Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

When will it end???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

When will it end??? Empty
PostSubject: When will it end???   When will it end??? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:43 pm

A brother in Christ was telling us today that his girlfriends brother is in big trouble. Apparently he owes a few thousand dollars (actually we were told it was HUNDREDS of thousands) to some gang in Mexico (that is where she is from, her parents and her live here but the rest still in Mexico). Anyway, she is worried because the ones he owes money to is threatening his WHOLE FAMILY if he doesn't pay up!
Now, MY question is WHY? Why did these people even put themselves into THAT position! There was no possible way he could have ever paid that kind of money back, if it were a loan, or if it is gambling debts, same situation. So shame on them! Of course, if its for drugs...well DOUBLE shame on them for 'TRUSTING an addict would pay ANY of that back!
Sigh, my heart breaks for this girl, she is apparently innocent of THAT mindset, of how THAT part of the world works. So sad that this is how she gets introduced.
Anyway, just thought I would say something, get it off my anginic chest!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: When will it end???   When will it end??? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Witness Protection.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TwiceWise

TwiceWise

PostSubject: Re: When will it end???   When will it end??? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 1:25 am

Walter,

This goes along with one of my undeniable truths of life. About five years ago I started making a list of things I had thought through and considered worth writing down. The first phrase on my list was “passion trumps reason.” We do what feels good at the moment without considering the consequences of the future. We want what we want and are willing to sacrifice tomorrow in order to get what we want today. In Galatians 6:7-8 the Bible says, “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”

It may be that your acquaintance will have to face the consequences. I think the smart move would be to go to the police and tell them everything he knows. It may be that there isn’t a solution, but he won’t know until he tries. If he has committed a crime then it would be better to go to jail for it here in the United States than it would to face up to what he’s done in Mexico. All we can do is pray for him and hope that God will give him wisdom to know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When will it end???   When will it end??? Empty

Back to top Go down

When will it end???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sci Fi Forums :: Basement :: Politics 101-
Jump to: