Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

What's your personal theme song?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Skycastle

Skycastle

What's your personal theme song? Empty
PostSubject: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:06 pm

If you could choose a theme song for your life, what might it be? For me it could be "The Impossible Dream" or "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," but right now the theme song from Eureka resonates best for me.

Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:50 am

Here you go, my theme song starts at about 1:10...

Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Cute. It's a very relaxed and unhurried theme, easy like a Sunday morning. I like that.
Back to top Go down
Tuck

Tuck

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:48 pm

Skycastle wrote:
Cute. It's a very relaxed and unhurried theme, easy like a Sunday morning. I like that.

I love that song. Sweet baby James is relaxing for me with a bottle of wine.

Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Tuck wrote:
Skycastle wrote:

Which song?
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Bandit wrote:
Captivating! I love this dreamy song. In fact, when Obama was re-elected this song kept going through my mind (I put it on my facebook page - this same video), because I knew that all nations end, and it was over for America. "Don't hang on, nothing last forever but the earth and sky, it slips away..."
As I watch America, the Constitution and the freedom's we've enjoyed here, slipping away, it's like living in the last days of the Roman empire.

So this song is very appropriate for the time we're living in. It's a great personal song and national song.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Tuck wrote:
Skycastle wrote:

Since you like this song, I posted it for you.

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Skycastle wrote:

Captivating! I love this dreamy song. In fact, when Obama was re-elected this song kept going through my mind (I put it on my facebook page - this same video), because I knew that all nations end, and it was over for America. "Don't hang on, nothing last forever but the earth and sky, it slips away..."
As I watch America, the Constitution and the freedom's we've enjoyed here, slipping away, it's like living in the last days of the Roman empire.

So this song is very appropriate for the time we're living in. It's a great personal song and national song.

I don't have the obsession with Obama that you do.

Another personal theme song. When my wife and I were married, the first dance was ours, and this was our song.

Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Bandit wrote:
Another personal theme song. When my wife and I were married, the first dance was ours, and this was our song.

It's a beautiful song. You chose well.

Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:34 am

Skycastle wrote:

It's a beautiful song. You chose well.

You're very kind, thank you. On a lighter note, my parents promised us a long stay in intensive care, if any of their albums got scratched.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Bandit wrote:
On a lighter note, my parents promised us a long stay in intensive care, if any of their albums got scratched.
Albums? We're definitely from an earlier generation if we understand that term. I miss my albums. 😢
Back to top Go down
Tuck

Tuck

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Skycastle wrote:
Tuck wrote:
Skycastle wrote:

Since you like this song, I posted it for you.

[youtube][/youtube]

I POURED A BIG GLASS OF WINE AND HIT PLAY. THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT. i SMILED THRU THE WHOLE SONG.
Back to top Go down
Tuck

Tuck

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Bandit wrote:
Skycastle wrote:

I don't have the obsession with Obama that you do.

I remember that song because that movie was sensored by my parents but my dad loved the theme song so we could listen to it but we could watch the movie.

Bandit, I hope you are still dancing with the mrs. Remember that line in the Big Chill when they are describing the music of the 70's and Kevin kline says their is no other music. My friend and I recently watched it again after god what 20 years since it came out. He laughed just as hard as he did the first time and he stated that the words are still true.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:48 am

Tuck wrote:

I remember that song because that movie was sensored by my parents but my dad loved the theme song so we could listen to it but we could watch the movie.

Bandit, I hope you are still dancing with the mrs. Remember that line in the Big Chill when they are describing the music of the 70's and Kevin kline says their is no other music. My friend and I recently watched it again after god what 20 years since it came out. He laughed just as hard as he did the first time and he stated that the words are still true.

My wife died almost 10 years ago, so no more dancing for me. Just memories. And I do remember that line. I just don't agree with it. My music collection spans many decades and even countries of origin.

Kinda sad that the "oldies" station plays music from the 80's, and classic stations music from the 90's.

Next up

This one is for Eber (We're both from Michigan).

Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:06 pm

I still love Faygo. :rendeer:
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:56 am

eber322 wrote:
I still love Faygo. :rendeer:

I used to. At some point after I left the state, they changed the formula to Redpop. Now it too, is just a memory.

When I was a wee lad, all our pop came from Towne Club (if you remember them). My fav flavors were Black Cherry, Creme Soda, and Strawberry. But getting a bottle of Faygo Redpop (Strawberry back them) was a treat from my parents until I got a job.

Next up:

Back in 1976, Leo Sayer made a popular song called "You make me feel like dancing".

Well 37 years earlier (1939), another musician also recorded a hit for those who love dancing. It was simply called "In the mood".

Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Tuck wrote:
I POURED A BIG GLASS OF WINE AND HIT PLAY. THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT. i SMILED THRU THE WHOLE SONG.

Arright! :cheers: :drunken:
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Tuck wrote:

The one good thing about growing old is the memories. Each of the seasons of life is special in its own way, and Autumn has always been my favorite season. The music of the 70s & 80s will always be special to me.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Bandit wrote:
My wife died almost 10 years ago, so no more dancing for me. Just memories.

Sorry for your loss. I'm so close with my wife that I can't imagine going through that. Our wedding prayer was to one day die together. After 21 years we still pray for that. Ever see the movie "Rodan? One couldn't live without the other. The ending was quite beautiful in its own way.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Skycastle wrote:

Sorry for your loss. I'm so close with my wife that I can't imagine going through that. Our wedding prayer was to one day die together. After 21 years we still pray for that. Ever see the movie "Rodan? One couldn't live without the other. The ending was quite beautiful in its own way.

Thank you. As they say, freedom isn't free.

I have seen that movie. Many times in fact. I'm a huge Toho fan. But it wasn't that one couldn't live without the other. The other died attempting to help the other take flight and survive. In the end, both died. Well, until the next movie anyway.
Back to top Go down
nerdatnight

nerdatnight

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 1:28 am

Deleted

Last edited by nerdatnight on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 pm

I had never heard this before. It's quite beautiful.

Jon and Vangelis - I'll Find My Way Home

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your personal theme song?   What's your personal theme song? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your personal theme song?
Page 1 of 1