Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Happy civil rights day.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Happy civil rights day. Empty
PostSubject: Happy civil rights day.   Happy civil rights day. EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:32 pm

I refuse to call it MLK day. Because there are many civil rights leaders besides him. And I want to be politically correct.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
SmilingReaper

SmilingReaper

Happy civil rights day. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy civil rights day.   Happy civil rights day. EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:50 am

Vulcan,

You are so wrong, and so far out of line that you need a little jolt.  I know that you don't care, but I will try explain it to you.  Like most of your mindset you can't begin to know the level of racist insult you have perpetuated with your refusal to respect the choice of the majority of Americans and almost all black Americans. I know you don't think that you are a racist, and you may not be, but your statement is an example of what happens when racism is institutionalized.

Sir, you are being a jerk! As a disabled veteran, who is the son of a veteran and someone who was also fully engaged in the Civil Rights movement, I find your insistance in being obstinate and contrary offensive.  It belies your stated desire to be politically correct, and demonstrates that you have no desire to honor a great American and recognize the importance of his achievements.  

By the way, political correctness is nothing more than to show respect for those with whom you may disagree. Also you acknowledge their equality and their right to define themselves. So if you are for real in your desire to be politically correct, please think before you make such sweeping and ignorant statements.  And if in the oft chance that you did not say this out of ignorance but as a statement of your true feelings, then you sir are a racist and in need of some real help.
Back to top Go down
http://smilingreaper.com

Happy civil rights day.
Page 1 of 1