Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

First Thor now Captain America.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

First Thor now Captain America.  Empty
PostSubject: First Thor now Captain America.    First Thor now Captain America.  EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:19 pm

Call me old fashion but Captain America will always be Steve Rodgers.
(CNN) -- Move over, Steve Rogers. Let the Falcon take wing.

The Falcon, aka Sam Wilson, is taking over as Captain America from Rogers, Marvel announced Wednesday.

The new hero isn't just far younger than Rogers, who "must surrender his blues for a sturdy cane,"
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: First Thor now Captain America.    First Thor now Captain America.  EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:49 pm

This is just like the Thor thing, it's all PC nonsense. Make Thor get replaced by a girl and Cap get replaced with a black guy. They think doing this will make them more popular with females and minorities. It will backfire, women and minorities aren't going to start reading comics because of this, but a lot of current subscribes will cancel because they won't like their iconic heroes getting messed with. They went about this all the wrong way. They already have black and female heroes, play them up more instead of screwing up iconic heroes. Tomorrow Marvel will probably announce that the Hulk is gay and having a love affair with Wolverine.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: First Thor now Captain America.    First Thor now Captain America.  EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 1:47 pm

eber322 wrote:
This is just like the Thor thing, it's all PC nonsense. Make Thor get replaced by a girl and Cap get replaced with a black guy. They think doing this will make them more popular with females and minorities. It will backfire, women and minorities aren't going to start reading comics because of this, but a lot of current subscribes will cancel because they won't like their iconic heroes getting messed with. They went about this all the wrong way. They already have black and female heroes, play them up more instead of screwing up iconic heroes. Tomorrow Marvel will probably announce that the Hulk is gay and having a love affair with Wolverine.
I do go the movies but if they screw with the Avengers it is over for me. Same with Thor and Capt America I will boycott the movies and start a movement.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: First Thor now Captain America.    First Thor now Captain America.  EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 4:46 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I do go the movies but if they screw with the Avengers it is over for me. Same with Thor and Capt America I will boycott the movies and start a movement.
They are all part of the same comic book empire. The only way to send a clear message would be to stop watching all Marvel properties.

Since comics invariably skew towards a younger audience which is fine with these perversions, the odds of having any significant impact on their overall viewership/readership counts is quite low.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: First Thor now Captain America.    First Thor now Captain America.  EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Annoyed wrote:

Since comics invariably skew towards a younger audience...

Actually that isn't true. 86% of comic book readers are adults, in fact the three quarters are men between 20 and 45. Readers over 45 make up another 3.5%. Kids are only 14%. Also males make up 75% of readers.

Comic publishers know this, it's been this way for twenty years. My generation unlike earlier ones, never stopped reading but reading in younger generations has been consistently falling off. Publishers have been writing to an older audience now for years, but the lack of new readers has them worried. That's why in recent years they started selling digital format subscriptions to try and appeal to the kids and also why they did things like create the "Ultimate" universe in Marvel which panders to a younger crowd.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: First Thor now Captain America.    First Thor now Captain America.  EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 4:02 pm

eber322 wrote:
Annoyed wrote:

Since comics invariably skew towards a younger audience...

Actually that isn't true. 86% of comic book readers are adults, in fact the three quarters are men between 20 and 45. Readers over 45 make up another 3.5%. Kids are only 14%. Also males make up 75% of readers.

Comic publishers know this, it's been this way for twenty years. My generation unlike earlier ones, never stopped reading but reading in younger generations has been consistently falling off. Publishers have been writing to an older audience now for years, but the lack of new readers has them worried. That's why in recent years they started selling digital format subscriptions to try and appeal to the kids and also why they did things like create the "Ultimate" universe in Marvel which panders to a younger crowd.
Kids today are more interested in the latest video game and what their KDR is. Comics is something they just don't do. You might even the comics come to an end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Thor now Captain America.    First Thor now Captain America.  Empty

Back to top Go down

First Thor now Captain America.
Page 1 of 1