Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Had a very interesting request.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

Had a very interesting request. Empty
PostSubject: Had a very interesting request.   Had a very interesting request. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Dear Mr Serafin, I have been a registered member of the dpreview.com. In April, I saw and very much enjoyed your photos of a Tea Party rally taken in April of this year, probably in Orlando, Florida.
I make my daily bread teaching American history and politics at Charles U, Prague, Czech Republic. I have been invited to give an (unpaid) public lecture on the coming Thursday on the current political developments in the U.S. before the upcoming midterm elections. I have studied various sources like polling agencies, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, The Economist, etc.
In my PowerPoint presentation I would like to show some of the photos you published in the Panasonic Talk forum as well as on the Shocker Tea Party website.
I am asking you therefore to give me permission for this. I can assure you that my lecture will not bring any Tea-Party-bashing, it should analyze various pros and cons, strong and weak points of the present political players.
Very truly, Milos Calda, American Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University, Prague. DPReview nickname: MilosC
http://tucnak.fsv.cuni.cz/~calda/

So I gave this gentlemen a link to my site to let him choose any of my pics. Im interested to know which ones he had picked.

http://ssvs04.zenfolio.com/f637937951
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Had a very interesting request.   Had a very interesting request. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Well that's cool. Probably a good thing you had all the hundreds, thousands?, of people hide their Nazi flags right before you snapped each picture though right? :lol:
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Had a very interesting request.   Had a very interesting request. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:45 pm

eber322 wrote:
Well that's cool. Probably a good thing you had all the hundreds, thousands?, of people hide their Nazi flags right before you snapped each picture though right? :lol:

Photo Shop my friend. I just photo shopped in a American flag for every Nazi flag in the picture. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Had a very interesting request.   Had a very interesting request. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:02 pm

I dunno sounds like a scam to me.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Had a very interesting request.   Had a very interesting request. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I dunno sounds like a scam to me.

But what kind of a scam could it be? Anybody who just wanted the pictures could have just copied and used them without asking. As long as he didn't give the guy personal information I don't see a threat.

What do suspect the guy would want to scam?
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Had a very interesting request.   Had a very interesting request. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:36 pm

Even if it is a scam which I just had a gut feeking it isn. Their is nothing in my photos that show any kind of racism. So I dont see any negatives.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Had a very interesting request.   Had a very interesting request. EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:39 pm

ssvs04 wrote:
Even if it is a scam which I just had a gut feeking it isn. Their is nothing in my photos that show any kind of racism. So I dont see any negatives.

Ok. But whether there was something in them or not he could have taken them without asking. If they display on a web browser he could save them, if all else failed using the "print screen" button.

That's why I'm not sure what POV is suspecting. Worst I can see is he might claim there are his own photos and sell them to some news group. But would anybody even want to buy them?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Had a very interesting request.   Had a very interesting request. EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:14 am

I dunno it might not be but then again paranoid when it comes to people requesting things. It very well could be on the up and up. He didn't ask for any personal information. Well not yet at least.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Had a very interesting request.   Had a very interesting request. EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:45 am

Well the past week I have been going through all my thousands of photos putting my signature on them. Since I have been getting more activity to my site. And in case I get another request like that one. I actually got a gig next Saturday to do some in door and outdoor shots of a Apartment model.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Had a very interesting request.   Had a very interesting request. EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 9:33 am

Cool I will try to put a permanent link on this site for yours.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Had a very interesting request.   Had a very interesting request. EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Well he had his lecture and was interested if I would like to see it and all I needed to do was send him my email. Anybody out their speak Chek. :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had a very interesting request.   Had a very interesting request. Empty

Back to top Go down

Had a very interesting request.
Page 1 of 1