Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. Empty
PostSubject: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:41 pm

He was doing any interview with some British guy about a new movie he made when the interviewer went off topic and pressed him for his views of homosexuality and gay marriage. It was an obvious attack simply because Kirk identified himself to the guy as being Christian. Now Cameron is being attacked by everybody including other Hollywood people. Just watch how this interviewer pushed him to give the honesty answers that he knew would cause an uproar against Kirk.

But Kirk keep his cool and answered honestly and calmly even in the face of the interviewers bias and thinly veiled attacks. Cameron's quote, released after the video was made public, is truly great. It needs to be quoted every time a person is attacked for using their free speech rights to voice their religious views.

Quote :
I believe that freedom of speech and freedom of religion go hand-in-hand in America. I should be able to express moral views on social issues – especially those that have been the underpinning of Western civilization for 2,000 years – without being slandered, accused of hate speech and told from those who preach ‘tolerance’ that I need to either bend my beliefs to their moral standards or be silent when I’m in the public square.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:45 pm

I love he did not take the bait.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:17 pm

people were getting married long before modern religions existed. This is one of the views Paul has that i dont agree with, but in the end he said he wants to get rid of governments job of regulating marriage which is exactly what i want.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/EducatedAmerica
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:16 pm

eber322 wrote:
He was doing any interview with some British guy about a new movie he made [Monumental?] when the interviewer went off topic and pressed him for his views of homosexuality and gay marriage. Now Cameron is being attacked by everybody including other Hollywood people.

Cameron's quote, released after the video was made public, is truly great. It needs to be quoted every time a person is attacked for using their free speech rights to voice their religious views.

Quote :
I believe that freedom of speech and freedom of religion go hand-in-hand in America. I should be able to express moral views on social issues – especially those that have been the underpinning of Western civilization for 2,000 years – without being slandered, accused of hate speech and told from those who preach ‘tolerance’ that I need to either bend my beliefs to their moral standards or be silent when I’m in the public square.
Ok - I'm officially a Kirk Cameron fan! I just wish he hadn't avoided admitting that homosexuality is a sin. He danced around it and called it unnatural, but not a sin. I'm guessing he's become a little gun shy because of all these attacks.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:30 pm

YawnGG wrote:
people were getting married long before modern religions existed. This is one of the views Paul has that i dont agree with, but in the end he said he wants to get rid of governments job of regulating marriage which is exactly what i want.
Ok, so when did marriage come into existence?

Paul believes that the federal government has no Constitutional authority to make laws regarding marriage, and now that I think about it, he's right. It could be a state or personal issue, and I'm at a loss as to how to deal with the problem. Should we leave it up to the states, the cities or counties, the churches, or the ministers who perform marriages? Who should decide what constitutes marriage? Is it ok to marry two men, a man and multiple women (polygamy), a person and his pet, a person and a tree? If we abandon God's way here, there's no end to the insanity which will follow. I believe the best way is to follow the tradition the human race has practiced for millennia - that marriage is between a man and woman.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 pm

lol I'm now an AronRa fan.:) Here is one of his videos talking about Kirky boy here:)

https://youtu.be/QCNftnJZX1Y
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:35 pm

That video is a bunch of poo.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Skycastle wrote:
Ok, so when did marriage come into existence?

Marriage began with Adam and Eve. Their beliefs and practices directly evolved into present day Judaism which makes it the original and oldest religion on the planet. And of course Christianity is Judaism plus the teachings of the savior the Jews awaited. Marriage was defined by God as one man and woman united forever, or even if you disbelieve in God, was defined by the original religion as such.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Yeah, that video is a pile of monkey crap, full of lies itself.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:23 am

Eh I haven't researched much of it, care to point out some of its lies:D?
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:05 am

Pick one, pretty much everything he says is a fact is the exact opposite of the truth.

