Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

The Duck Dynasty guy.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

The Duck Dynasty guy. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duck Dynasty guy.   The Duck Dynasty guy. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Quote :
Yea, yea, I know. Love the sinner but hate the sin. And I'm sure there are people who actually practice what they preach, but far too many people use their religion to justify their bigotry, and Christians should learn to tolerate gays because they're not going anywhere. Most have seemed to adjust just fine to an anti-slavery worldview so I'm sure that if they really tried they could learn to live with the fact that some people are gay and will remain that way their entire life.

So if certain Christians are going to use the bible to justify their stands on homosexuality they should at least be consistent and be pro-slavery as well.
Most Christians tolerate gays. More than democrats tolerate conservative women or blacks.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: The Duck Dynasty guy.   The Duck Dynasty guy. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 10:52 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Quote :
Yea, yea, I know. Love the sinner but hate the sin. And I'm sure there are people who actually practice what they preach, but far too many people use their religion to justify their bigotry, and Christians should learn to tolerate gays because they're not going anywhere. Most have seemed to adjust just fine to an anti-slavery worldview so I'm sure that if they really tried they could learn to live with the fact that some people are gay and will remain that way their entire life.

So if certain Christians are going to use the bible to justify their stands on homosexuality they should at least be consistent and be pro-slavery as well.
Most Christians tolerate gays. More than democrats tolerate conservative women or blacks.

I dare say, there are just as many jerkhole conservatives as liberals.

P.S. Sorry for the language. It just seemed to be the most appropriate word.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The Duck Dynasty guy.   The Duck Dynasty guy. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 5:32 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/28/duck-dynasty-to-resume-filming-with-phil-robertson-ae-announces/

Well, it seems as if A&E is doing an about face. I couldn't care less about the show itself, it doesn't interest me in the least, but it's nice to seem them stand up to the various special interest groups.

Let's see if they have the backbone to stand by their decision in the face of the onslaught that is sure to ensue. I rather doubt it, but maybe they will surprise me.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The Duck Dynasty guy.   The Duck Dynasty guy. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Annoyed wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/28/duck-dynasty-to-resume-filming-with-phil-robertson-ae-announces/

Well, it seems as if A&E is doing an about face. I couldn't care less about the show itself, it doesn't interest me in the least, but it's nice to seem them stand up to the various special interest groups.

Let's see if they have the backbone to stand by their decision in the face of the onslaught that is sure to ensue. I rather doubt it, but maybe they will surprise me.
They have crunched the numbers. The people that watch Duck Dynasty are not the ones that are watching The New Norm.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Duck Dynasty guy.   The Duck Dynasty guy. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Duck Dynasty guy.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sci Fi Forums :: Basement :: Politics 101-
Jump to: