Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

COVID-19 (coronavirus)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

COVID-19 (coronavirus) Empty
PostSubject: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 1:55 am

A great time to panic, right? At lease buy a ton of toilet paper, right? Stock up on food, and cash, right?

The world isn't going to end soon, so no. And I totally don't get the TP thing! Out of tens of thousands infected, nobody got the shits (diarrhea), so what's the deal? Yeah, I know. It started on social media.

No matter what you do, you can still get infected. So with that in mind, do what you can to minimize the chances. I could say that a million times, and it still wouldn't be enough. Seriously, did you NEED spring break? Why do you think they canceled classes? To keep you separated!

People are blaming the government, at every level. They're just not doing enough. Total load of crap. The people are the problem, not the governments.

Americans want their freedom. Hell, they demand it! Well enjoy. Because in the armed forces, we have a saying. Freedom isn't free, because somebody pays for it.

Time to pay the bill America. Only it's not going to be the military dying.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 2:47 pm

So 3 days since I started this thread, and look how much the virus has spread. Why didn't quarantine work you might wonder/ask? Two reasons:

In the beginning, nobody in the US knew about the virus, or they might be infected.

Upon returning, enjoying their freedom.

So thousands of people entering the US, are infected, and have no idea. But what's important, is they're unknowingly spreading the virus. Currently there are thousands more infected but showing no signs or symptoms. We call them "carriers". Those are people that cannot be connected to being overseas, or infected by a known infected person. Now it's being spread throughout communities.

So how to catch/identify carriers? We cannot. Again, "freedom". We have a "for profit" medical system. That's why there is such a shortage of testing kits. Also why the shortage of medical supplies. Now it's about greed. Want more kits and supplies? Pay first. Not to mention, we cannot "force" someone to get tested, let alone inject them with any potential cure or vaccine. That violates their rights under the US Constitution.

Enjoying your freedom yet? Just wait until "spring break" is over. There's going to be an "explosion" of new cases nation wide.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 3:58 am

OK, WTF is up with my original home state (Michigan)? True facts, my home state (NC) has more people than there. Yet they have 3,657 cases and 92 deaths compared to 1002 cases and 4 deaths.

Looking into it, Michigan got more federal help than we have! We got nothing from Trump, yet Michigan got a medical shipment from FEMA just 6 days ago. What did they do with it?

Ok Eber, wassup with your governor?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 4:37 am

Ok, so 8 days later, and where are we at?

Michigan: 15,718 Cases and 617 deaths
North Carolina: 2,585 and 31 deaths

This isn't my state is better than yours. Far from it. But it is an example of how fast the virus spreads in 2 different states. It hasn't peaked, flattened or anything like that. The numbers keep going higher and higher, faster and faster.

Remember what I said after spring break? Now you're seeing it, but nation wide.

Next up is Christians and Easter. Palm Sunday and in Italy, it was a ghost town in the Vatican as well as elsewhere. Nobody showed up for mass. But this is America. Think they won't gather in large numbers? We will see. If they do, we will see even larger increases in infections and deaths.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 1:09 pm

So where did this virus come from? OK, lets go with just the facts. It started in Wuhan, China. But why there? Was it really from the market?

Ever hear of the Wuhan Institute of Virology? They specialize in viruses, especially coronaviruses. As the name suggests, it is located in Wuhan China. Also located there is the Hunan Seafood Market. It's near the biolabs of the Institute.

Now lets look at the key players. Doctor Li Wenliang was the "whistle blower". He was an Ophthalmologist at Wuhan Central Hospital. But how did an eye doctor find out? Doctor Ai Fen. She was the director of the emergency department at the same hospital as Doctor Li. She saw the lab results from some of her patients, and recognized it as a coronavirus. She contacted the rest of the doctors at the hospital and informed them, which included Li. So she was the "whistle giver".

Doctors at the Institute recognized the new strain as being from their biolab with a 96% certainty. Li tried to warn everybody, but the government shut him up. He later died, supposedly from the virus. Ai disappeared. Nobody has seen her since, although she supposedly posts on social media.

Those are the facts peeps.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyWed May 13, 2020 12:27 am

North Carolina: 15,346 cases and 577 deaths. And this was under TOTAL lockdown in just over a month.

Our governor has started "phase 1" of opening the state from lockdown. I think it's a massive mistake. I'll wait a month, and see what our numbers look like then.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 3:56 am

Ok, it's been a month and we're in "phase 2" of opening. Here's the numbers:

41,654 cases and 1,155 deaths.

As I posted back in April, it hasn't peaked, flattened or anything like that. The numbers keep going higher and higher, faster and faster. And for every positive case, there are 2-3 more we don't know about...yet.

Come on people! it's the middle of June already! WTFU!! Gripe Gripe Gripe
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 4:52 pm

11 days later and we're at:

56,135 cases and 1308 deaths. That's over 1000 new cases every day!

Well finally the governor saw his mistake. He will not open the state further. However, the states congress is getting ready to override his veto.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 11:32 pm

71,795 cases and 1,425 deaths. It's pointless at this stage. The virus and people are out of any sort of control.

Happy 4th America. Lets see who's still around next year. Coffee
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 9:20 am

83,800 cases and 1,523 deaths. But look at the nation:

3,230,000 cases and 134,600 deaths. Not bad for 4 months work. Estimates are by the end of October, over 225,000 will be dead.

Let me put that into context for you.

Korean War: 33,739 dead
Vietnam War: 47,434 dead
WW 1: 53,402 dead

And now you want to open up schools? They do that, and by the end of this year, you'll beat out WW2 as well with 291,557 dead, in addition to those already dead. That's right. 500,000+ easy.

Last edited by Bandit on Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 9:38 am

Honestly I don't think those numbers are real. I've heard more than once that they are fudging those numbers to make the virus look worse. I have a feeling that as soon as Trump loses, if he does, the virus will suddenly stop being a problem and we won't hear about it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 9:34 am

I've heard that too, and it's just stupid. Seriously, how dumb can they get? This thing has affected most every aspect of most peoples lives. It's to the point I can't even use cash any more because nobody can make change.

The one time the government is being open and honest with the people, and sure as poo, some idiot(s) think it's all a ruse.

If they came up with a vaccine today, it would make little difference. Screw the election, this virus isn't going away anytime soon, regardless who is in office. If Trump stays, he'll continue to say it's not that bad. If Biden wins, he'll say it's worse than ever, but it's all Trumps fault.

End result, 500,000+ dead by years end.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 1:08 am

You reading this know I was raised Roman Catholic. You also know I was raised in Detroit Michigan. For those who think your deity will spare you, read this:

Link

Think about those ladies next time you insist on packing into a church. Think about them when you refuse to wear a mask, or obey social distancing.

Your deity won't save you.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 2:30 pm

And its started already:

CV and students

CV and Students 2

CV and Students 3

This was the only reason we pulled children out of school back in March in the first place!

Those of you that are parent(s) and are or have raised children know this dance, all too well. Every virus, bacteria, or bug those kids come into contact with are coming home.

We currently have over 5 million infections, 163,000+ deaths, and only at the end of this month will all schools be open nation wide. What will the numbers look like then?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 11:25 pm

Well now Trump has it. You know it's an act of desperation when they are injecting junk in the POTUS the FDA hasn't approved and has yet to be tested.

Sadly even if Trump dies in office, there are those that will still think it's all a ruse.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 3:40 am

Well we're past keeping tabs on how many are affected, or dead. That, I do blame Trump for. The CDC should have stayed the place all reports go to.

Now all we have are "best guesses". 8,048,865 infected and 218,575 dead. By the end of this month, as I posted before, we will make 225K dead. As for schools, we lost all control over those numbers. Schools open, thousands get infected, schools close, and no concrete data. All anybody cares about is when the schools will open again.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 9:43 pm

Still a train wreck. About the vaccine? Yeah, right. Tell ya what. If you're one of those Doctors saying it's safe, let me inject you with it. After all, you're on the front lines, right?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 2:00 pm

Distribution is a mess. Biden stepped in and now everybody is just doing what they want. This is gonna be my first black mark against him.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:55 pm

Over 31 million doses were delivered to the states, but only 12 million actually made it into arms.

