Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  Empty
PostSubject: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Here she is telling some Egyptian interviewer to use every Constitution in the world EXCEPT the US Constitution as a model for theirs. Great example of the kind of people we have in high positions in this country that don't belong there and have no plans to actually honor their oaths.

(As a bonus, you'll probably get to watch a pro Obama commercial before the video starts. Oh joy.)

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:30 pm

She should be removed right after Obamao loses.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:18 am

Well I was lucky I didnt see a obama add. I watched the video and she doesnt trash talk the constitution but speaks highly of it. Her problem with the constitution seems to be how old it is and keeps mentioning over and over that its old. I think she thinks just because its a old document that Egypt should skip its ideas. Very strange! I think maybe she is just getting to old for the job. And man she is boring and half expecting the interviewer to fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:09 pm

ssvs04 wrote:
I watched the video and she doesnt trash talk the constitution but speaks highly of it.

I didn't see her speaking highly of it, I saw her saying it was old and that the Egyptians shouldn't look at it as a model for theirs. The whole gist of her statements was that our Constitution is old and therefore is no good and that all these other countries have better constitutions because they are newer.

If anything is to old it's not our Constitution, it's our Supreme Court justices.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:09 pm

eber322 wrote:
ssvs04 wrote:
I watched the video and she doesnt trash talk the constitution but speaks highly of it.

I didn't see her speaking highly of it, I saw her saying it was old and that the Egyptians shouldn't look at it as a model for theirs. The whole gist of her statements was that our Constitution is old and therefore is no good and that all these other countries have better constitutions because they are newer.

If anything is to old it's not our Constitution, it's our Supreme Court justices.
Still today we have one of the oldest surviving governments in the world.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:06 pm

There is also nothing 'old' or outdated in our Constitution. Things that were wrong with it have been corrected with amendments, like giving rights to blacks and women.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:56 pm

eber322 wrote:
There is also nothing 'old' or outdated in our Constitution. Things that were wrong with it have been corrected with amendments, like giving rights to blacks and women.

Agreed!

The lady gave a very mixed and confused interview as I said she speaks highly one part of the video and in another she keeps saying how old it is. Again a confusing interview from this Judge.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:21 pm

eber322 wrote:
I did not say the constitution was old. What I said is we have one of the longest lasting governments in history. Over 200 years.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I did not say the constitution was old. What I said is we have one of the longest lasting governments in history. Over 200 years.

I know you didn't, I was agreeing with you and also countering what the judge said about it being 'old', meaning outdated.

I think it's just a difference in usage. You said "oldest" as in longest lasting, a positive thing. She said "old" as in outdated, a negative thing. It was her usage I was addressing, not yours. :)
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:01 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I know you didn't, I was agreeing with you and also countering what the judge said about it being 'old', meaning outdated.

I think it's just a difference in usage. You said "oldest" as in longest lasting, a positive thing. She said "old" as in outdated, a negative thing. It was her usage I was addressing, not yours. :)
if you look through history many governments do not last beyond 20 to 50 years. I don't know the exact number if someone does then I would like to know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.    U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.  Empty

Back to top Go down

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg trash talks the US Constitution.
Page 1 of 1