Darwinism and Nazi's for one good example. The Nazi's very strongly believed in Darwins Macroevolution and taught it exclusively in their schools. They used it as justification to eradicate "lessor" aka less evolved humans, like Jews. Yet this guy claims they didn't believe in Darwin at all and based their ideas on religion. That's poppycock. The Nazi's concept of the Übermensch aka Aryan race comes from the evolutionary concept that Aryans are the most evolved species of human, with Negroids on the bottom and the other races somewhere in between.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:46 am

lol im not even gonna bother debating this. i havent watched much of Aron but he seems a lot more on then kirk cameron, to each there own:D
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:20 pm

YawnGG wrote:
lol im not even gonna bother debating this. i havent watched much of Aron but he seems a lot more on then kirk cameron, to each there own:D

Not much to debate as far as Cameron vs. Aron since I have no idea what Kirk Cameron thinks on these issues, beyond what this guy claims Kirk believes. However, I did watch the video and every single thing this guy claimed was the truth, was the exact opposite.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 am

I disagree with that but again i don't argue with zealots anymore:D
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:10 pm

YawnGG wrote:
I disagree with that but again i don't argue with zealots anymore:D

Right... but you did come into this thread posting an anti Cameron video, which fell kind of flat since I, and I doubt any others here, actual know his views on anything other than the comments he made about homosexuality. And I have no idea who the other fellow the video maker talks about even is.

However, you did succeed in posting a complete nonsense video that completely lies about the Nazi's, Macroevolution, Darwinism, missing links, creationism, etc, etc... in short it appears to be nothing but a Christian bashing video, even going so far as to attribute the actions of atheists, ie Nazi's, to Christians.

You then refuse to debate the issue with "zealots". :roll: The biggest group of zealots in the world have to be Macroevolutionists. Since the time of Darwin they have been seeking proof of his theory, yet have found none. They have declared certain fossils to be the transitional form between ancient species and modern ones, then oops, found out that transitional species which supposedly died out millions of years ago is still alive! They have been caught over and over faking fossils to support their discredited theory, including gluing chicken feathers onto a lizard fossil. It must be hard to be so dedicated to a faith based on nothing but a desire to discredit other peoples faith.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:58 pm

The problem with atheist is they cannot have a civil debate. Look at Bull Maher. Most Christians can have a civil debate but both groups start slinging mud when they disagree.

What a world it would be if everyone respected everyone's opinion without tarding each other. That would be a true miracle.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 4:47 pm

I don't understand how you are supposed to have intelligent debate with people who believe in magic... they can just claim magic was used anywhere..
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:23 pm

YawnGG wrote:
I don't understand how you are supposed to have intelligent debate with people who believe in magic... they can just claim magic was used anywhere..

Exactly. That's why I stopped debating Evolutionists. They claim fish magically turn into frogs, lizards magically turn into birds... doesn't matter they have found zero proof, have been disproven, have been caught faking results, etc they still firmly hold onto their fanatical religious beliefs that life just happens magically out of nowhere. Evolutionism is intrinsically an atheistic religion based on their desire at all costs to explain the origin of everything without a Creator. So, they say "It all happened by magic! But by god, God had nothing to do with it!!!"

I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. DSC00361

Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:33 pm

just lol. we got us a creationist:D
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:36 pm

and btw athiesm is the lack of blind faith.. theres no magic involved in evolution either.. you are funny ^_^
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
The problem with atheist is they cannot have a civil debate. Look at Bull Maher. Most Christians can have a civil debate but both groups start slinging mud when they disagree.

What a world it would be if everyone respected everyone's opinion without tarding each other. That would be a true miracle.

Im a atheist. I think im pretty civil;)
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:18 pm

YawnGG wrote:
lol I'm now an AronRa fan.:) Here is one of his videos talking about Kirky boy here:)

https://youtu.be/QCNftnJZX1Y

I have no doubt evolution has and is happening but I just dont like this guys negativity. His attitude just annoys me so much I gave him 4 minutes before stopping.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:11 pm

YawnGG wrote:
and btw athiesm is the lack of blind faith.. theres no magic involved in evolution either.. you are funny ^_^

No, Macroevolution is blind faith in the magic of Darwinism. Based on the belief that God doesn't exist, therefore I'll place all my faith in the idea that Darwins magical fairytale is real.

But seriously, your trolling of this post simply to bash Christians is old. You have no game, I've seen many others do a much better job of it then you do.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:12 pm

TRUE LIBERTY wrote:

TRUE LIBERTY, you are the extremely rare exception that proves the rule.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:56 pm

eber322 wrote:
TRUE LIBERTY wrote:

TRUE LIBERTY, you are the extremely rare exception that proves the rule.

I have respect for religion in this country and see no need to bash it to justify what I believe. I wish there was another name then atheist for us conservative atheists.

Hell you and I agree on far more then we disagree. Our biggest difference is in the fine details on how we get to what we both want in this country more then what we would like to see in a eventual outcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.   I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan. Empty

Back to top Go down

I think I'm now a Kirk Cameron fan.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next