Yeah, we're screwed.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 1:20 pm

eber322 wrote:
Honestly I don't think those numbers are real. I've heard more than once that they are fudging those numbers to make the virus look worse. I have a feeling that as soon as Trump loses, if he does, the virus will suddenly stop being a problem and we won't hear about it anymore.
This is about as close to what I consider to be the "truth" that I've seen in this thread.

In my opinion, CV was deliberately released by China, in collusion with the political left in the U.S. (and elsewhere) as a means to ensure that Trump was ousted in the fall 2020 election.

Consider:
The political left in the US has spent 4 years, trying any possible stunt they could think of to get rid of Trump, because he effectively pushed an agenda they oppose. From the moment he announced his candidacy, he was under constant attack from the left. There were discussions of impeachment 19 minutes after he took office. They tried to subvert the electoral college system. They spent how much time on the false "Russia collusion" idea, culminating with a failed impeachment attempt over it? When Trump exercised his constitutional authority to appoint a SCOTUS justice (Kavanaugh), they resorted to manfacturing a rape charge against him using an accuser that could not even stand by her own claims of an assault 20+ years ago.

China, on the other hand, was equally unhappy with Trump, because Trump flatly refused to put up with China's crap.

Prior to CV, primarily as a result of the incredible success of Trump's polices in the economic arena, unemployment was at 50+ year lows, wages for the working classes were rising for the first time in as many years. Trump also was that rare politician who actually did what he said he was going to do while campaigning. In most cases, he was successful, and where he failed, such as the border wall, the failure was the fault of his opposition. On and on; Trump was an incredibly successful president. Just on the strength of the economy, he looked to be unbeatable at the polls in Nov. 2020. He was a lock to win.

The Democrats & the left in this country found this to be intolerable. So did China.

So, along comes a virus, released by China, which forced the shutdown of large sectors of the economy, breaking the unparalleled expansion which was ongoing. The Democrats promptly used this as an excuse to change voting rules, opening the system up to massive fraud and abuse. Which we clearly saw.

In short, in my view, the whole damned thing was a joint effort by the Democrats/Left in this country and Communist China whose sole aim was to ensure that Trump did not win re-election. They simply couldn't get rid of him any other way.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 3:29 am

Wow. You don't wear a tinfoil hat do you?
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 9:33 am

Bandit wrote:
Wow. You don't wear a tinfoil hat do you?
Not at all. Looking at what has transpired, it's what makes the most sense.

The vast majority of the time, we the sheeple are not given "the truth" by our leaders or the media. This is been the case as long as I've been around, as far as I can tell.
Therefore, we are left to look at what we are told, and see what is seems to be missing based on what makes the most sense.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 11:22 pm

I prefer to stick with known facts, rather than jump on a conspiracy bus. Facts do not choose sides. Conspiracy theories always do.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 12:25 am

So think we're out of the woods? Don't believe it. Saying vaccinated people could go maskless was foolish. Yet America celebrated Memorial Day maskless and no distancing. Didn't even care that less than 1/3rd of the people was fully vaccinated.

Well we're at 594K plus deaths and rising. If Biden is forced to recant his policy he will lose all credibility. And he can't try to blame Trump again. He was already called out on that by the "fact checkers".

So the fight isn't over yet. Don't let your guard down.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 1:10 pm

Bandit wrote:
So think we're out of the woods? Don't believe it. Saying vaccinated people could go maskless was foolish. Yet America celebrated Memorial Day maskless and no distancing. Didn't even care that less than 1/3rd of the people was fully vaccinated.

Well we're at 594K plus deaths and rising. If Biden is forced to recant his policy he will lose all credibility. And he can't try to blame Trump again. He was already called out on that by the "fact checkers".

So the fight isn't over yet. Don't let your guard down.
Biden already lost his credibility. Before he even stole the election.
But it doesn't matter anyway; the China Virus crisis has already served it's purpose, to get Trump out of office. That's all that mattered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COVID-19 (coronavirus)   COVID-19 (coronavirus) Empty

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next