Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Legal to throw shoes in Britain.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ford plasko

ford plasko

Legal to throw shoes in Britain. Empty
PostSubject: Legal to throw shoes in Britain.   Legal to throw shoes in Britain. EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:38 pm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7094311.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=2015164

Like someone said,'Can I throw shoes with concrete in them also?' It's so sad to see this silliness in the country of my Grandfather.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Legal to throw shoes in Britain.   Legal to throw shoes in Britain. EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Guess they are becoming muslim every day.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Legal to throw shoes in Britain.   Legal to throw shoes in Britain. EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:32 am

Talk about uninformed muslim protesters. Obama is kissing there butts on a daily basis.

How is it across the globe we seem to get a majority of weak kneed politicians. And sadly we get a few great ones like Reagan, Washington, Lincoln, Chruchill once every fifty to a hundred years? Because its so rare it gives me pause for our and the worlds future.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Legal to throw shoes in Britain.   Legal to throw shoes in Britain. EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:15 pm

You forgot Thatcher.
Back to top Go down
SoCA

PostSubject: Re: Legal to throw shoes in Britain.   Legal to throw shoes in Britain. EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:23 pm

"You forgot Thatcher"
Which is what "Call me Dave" Cameron is desperately hoping we do on May 6th; he knows that she would be the final nail in his electoral coffin if too many people associate the Tory party with her. She only appeals to his core vote - and not all of it at that - too many people in marginals have a dim view of her. In Scotland she was responsible for the annihilation of the Tory vote.

As for the Topic of this thread the traditional method is rotten eggs, but you know us Brits we assimilate anything, from mulligatawny soup, baseball - although to tell the truth that began here - McDonalds to throwing shoes. Actually I look forward to throwing some steel-capped boots at my ex-landlord, hopefully with my feet still in them.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Legal to throw shoes in Britain.   Legal to throw shoes in Britain. EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:46 pm

SoCA wrote:
...us Brits we assimilate anything, from mulligatawny soup, baseball - although to tell the truth that began here...

Because it's similar to cricket? Yes it is obvious that baseball started as version of cricket, but it is a very different game. IMO, and meaning no offense to cricket fans, baseball is the far superior game in terms of both playing and watching.

So, although baseball started out based off of cricket, it is an American game. Like lots of things, Americans took cricket and made it into a game of our own.
Back to top Go down
SoCA

PostSubject: Re: Legal to throw shoes in Britain.   Legal to throw shoes in Britain. EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:39 pm

"Because it's similar to cricket?"

Actually it is virtually identical to a very old game we have here called "rounders". If you see it played you'll see. But there are records of a bat and ball game or base ball - two words - game going back to the early parts of the 18th century. It seems likely that ours became rounders and yours baseball.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Legal to throw shoes in Britain.   Legal to throw shoes in Britain. EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:21 pm

I'd never heard of Rounders, but after looking it up, it appears that there were similar games all around the world since at least the 14th century. The Germans apparently had a game almost exactly the same as Rounders from the same time period, and the Russians had a slightly different but still very similar game even earlier. So who knows, obviously baseball was influenced by some or all of them. For that matter baseball started out as townball then stickball here in the US before becoming baseball.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Legal to throw shoes in Britain.   Legal to throw shoes in Britain. EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:25 pm

We Americans just took rounders cricket and made the greatest game of all time BASEBALL. GOOOOOOOOOOOO Red Sox.
Back to top Go down
SoCa

PostSubject: Re: Legal to throw shoes in Britain.   Legal to throw shoes in Britain. EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:30 am

C-Bucks Rule
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Legal to throw shoes in Britain.   Legal to throw shoes in Britain. EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
We Americans just took rounders cricket and made the greatest game of all time BASEBALL. GOOOOOOOOOOOO Red Sox.

I'll agree with that since it's Go anybody but the Yankees
I just wish the American League would give up the Designated Hitter rule,and get back to baseball the way I played it as a kid. Same with hockey, I still have a hard time figuring out some of the penalties they have now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legal to throw shoes in Britain.   Legal to throw shoes in Britain. Empty

Back to top Go down

Legal to throw shoes in Britain.
Page 1 of 1