Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

We called this one.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

We called this one.  Empty
PostSubject: We called this one.    We called this one.  EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:12 pm

A custody battle in Florida between two lesbians could fuel the growing national debate over the definition of motherhood.

It also might force state lawmakers to reconsider a 19-year-old law regarding the rights of sperm and egg donors.

The women, now in their 30s and known in court papers only by their initials, were both law enforcement officers in Florida. One partner donated an egg that was fertilized and implanted in the other. That woman gave birth in 2004, nine years into their relationship.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/04/same-sex-custody-battle-could-change-florida-law-1284751682/?test=latestnews#ixzz1oCUxAqkf
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: We called this one.    We called this one.  EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Well the kid would belong to the biological Mother, the one who gave the egg. This has nothing to do with egg or sperm donors, who give up their rights with the donation, because this woman didn't donate. What she did is the equivalent of hiring a surrogate to carry her egg.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: We called this one.    We called this one.  EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 4:59 pm

eber322 wrote:
Well the kid would belong to the biological Mother, the one who gave the egg. This has nothing to do with egg or sperm donors, who give up their rights with the donation, because this woman didn't donate. What she did is the equivalent of hiring a surrogate to carry her egg.
But the fact of the matter is we knew this would cause problems with cases like this.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: We called this one.    We called this one.  EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Oh I'm not disagreeing with that. I just got caught up in the idea that the courts are trying to equate this with "Birth Mothers" (as in had a kid via donated sperm and or egg), when this is clearly equatable to "surrogate mothers" (who were paid or volunteered to carry somebody elses genetic material) who have no rights to the kids.

It's only because they are lesbians that they are trying to challenge established law on this matter.
Back to top Go down
YawnGG

YawnGG

PostSubject: Re: We called this one.    We called this one.  EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:14 pm

Anyone who has studied biology can easily explain that a fertilized egg is human life. Abortion is going to go down as the worst holocaust ever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/EducatedAmerica
Tuck

Tuck

PostSubject: Re: We called this one.    We called this one.  EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 pm

YawnGG wrote:
Anyone who has studied biology can easily explain that a fertilized egg is human life. Abortion is going to go down as the worst holocaust ever.

OMG, you are so right. I never understood how the rights of the mother supercedes the rights of the child. The child is helpless the mother isn't. We are a nation that glorifies the helpless yet we allow this. Talk about double standard.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: We called this one.    We called this one.  EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:53 pm

YawnGG wrote:
Abortion is going to go down as the worst holocaust ever.
I agree. In fact, it's the primary reason God is judging America, as his prophet Chuck Youngbrandt makes clear. From the video #2 intro:

"The cries and spilt blood of my unborn little ones doth reach the footstool of my throne. Yea I am the author of life and thou dost rebuke me in this. How shall I overlook this? Yea I say unto thee by this you have planted in thy nation, thy home, thy very self, the seed of destruction. Know this: universal sin is yet sin before me!"

"My law, my grace, brings you life, to deny my law and grace brings eternal death. You have spit out my grace and will know my wrath; you have cast out my peace and so you earn war; you have covered the land in vile impurity and so I shall purge thee off from the land."

"So ye inhabitants of this land of unwalled cities, a land renowned as a precious jewel among all nations, who coins my name in trust but denys me in thy hearts, hear what I say to thee. You shall sit in a scorched field and weep in a dry despair, for thy abundance shall mold into dust before thee, and hunger shall stalk the land. Death shall reap a vast harvest..."

Chuck Youngbrandt - God's Warning to America (Part 1 of 4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oXPe-6Zuf4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We called this one.    We called this one.  Empty

Back to top Go down

We called this one.
Page 1 of 1