Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Michigan and the supreme court.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Michigan and the supreme court.  Empty
PostSubject: Michigan and the supreme court.    Michigan and the supreme court.  EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 7:52 pm

Yesterday the supreme court upheld the law in Michigan saying that race should not be a factor in admission to colleges. The leftanistas went crazy yesterday. Saying it was racist however the decision was 6 to 2.

Now I was watching The Kelly File last night and she had the guy that brought the lawsuit against Michigan. She blew the interview. This guy was saying it was racist because Veterans and Alumni children could get into Michigan University with lower SATs and Grades.

Now I want you all to think about this. Where did this guy go wrong and what would you pointed out. I will wait a day or two and give you my response why this guy is wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and the supreme court.    Michigan and the supreme court.  EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Not only shouldn't race be a factor, the schools should not even be allowed to ask for that info. Same thing with gender and disabilities. Although after being admitted, then they can ask for those two in order to provide proper accommodation.

Only exception I can see is if the school is all one gender, then they can ask for gender up front. Same thing about asking for religion.

His argument seems to be that other groups get special privileges, so should minorities. I don't know if his claims about veterans and legacies are true, but even if they are; too bad. If a school wants to give a slight advantage to legacies enrolling, that's their choice. And if any group deserves an advantage it's veterans, and that's because they are the only group I can think of that actually EARNED it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and the supreme court.    Michigan and the supreme court.  EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 6:38 pm

eber322 wrote:
Not only shouldn't race be a factor, the schools should not even be allowed to ask for that info. Same thing with gender and disabilities. Although after being admitted, then they can ask for those two in order to provide proper accommodation.

Only exception I can see is if the school is all one gender, then they can ask for gender up front. Same thing about asking for religion.

His argument seems to be that other groups get special privileges, so should minorities. I don't know if his claims about veterans and legacies are true, but even if they are; too bad. If a school wants to give a slight advantage to legacies enrolling, that's their choice. And if any group deserves an advantage it's veterans, and that's because they are the only group I can think of that actually EARNED it.

This is the thing Eber. The guy is making it sound like there is no minority veterans or legacies. As long the MU is not discriminating against black veterans or Legacy veterans there is no case. If they treating veterans of all races and Legacy of all races the same. The guy has no case.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michigan and the supreme court.    Michigan and the supreme court.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Michigan and the supreme court.
Page 1 of 1