Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Do not go to prison in Michigan.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Do not go to prison in Michigan.  Empty
PostSubject: Do not go to prison in Michigan.    Do not go to prison in Michigan.  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Food shortages, drug smuggling, sex with inmates. It might sound like another episode of Orange Is the New Black, but it’s reality for many Michigan prisoners, who are at the mercy of a private vendor that has taken over the state’s prison food system for the worse.

Take, for example, the maggots. On June 27, inmates at the Parnall Correctional Facility in Jackson discovered fly larvae within exposed cracks on the kitchen’s service line. Michigan Department of Corrections (MDOC) spokesman Russ Marlan told reporters that the gaps should have been filled with caulk, as though a sealant alone would have prevented the infestation. Within two days, about 30 prisoners reported feeling ill, with diarrhea, vomiting, and headaches.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Do not go to prison in Michigan.    Do not go to prison in Michigan.  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 6:21 am

Would not this be better phrased as "Do not commit a crime in Michigan" ?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Do not go to prison in Michigan.    Do not go to prison in Michigan.  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 4:54 pm

Annoyed wrote:
Would not this be better phrased as "Do not commit a crime in Michigan" ?
No because if you commit a crime you can get away with it. :P
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Do not go to prison in Michigan.    Do not go to prison in Michigan.  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 4:58 pm

On a serious note it does not surprise me. Food Service has gone down hill. You used to get paid for your skills now you don't. They have the mentality that anyone can do that job. However seeing the contractor where I work at and the nasty stuff they pull in the name of saving money. They save the government colleges money by taking short cuts in cleaning.

Do not believe me go into any dining services space after they are closed. You will be amazed on how disgusting it is and how low wage people just do not give a rats arse. I would rather work with older people than young ones. At least they have a work ethic.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Do not go to prison in Michigan.    Do not go to prison in Michigan.  EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 3:43 pm

This is also a problem in the restaurant business as well.
A long time ago, I was working for a fire protection equipment company. This job took me into alot of kitchens. I was appalled at the conditions in many of them, and the type of rest. didn't seem to matter. Fancy joints were just as liable to be a pigsty as a low end diner. As far as I could tell, the best places were the fast food joints where the food was prepared in full view of the customers.

Along with the inherent bias in the tipping based compensation plans, this is why I avoid restaurants even to this day.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Do not go to prison in Michigan.    Do not go to prison in Michigan.  EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Annoyed wrote:
This is also a problem in the restaurant business as well.
A long time ago, I was working for a fire protection equipment company. This job took me into alot of kitchens. I was appalled at the conditions in many of them, and the type of rest. didn't seem to matter. Fancy joints were just as liable to be a pigsty as a low end diner. As far as I could tell, the best places were the fast food joints where the food was prepared in full view of the customers.

Along with the inherent bias in the tipping based compensation plans, this is why I avoid restaurants even to this day.
Dude I have seen them not change fry grease for 4 weeks. It is disgusting. When it was state run that would have never happened.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Do not go to prison in Michigan.    Do not go to prison in Michigan.  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:02 am

None of this is new. Food service became a train wreck, at the same time it became an "industry" back in the 70's.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Do not go to prison in Michigan.    Do not go to prison in Michigan.  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 6:17 pm

Bandit wrote:
None of this is new. Food service became a train wreck, at the same time it became an "industry" back in the 70's.
It has steadily declined. The company that has the contract at our school hires anyone with a heart beat. They do not train them they do not care what they do. I have watched it go down hill for the last 14 years. Some of the stuff I seen would make you cringe. Even though I am still state most of us state employees brown bag it now. Because the food is so disgusting. It is a miracle they have not made anyone sick. I have seen them leave fish out all day long in the heat. I have seen them drop it on the floor. When I a say something about it I get the f off look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do not go to prison in Michigan.    Do not go to prison in Michigan.  EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 8:00 am

Who is Michigan run by? Oh a republican who contracts things out and this is what you get. Poor service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do not go to prison in Michigan.    Do not go to prison in Michigan.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Do not go to prison in Michigan.
Page 1 of 1