Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

It is legal now for business to hire illegals.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  Empty
PostSubject: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:15 am

This from Fox News. It is now legal for business to hire illegals and the business will get 3k for hiring them and they will not have to provide Obamacare. So I am going to break my own rule just this once. Obama is effectively saying frack you to the American worker.
Businesses will have a $3,000-per-employee incentive to hire illegal immigrants or native-born workers under President Obama’s sweeping action on illegal immigration.

Because of a kink in ObamaCare, businesses will not face a penalty for not providing illegal immigrants health care, The Washington Times reports. Illegal immigrants are ineligible for public benefits such as buying insurance on ObamaCare’s health exchanges.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 1:27 pm

wow, instead of fining them for hiring illegals he's giving them incentives. And also insuring that citizens lose out in the job market to illegal invaders. How are illegals "ineligible for public benefits"? They are all already collecting welfare, food stamps, medicare/medicaid, and even Social Security that they never paid into... why is Obamacare different? Probably just because they already have better with the medicare/medicaid they are getting.

What we should be doing is making illegal invaders ineligible for any and ALL public assistance, ineligible to go to public schools, and fining businesses $50,000 for each and every invader they are caught hiring. If we did that, we wouldn't have to deport hardly any of them. Without handouts or jobs they'd go home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Immigrants deserve the same opportunity as Americans. Obama is brave for making this move. The republicans have stonewalled for decades.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 4:20 pm

PappyLee wrote:
Immigrants deserve the same opportunity as Americans. Obama is brave for making this move. The republicans have stonewalled for decades.
LEGAL immigrants do deserve the same opportunity as US citizens, once they themselves become citizens.

Illegal immigrants, however deserve immediate deportation, regardless of circumstances. If they have family members here, those family members can go with them if they so choose.

Don't you even grasp the concept of "illegal" ?
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:22 pm

PappyLee wrote:

They aren't immigrants. Immigrants come here legally, we're talking about invaders.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 10:02 am

An immigrant is someone like my friend Huong. He's Taiwanese and couldn't just walk across the border and claim the same rights and privileges as citizens. He had to enter using a Green card, work, and wait in line to become a citizen. And guess what? Now that he is and see's what is happening to our economy and how some illegal aliens are getting preferential treatment; he votes Republican. He DESERVES the same opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 4:09 pm

ford plasko wrote:
An immigrant is someone like my friend Huong. He's Taiwanese and couldn't just walk across the border and claim the same rights and privileges as citizens. He had to enter using a Green card, work, and wait in line to become a citizen. And guess what? Now that he is and see's what is happening to our economy and how some illegal aliens are getting preferential treatment; he votes Republican. He DESERVES the same opportunity.    

Nah. We don't need any more people who would lean towards the R side of the voting booth. We only need Left leaning types.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:32 am

What are you going to do deport 12 million immigrants? How you going to do that and at what cost? You going to make it like Nazi Germany show me your papers at check points?
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 9:23 am

PappyLee wrote:
What are you going to do deport 12 million immigrants? How you going to do that and at what cost? You going to make it like Nazi Germany show me your papers at check points?

Ideally, yes. We should embark upon a program to detect and deport every single person who is in this country illegally. Detection should be carried out by any means necessary including entrapment schemes such as arrest upon cashing of benefit checks, any traffic stops, arrests for other violations, whatever is required. They are not U.S. citizens, so we shouldn't be hamstrung by legal technicalities intended to protect the rights of U.S. citizens.

Of course, border security should be stiffened to prevent the continuing flow of illegals into this country.

Aside from those who have committed additional crimes while in this country in addition to the crime of being here, deportation should be immediate, and no "anchors"; if you have family members in this country, they can leave with you, they would not be grounds for continuing to stay in this country illegally.

Yes, this would be an expensive proposition. But the benefits to our own country would be outstanding. An immediate reduction in the costs of providing benefits to illegals, as well as an increase in wages at the lower ends of the economic ladder as U.S. citizens no longer have to compete with illegals for jobs.

Another non-financial cost is that paid by legal immigrants. Amnesty under any guise is a slap in the face to the millions who have emigrated to this country legally, following the processes in place, waiting their turn and so forth. For that reason alone, amnesty is unacceptable whatever it is called.

That is what I consider to be "immigration reform"
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 10:31 am

We don't have to deport them, just make illegal invaders ineligible for any and ALL public assistance, ineligible to go to public schools, and start fining businesses $50,000 for each and every invader they are caught hiring. If we did that, we wouldn't have to deport hardly any of them. Without handouts or jobs they'd deport themselves.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 4:39 pm

eber322 wrote:
We don't have to deport them, just make illegal invaders ineligible for any and ALL public assistance, ineligible to go to public schools, and start fining businesses $50,000 for each and every invader they are caught hiring. If we did that, we wouldn't have to deport hardly any of them. Without handouts or jobs they'd deport themselves.
I disagree. There are very likely a significant number living off the grid entirely, drawing benefits via legal relatives for example, or surviving by criminal activity alone. Need to do the job of pest control thoroughly or they just come back.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 5:34 pm

I'd think better than half would leave just by doing what I said and that wouldn't cost anything. That would make it less expensive then to get the rest.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 10:39 am

eber322 wrote:
I'd think better than half would leave just by doing what I said and that wouldn't cost anything. That would make it less expensive then to get the rest.
I'm not saying not to use your method, but I don't think that alone will flush enough of them out.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:09 am

Annoyed wrote:
eber322 wrote:
I'm not saying not to use your method, but I don't think that alone will flush enough of them out.

Yeah, I don't think it would be possible to ever get them all. But I think my plan would get the majority to self deport plus it would cut way back on new invaders coming in.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 12:46 pm

What does an illegal look like, sound like, or act like?

An American citizen may or may not speak English well. Many speak multiple languages. We come from many ethnic backgrounds. We dress however we wish. We practice any religion we want to. But most importantly, we are free.

As such, we make it too easy for an illegal to blend in. You cannot find them without impeding on my rights as an American citizen.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Bandit wrote:
What does an illegal look like, sound like, or act like?

An American citizen may or may not speak English well. Many speak multiple languages. We come from many ethnic backgrounds. We dress however we wish. We practice any religion we want to. But most importantly, we are free.

As such, we make it too easy for an illegal to blend in. You cannot find them without impeding on my rights as an American citizen.
That's nonsense, and I suspect you know it. I have to show my govt. issued ID when I apply for or accept employment, drivers' license, any form of govt. benefits, the list goes on. It would be a simple matter to raise a red flag anytime anyone couldn't produce such documents and have whomever discovered the lack contact INS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It is legal now for business to hire illegals.    It is legal now for business to hire illegals.  Empty

Back to top Go down

It is legal now for business to hire illegals.
Page 1 of 1