Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? Empty
PostSubject: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:43 pm

A big no. Why is that? Because democrats will not let it be insight. They make broken promises to the black community and keep them in poverty. They have destroyed the black family and make no mistake about it that was by design. They claim they are the champions of blacks yet do nothing for them. The jobless rate for black teens is appalling. If a republican president had those numbers he would be called racist.

To bad more blacks do not see what the democrat party has done to them. LBJ said. Who said “I’ll have those n@#$#$rs voting Democratic for the next 200 years”?
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Oh please.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
To bad more blacks do not see what the democrat party has done to them. LBJ said. Who said “I’ll have those n@#$#$rs voting Democratic for the next 200 years”?
Do you have a first hand source for that quote?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Really I will give you whole history. I love doing this. I have been researching this for a while now. It is amazing what you find. Ever since Walter has been on here he has made me think like he does. I am not as well spoken as he is but the man does make you think.

Now this is not that quote but very revealing. I did not book mark the site but I will find it you can chew on this one for a while.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:32 pm

You're right, that's not the quote, and I'll remind you that the N word didn't carry the same connotation as it does today. Regardless the argument that today's Republican party is somehow more minority friendly that the Democrats based on the history of both parties isn't a very strong one.

I mean I could argue any one quote by LBJ speaking for democrats as a whole on the issue of race  by offering up Strom Thurmond, a Dixiecrat who changed parties and became a republican because he was opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act. An Act that was signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:51 pm

ilaugh wrote:
You're right, that's not the quote, and I'll remind you that the N word didn't carry the same connotation as it does today. Regardless the argument that today's Republican party is somehow more minority friendly that the Democrats based on the history of both parties isn't a very strong one.

I mean I could argue any one quote by LBJ speaking for democrats as a whole on the issue of race  by offering up Strom Thurmond, a Dixiecrat who changed parties and became a republican because he was opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act. An Act that was signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson
Really Strom Thurmand? You guys always point to him however he was only racist democrat to switched. Thurmand started out as a republican then switched to democrat because of Truman desegregated the military. He then switched again. However here is a full list of Dixie Crats that were racist that never switched.
Dixiecrat – Senators

(D)VA Harry F. Byrd, 1933-1965
   (D)VA A. Willis Robertson, 1946-1966
   (D)WV Robert C. Byrd, 1959-Present
   (D)MS John C. Stennis, 1947-1989
   (D)MS James O. Eastland, 1941-1941,1943-1978
   (D)LA Allen J. Ellender, 1937-1972
   (D)LA Russell B. Long, 1948-1987
   (D)NC Sam Ervin, 1954-1974
   (D)NC Everett Jordan, 1958-1973
   (D)OK Thomas Pryor Gore, 1906-1921,1931-1937
   (D)AL J. Lister Hill, 1938-1969
   (D)AL John J. Sparkman, 1946-1979
   (D)FL Spessard Holland, 1946-1971
   (D)FL George Smathers, 1951-1969
   (D)SC Olin D. Johnston, 1945-1965
   (D,R)SC Strom Thurmond, 1954-1956,1956-2003
   (D)AR John McClellan, 1943-1977
   (D)GA Richard B. Russell, Jr., 1933-1971
   (D)GA Herman E. Talmadge, 1957-1981
   (D)TN Herbert S. Walters, 1963-1964
  (D)TN Albert Gore Sr.
Dixiecrat – State governors

Benjamin Travis Laney, Arkansas Governor
   Fielding Wright, Mississippi Governor
   Frank M. Dixon, Former Alabama Governor
   William H. Murray, Former Oklahoma Governor
   Mills E. Godwin Jr. governor of Virginia

But one has to ask why did Thurmand switch to the party that voted for civil rights if he was so opposed to it? Oh and lets not forget the democrats had 2 members that I can find in the KKK. Albert Gore Sr and Robert Byrd.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Doesn't change my argument. How does that affect today's parties.

