Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

I bet teachers are proud of this.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

I bet teachers are proud of this.  Empty
PostSubject: I bet teachers are proud of this.    I bet teachers are proud of this.  EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 2:20 pm

I am sorry but if teachers cannot perform and at least make students pass a simple exam then they should be allowed any pay raises. No wonder they do not want performance based pay raises. This is a shame and the whole system needs to be overhauled.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/21/apnewsbreak-percent-pass-military-exam/%20?test=latestnews
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Locomoco

Locomoco

I bet teachers are proud of this.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I bet teachers are proud of this.    I bet teachers are proud of this.  EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:35 am

It is becoming more dangerous with each passing week, the bursting of the bubble over public worker's pensions. It is not an exaggeration to say that alot of the teachers in public education are overwhelmingly on the left of the political spectrum and that type of ideology has influenced their teaching methods. To the detriment of the young people in this country.

We had an incident several years back in the Seattle area where a scandal erupted at the end of the school year with a record number of students achieving a 4.0 GPA. I think the number of students was 14, 15 or so. Do you know how *hard* it is to maintain a 4.0 average? It is statistically impossible for that many students in one class graduating with such a perfect score.

Growing up in the 80's virtually none of my classmates achieved that. I don't think even the brainiest student in my graduating class was able to reach that particular summit. The valedictorian ended up with a 3.98 or something...

So how did a public high school here manage to produce 15 students with perfect GPA? Bad teachers and bad grading that's how. Too many teachers practicing hokey ideology in their teaching approach: not wanting standardized testing or believing that any criticism or expectations of student preformance could hamper their growth. Handing out A's the way libs hand out our public money.

Further scrutiny on those students showed none of them really deserved a 4.0 GPA. Not a one. But multiply those types of teachers all around the country doing something similar and we have the school system in America we have today.
Back to top Go down

I bet teachers are proud of this.
Page 1 of 1