "they only did it once", "they read the ballots live", "they had an earlier vote", etc don't pertain to the point at all. The point was you weren't allowed to vote unless you were Jewish.

I ****NEVER**** Missed that point! what i keep trying to say is its not going to effect the election at all and is a moot point! I hope to never see it repeated tho!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...   Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but... Empty

Back to top Go down

Forgive if this topic has already been breached, but...
Page 1 of 1