Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

2014 mid term elections

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

2014 mid term elections Empty
PostSubject: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 2:22 pm

So now Republicans control both the Senate and House, or Congress if you like.

But does it matter? Will the nation see any positive changes? I doubt it. Not in the next 2 years anyway. When Republicans retook the House, we saw nothing positive, yet a great deal negative.

Why is that? In my opinion, both parties are exactly the same as Conservatives and Liberals. Everybody has lost sight of what's important. The people.

This past election, only bolsters my opinion, as being closer to fact.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 3:18 pm

IF the Republicans do what they should, at 12:01 AM on Jan. 1, 2015, they should begin impeachment proceedings.
This would be a giant step forward.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Nothing will change with veto power. The left will still act like babies running horrible adds. The war on women children blacks dogs cats and every other thing you can think of American are no linger buying it.

This election was about one thing and one thing only. Stop Obama. The only way impeachment will happen is if they have the 67 votes in the senate. Other than that it is a waste of time. However if you look throughout the years congress has given the president more and more powers. Stupidity if you ask me. Time to start rolling those powers back.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:46 pm

I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility to get the votes in the Senate to impeach. He's hurt an awful lot of Democrats at the pols, and some of them may wish to ingratiate themselves to their constituents before the next election. The LSoS has committed many impeachable offenses, so there is no shortage of grounds.
Never mind what's going to happen if Ebola gains a foothold in this country due the the administration's lack of action to protect this nation from that threat.

Even if an attempt fails, it could be good in the long run. One of the big factors protecting this sorry excuse for a president is the fear of being called a racist if you attack him; he uses his skin color as a shield against attacks. But it's never been about race, it has always been about his policy.
Stripping away that cloak by the action of a sizable portion of Congress voting to impeach, criticism be damned would be a worthwhile result in its own right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 7:20 pm

BENGHAZI. LMAO you guys are lame. 2/3rds of Americans did not vote. This is hardly a mandate. I am confident that the republicans will screw this up and pave the way for Hillary as the next president. I hope they do impeach Obama so they can show America just how desperate they are.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:08 am

It really doesn't matter if 2/3 didn't vote, every eligible citizen had the right to vote, it's their own fault if they don't avail themselves of that right.

I too think the Republicans will screw up by not taking the actions they should on several issues including illegal immigration, shrinking the size, scope & cost of the federal government, restoration of lost personal freedoms.. There are many areas where they need to take action.

Although I hope they do take action, more likely, they will not, and as a result, lose the support they've garnered this year and open the doors for the Dems to regain one or both houses of Congress, and to retain the White House.

Sadly, all we really have to choose from is Democrat & Democrat lite.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 11:00 am

Annoyed wrote:
...every eligible citizen had the right to vote...

As did every ineligible citizen, non-citizen, illegal alien, dead person, etc thanks to democrats.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 4:09 pm

eber322 wrote:
Annoyed wrote:
...every eligible citizen had the right to vote...

As did every ineligible citizen, non-citizen, illegal alien, dead person, etc thanks to democrats.
Not just the Democrats. Many Republicans are soft on the illegal issue as well; they want cheap labor for their business pals.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 5:42 pm

The republicans are soft on letting them come here and stay here yes, but it's the democrats that let them vote.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:08 am

The posts in this thread, reflect exactly what I'm talking about. The people are not interested in partisan politics anymore. It wasn't working. That's how the Republicans regained the House. It wasn't enough, so the people gave them the Senate as well. If that doesn't work either, then both parties are screwed.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:04 am

It's not really going to work with Obama in the White House. He won't sign anything into law unless it is exactly what he wants. Instead he'll just keep writing his illegal dictates and keep acting as a dictator. He's already said he's going to bypass congress and make the alien invaders citizens. Everybody in congress is to afraid of being labeled a racist to try and stop him. Nothing will change until the next election, and then only if the Reps control all three branches.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:58 pm

And if the Republicans don't use every legal means at their disposal up to and including impeachment to stop the LSoS, they will lose the support of those that voted them into office,and the Dems with run the table in 2016.

Since the Republicrats have the same stance as the LSoS on many issues such as illegal immigration, i expect they'll screw up their chance to turn the country around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 7:15 pm

Go ahead and impeach Obama. Hilary will win for sure. Obama is president he has the right to do what he wants. Congress should respect him he won the presidency.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:31 pm

PappyLee wrote:
Go ahead and impeach Obama. Hilary will win for sure. Obama is president he has the right to do what he wants. Congress should respect him he won the presidency.

Go read the Constitution. The President does NOT have the right to do as he wants. He must stick to the law of the land and the limitations upon executive power placed upon the executive branch by the Constitution.

And if the Republicans don't enforce those limitations once they take control of the Senate in January, then they ought to be turned out of office as well.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:10 pm

Annoyed wrote:
PappyLee wrote:

Go read the Constitution. The President does NOT have the right to do as he wants. He must stick to the law of the land and the limitations upon executive power placed upon the executive branch by the Constitution.

And if the Republicans don't enforce those limitations once they take control of the Senate in January, then they ought to be turned out of office as well.
You really think the republicans are going to do that? Not without the 67 votes they wont. It would be political suicide. I am with you he should be impeached but I am living in reality and he wont be.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:20 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Annoyed wrote:
PappyLee wrote:

You really think the republicans are going to do that? Not without the 67 votes they wont. It would be political suicide. I am with you he should be impeached but I am living in reality and he wont be.
Congress has given up powers to the president for a 100 years now. Obama has every right to this because congress has given up their powers to the president. They are now looking at giving up trade agreements to the president.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 4:47 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Annoyed wrote:
PappyLee wrote:

Actually, I fully expect the Republicrats to screw up their opportunity, and therefore lose the support of those who put them in office, handing the Dems a win in 2016.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 mid term elections   2014 mid term elections Empty

Back to top Go down

2014 mid term elections
Page 1 of 1