Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Just found this one out yesterday.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Just found this one out yesterday.  Empty
PostSubject: Just found this one out yesterday.    Just found this one out yesterday.  EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:53 pm

My brother in law is a disabled vet. He was in the 82nd Airborne during Gulf War 1. Also Somalia and Panama. He has the worst case of Gulf War Syndrome anyone has ever seen. I have seen what it does and it is not pretty.

Anyway his girlfriend that lives with him and they have a kid together is now getting paid by the government 1,800 a month to cook clean do dishes and whatever a normal couple does.

My wife is 100 percent disabled and is about to lose her drivers license she is so bad off. I wonder if I can do the same thing sit on my ass and do nothing all day long while Obama pays me?
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Just found this one out yesterday.    Just found this one out yesterday.  EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:17 pm

If you get certified as your wife's caretaker I believe so. I'm not 100% on how it works, but I think you need to contact your department of human services and take some classes on how to care for the disabled. Then the government will pay you to care for your wife.

I think this only works after your wife has been approved to have a caretaker come to, or live in, the home and take care of her. So, basically you'd be doing the work and getting the pay that the outside caretaker would otherwise be getting.

Also, once you take and pass the classes, you'd be able to get paid to take care of other disabled people as well. I had a friend in college who was a househusband in married housing while his wife went to school. He took those classes and started doing laundry, dishes, etc for a guy in a wheelchair right across from his apartment and got paid like $14 an hour. And that was fifteen years ago.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Just found this one out yesterday.    Just found this one out yesterday.  EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:43 pm

eber322 wrote:
If you get certified as your wife's caretaker I believe so. I'm not 100% on how it works, but I think you need to contact your department of human services and take some classes on how to care for the disabled. Then the government will pay you to care for your wife.

I think this only works after your wife has been approved to have a caretaker come to, or live in, the home and take care of her. So, basically you'd be doing the work and getting the pay that the outside caretaker would otherwise be getting.

Also, once you take and pass the classes, you'd be able to get paid to take care of other disabled people as well. I had a friend in college who was a househusband in married housing while his wife went to school. He took those classes and started doing laundry, dishes, etc for a guy in a wheelchair right across from his apartment and got paid like $14 an hour. And that was fifteen years ago.
She already had the classes my son also has had them. HMMMM.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Just found this one out yesterday.    Just found this one out yesterday.  EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:40 am

Go for it, POV. I'm sure all the leftists take advantage of such programs, so there's no reason you shouldn't.

I prayed for your brother-in-law.
:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just found this one out yesterday.    Just found this one out yesterday.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Just found this one out yesterday.
Page 1 of 1