Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

'We Are One’ Labor Rally Warns GOP: ‘Thousands of Dead Bodies’

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

'We Are One’ Labor Rally Warns GOP: ‘Thousands of Dead Bodies’ Empty
PostSubject: 'We Are One’ Labor Rally Warns GOP: ‘Thousands of Dead Bodies’   'We Are One’ Labor Rally Warns GOP: ‘Thousands of Dead Bodies’ EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:16 am

I don't know this may be a long leap but, does not the law consider threatening or implying physical harm on others "Terroristic Threatening"? "Legalmatch.com defines "Terroristic Threatening" as;

Quote :
What are the Elements of a "Terrorist Threat?"

The most commonly used definition of a terrorist or criminal threat has five elements:

1. Someone willfully threatens to commit a crime that will result in death or great bodily harm. This means that the threat obviously has to be of a highly dangerous nature. Threatening to slash someones tires, for instance, would probably not be sufficient. However, the threat can be made in any medium, written, orally, or electronically transmitted.
2. The threat was made with the specific intent that it be taken as a threat. Although this certainly seems like a redundant sentence, it is meant to convey that the threat is a crime even if there is no actual intent to carry it out. The only intent you need is the intent to make the threat itself. So if you threaten to blow up a school, you will still be guilty of this crime even if you are completely unarmed and have no means of accomplishing this at all.
3. The threat is so unequivocal, unconditional, and specific as to convey a gravity of purpose and immediate prospect of execution. This extremely complicated sounding sentence is very important to the law, so let's break it down. Remember you must satisfy ALL of these requirements.

Unequivocal: This means that the threat must be a direct statement of what you WILL do, as opposed to CAN do (i.e. "I could be the next man to blow up the federal building" does NOT count).

Unconditional: This word is very bizarrely used here, because the courts have directly held that conditional threats ("If you touch me again I'll kill you") DO qualify. It is a gray area, but presumably, the fewer conditions used, the more likely the court will rule that it is a threat.

Specific: The threat cannot be vague ("if you don't give me a million dollars, something bad will happen").
4. The threat actually caused fear in the victim. People must actually believe your threat for you to be arrested for it.
5. The fear was reasonable. If you said that you are going to blow up the White House with your spaceship, it is unlikely that any reasonable person could take this seriously.

I would think that it falls under 3., 4., & 5. and can carry as little as 1 year by the States to as much as 20 years by the Feds.

Back to top Go down

'We Are One’ Labor Rally Warns GOP: ‘Thousands of Dead Bodies’
Page 1 of 1