Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. Empty
PostSubject: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:47 pm

A Marine who was fatally shot in his Arizona home earlier this month never fired upon the SWAT team that fired at him 71 times, according to reports released by police.

Jose Guerena, a 26-year-old father of two and veteran of the Iraq war, died on May 5 in his home near Tucson, Ariz., during an anti-drug police raid. Authorities initially reported that they thought Guerena fired upon them, but an investigation revealed that no shots were fired.

The SWAT team descended upon Guerena's home thinking it was one of four houses associated with a drug smuggling operation. But nothing illegal was found during a subsequent search of the residence.

Guerena’s wife, Vanessa, is determined to clear her husband’s good name. She said the couple's son continues to ask: "Is he a bad guy?"

The five SWAT team members remain on active duty. No criminal charges have been filed and no disciplinary action taken.

Guerena, his brother and another man were listed as suspects in a complex drug investigation being conducted by the Pima County Sheriff's Department, the Arizona Daily Star reports.

More than 500 pages of officers' statements, evidence lists and witness interviews were released by the department, as well as a short video showing Pima County Regional SWAT team members serving the warrant -- and opening fire.

The video, according to the Daily Star, depicts deputies approaching Guerena's home as sirens blared. It also showed deputies announcing themselves before knocking down the front door and firing their guns.

Guerena's wife called 911 begging for medical assistance. But authorities reportedly didn't enter the home for a hour, while they determined the scene was secure. By then, it was too late to save Guerena.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/27/report-marine-fatally-shot-swat-team-did-open/#ixzz1NbFAImgD
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. EmptySat May 28, 2011 5:32 am

Something doesnt feel right about this one and the cops decisions. I hope a serious investigation goes into this. My mind keeps thinking of how our government finds veterans a national threat.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:23 pm

ssvs04 wrote:
Something doesnt feel right about this one and the cops decisions. I hope a serious investigation goes into this. My mind keeps thinking of how our government finds veterans a national threat.

I have to agree with sscs04's statement, it doesn't feel right. No verbal warning or anything, bust the door in shooting. What was it, over 30 rounds? Heck what does it take to kill one man in a small room? Doesn't look good for the cops.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:42 pm

I hear tell they fired 71 rounds and hit him with at least 60.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. EmptySun May 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Holy sheet!, I had heard over 30.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. EmptySun May 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Either way for about three quarters of the time they were firing in that video, they must have been firing into his dead body just lying on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Not taking up for the police however 70 round between 5 people you can unload in less then 5 seconds in trained hands.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:29 pm

It was 2 against 20,000 and we killed both them bad mothers. The police need to be a little more accountable for their actions.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Coyote-Loco wrote:
It was 2 against 20,000 and we killed both them bad mothers. The police need to be a little more accountable for their actions.
The whole system does. The investigators on down. I want to know who got the search warrant. I want to know who was investigating. I know what judge gave permission.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:30 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
The whole system does. The investigators on down. I want to know who got the search warrant. I want to know who was investigating. I know what judge gave permission.

You will get no argument from me, the whole darn legal and political systems are corrupt and broken. If we could just get 34 states to declare their sovereignty we could legally and constitutionally remove the Federal Government and start a new one that abides by the constitution. I believe 22 states have already done that (declared their sovereignty).
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:57 am

Coyote-Loco wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

You will get no argument from me, the whole darn legal and political systems are corrupt and broken. If we could just get 34 states to declare their sovereignty we could legally and constitutionally remove the Federal Government and start a new one that abides by the constitution. I believe 22 states have already done that (declared their sovereignty).

Can you imagine no more liberal society killing states like California and New York. And no more leach sucking territories like Puerto Rico that contribute nothing.
Back to top Go down
Coyote-Loco

Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. EmptyMon May 30, 2011 1:29 pm

Yes I can and I would love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.   SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine. Empty

Back to top Go down

SWAT team in Arizona kills ex Marine.
Page 1 of 1