Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.  Empty
PostSubject: Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.    Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:29 am

Quote :
First, Jennifer Aniston was under fire for saying that it's OK for women to get pregnant with a "turkey baster." Now, she's said a word that even little kids know not to use.

On Thursday's live episode of "Live with Regis and Kelly," Aniston used the word "retard" to make fun of herself.

While discussing a photo shoot in which Aniston dressed up like Barbra Streisand, Aniston said, "Yes, I play dress up. I do it for a living, like a retard."

SODAHEAD SLIDESHOW: See the worst celebrity foot-in-mouth moments.

Advocacy groups hopped on the incident right away. The Special Olympics released a statement saying, "[We are] always disappointed when the R-word is used, especially by someone who is influential to society... the R-word, even in an off-the-cuff self-deprecating manner, dehumanizes people with intellectual disabilities and perpetuates painful stereotypes."

But Aniston is not alone in the open mouth, insert foot department. Dr. Laura was forced to quit her radio show after using the controversial N-word 11 times on the air last week. Mel Gibson has been caught on tape calling his ex-girlfriend every racist, sexist slur imaginable. And who can forget Michael Richards' rant, or Sinead O'Connor's grave insult to the Pope?
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.    Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:13 am

So many of these Hollywood celebs are just nut cases. I wonder what is it with that area that makes them so strange.

I didnt know that about doctor Laura. I kinda liked her the few times I listened when she spoke to some of the people that were calling for help. What possible reason I wonder could she have a reason for using that word 11 times.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.    Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:13 am

Well you have to listen to the tape.She was trying to make a point about hypersensitivity. Problem was it was done in poor taste and she should have never said it. I was watching MSNBC and one person brought up well black people use the n word. The other person says ya but they don't use it as racial slurs. BS I have heard black people in the Navy use it as a racial slur. People could learn a great lesson watching the Movie Coach Carter.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.    Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:29 am

People are way to sensitive about the word "retard". Yes it could be used as an insult to truly retarded people, but most of the time it is used in the same vein as saying "are you stupid?". Thing is it only became this big issue in the last ten to fifteen years, that's why people thirty or older, like Aniston, slip up. They have used that word since childhood now suddenly it's off limits. It no different than all the kids nowadays that say "that's gay", when they mean it sucks or is lame without actually talking about homosexuals. This is just another example of PC out of control.

As to the N word, yes blacks use it as an insult to each other all the time. As far as I'm concerned if they don't want anybody using that word, they need to include themselves. The ones who don't use it and don't call each other the N word need to come down on the blacks who do just as hard as they do on other races for using it. If they don't they are just hypocrites.

Last edited by eber322 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.    Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:45 pm

When I was a first class petty officer in the Navy and I heard the N word no matter who said it they were reprimanded. I didn't care if one black person was saying it to another.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.    Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:18 pm

eber322 wrote:
People are way to sensitive about the word "retard".
People are WAY too sensitive about a lot of things, words and just about everything else these days.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.    Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:33 pm

Annoyed wrote:

People are WAY too sensitive about a lot of things, words and just about everything else these days.

That's true, thanks to the PC movement. In general I find that if something is Politically Correct, then it is wrong in all other ways.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.    Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:53 pm

1st, in my family of BLACK PEOPLE, the N word was NEVER used! We were taught it was a bad term from those that thought little of us. So when I hear OTHERS say it (other Blacks that is), I wince a bit, and sometimes I have asked why it is alright to use such terms BECAUSE we are Black. That makes as much sense as... well, I can't even think of a good comparison, that is how little sense it makes!

2nd, the definition of 'Politically Correct' is the 'Art' of convincing someone there is a CLEAN side to pick up FECES by!

PC is the whole reason this country is the way it is. I get told too many times, 'You can't say that, you might hurt their feelings!'
Perhaps, if they weren't PCd to death, their skin would be MUCH thicker! Perhaps if we weren't so worried about hurting someone's feeling, there might actually BE less Road Rage, less acts of 'Going Postal', less overall violence overall! I don't know, but before PC, there were a lot less Road Rage and incidents of Going Postal!

But don't get me going, I am that 'Angry Black Man' yo mama warned you about!
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.    Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.  EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:15 pm

eber322 wrote:
People are way to sensitive about the word "retard". Yes it could be used as an insult to truly retarded people, but most of the time it is used in the same vein as saying "are you stupid?". Thing is it only became this big issue in the last ten to fifteen years, that's why people thirty or older, like Aniston, slip up. They have used that word since childhood now suddenly it's off limits. It no different than all the kids nowadays that say "that's gay", when they mean it sucks or is lame without actually talking about homosexuals. This is just another example of PC out of control.

As to the N word, yes blacks use it as an insult to each other all the time. As far as I'm concerned if they don't want anybody using that word, they need to include themselves. The ones who don't use it and don't call each other the N word need to come down on the blacks who do just as hard as they do on other races for using it. If they don't they are just hypocrites.

I Could not have said it better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.    Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Aniston puts foot in mouth.
Page 1 of 1