Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Reimagined series and movies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Reimagined series and movies Empty
PostSubject: Reimagined series and movies   Reimagined series and movies EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:52 am

I believe with the death of Leonard Nimoy, that pretty much ends Trek. We already have explored the Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta quadrants of the galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Reimagined series and movies   Reimagined series and movies EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Bandit wrote:
I believe with the death of Leonard Nimoy, that pretty much ends Trek. We already have explored the Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta quadrants of the galaxy.
Nonsense. "Trek" is far bigger than one actor, no matter who he is, or even the man who created it, Gene Roddenberry himself.
There are many paths they could take this franchise. Myself, I'd prefer one where Jar Jar Abrams is found to be an inmate at the Tantalus Penal Colony, and his entire alternate universe is a figment of his tortured imagination.
But there are an infinite number of possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Reimagined series and movies   Reimagined series and movies EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 6:02 pm

I would like to see them do a young Kirk series. The new movies are full of holes. First of all Kirk was 34 when he took command of the enterprise. Checkov was a young Ensign at the time which means he was about 4 or 5 years old when Kirk took command. The new movie Checkov would not even born yet.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Reimagined series and movies   Reimagined series and movies EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Well you need to understand, Jar Trek is not Star Trek. Short of doing something along the lines of what Annoyed suggested, it never will be. There are tons of things to do in the existing Star Trek universe. The Gamma and Delta quadrants barely had their surface scratched. Millions of new worlds and species in those quadrant the Federation has never even heard of.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Reimagined series and movies   Reimagined series and movies EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 8:15 pm

I am going to call it. Unless there is another reboot, series Trek is done.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Reimagined series and movies   Reimagined series and movies EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 8:24 pm

Star trek has been done for ten years. It's been that long since Enterprise was canceled. Since then all we've seen are some trashy Jar Trek movies.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Reimagined series and movies   Reimagined series and movies EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 8:57 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I am going to call it. Unless there is another reboot, series Trek is done.

Gotta disagree. Trek will survive. There will no doubt be reboots. It may be 20 years or more before we see another incarnation of Trek, but somebody will pick it up again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reimagined series and movies   Reimagined series and movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Reimagined series and movies
Page 1 of 1