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Oh and lets not forget the democrats had 2 members that I can find in the KKK. Albert Gore Sr and Robert Byrd.
What's your point. Unless your saying that both parties have had politicians with ties to the KKK. And if so. How does that make your argument that democrats are the true racists any stronger?
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:07 pm

This whole argument coming up so often recently makes it feel like certain republicans are projecting a wee bit.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:51 pm

ilaugh wrote:

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Oh and lets not forget the democrats had 2 members that I can find in the KKK. Albert Gore Sr and Robert Byrd.
What's your point. Unless your saying that both parties have had politicians with ties to the KKK. And if so. How does that make your argument that democrats are the true racists any stronger?
Only one party unless you know of a republican in the house of senate?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:55 pm

One of the major problems is that over 70 percent of blacks are born out of wedlock that is a tragedy. No one talks about it. You have youth unemployment above 50 percent. Mind you that democrats have had the presidency since 2008 and the House and senate from 2008 to 2010. Over all black unemployment at over 12 percent. This is unacceptable. What would Dr King say about this? How has this happened?
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:00 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
ilaugh wrote:

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Only one party unless you know of a republican in the house of senate?
Rice W. Means, Senator from Colorado was one, I'm sure there are others.
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:23 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
One of the major problems is that over 70 percent of blacks are born out of wedlock that is a tragedy. No one talks about it. You have youth unemployment above 50 percent. Mind you that democrats have had the presidency since 2008 and the House and senate from 2008 to 2010. Over all black unemployment at over 12 percent. This is unacceptable. What would Dr King say about this? How has this happened?
How is this the fault, or the master plan of the Democratic party, as you imply. More specifically. How is that Obama's fault.

Like I said. This all feels like projection coming from republicans. Ever since the Republican Party has aligned itself closely with far right conservative Christians they have become the party of restricting freedoms and ruling from dogma. So they're attempting to frame an argument around the history of both parties in an attempt to prove that they're not the bad guys here.

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:14 pm

ilaugh wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
How is this the fault, or the master plan of the Democratic party, as you imply. More specifically. How is that Obama's fault.

Like I said. This all feels like projection coming from republicans. Ever since the Republican Party has aligned itself closely with far right conservative Christians they have become the party of restricting freedoms and ruling from dogma. So they're attempting to frame an argument around the history of both parties in an attempt to prove that they're not the bad guys here.    

Alright. How is it Bush's fault the economy crashed? I can use the argument. What has Obama done what ideas has be proposed besides running around the country and giving speeches? Why hasn't he worked with congress on anything? No instead he flies around on the tax payers dime and gives speeches. Talk is cheap time for Obama to grow up get with both parties and hammer out a plan.

Or do you prefer we keep taking from the rich and give the scraps to the poor. I am sure they would rather have jobs.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:38 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Simple. Reproduction. There is no law that states a woman cannot have as many children as she wants to, regardless if she can actually afford them. As you are focused on blacks...

Here's a recent example:

So tell me Vulcan, what is your solution?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 5:34 pm

That is only one person. Sorry just using the argument the left uses. You want to know what I would do? Easy if you are on ANY kind of public assistance you should be required to be on birth control. They should use the implants. Now I know what some people are going to say. Sorry but public assistance is a a privilege not a right. You want it go on birth on birth control. Then people would not have 15 babies.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 5:58 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
That is only one person. Sorry just using the argument the left uses. You want to know what I would do? Easy if you are on ANY kind of public assistance you should be required to be on birth control. They should use the implants. Now I know what some people are going to say. Sorry but public assistance is a a privilege not a right. You want it go on birth on birth control. Then people would not have 15 babies.
Police state anyone? And from a...sorry Bro, I forget what you are. Moderate, or whatever.

Recently in my state, they tried to pass legislature, that required all welfare recipients to pass drug screening. I thought it was fair. I still have to pass drug screening, just to have a job that helps pay for welfare. I fail the test, I'm out of a job. Well the bill didn't make it. I was floored. So you can take your welfare check, go buy drugs, get high, then complain because you don't have enough money to feed your platoon of kids?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:26 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Police state anyone? And from a...sorry Bro, I forget what you are. Moderate, or whatever.

Recently in my state, they tried to pass legislature, that required all welfare recipients to pass drug screening. I thought it was fair. I still have to pass drug screening, just to have a job that helps pay for welfare. I fail the test, I'm out of a job. Well the bill didn't make it. I was floored. So you can take your welfare check, go buy drugs, get high, then complain because you don't have enough money to feed your platoon of kids?
What is police about it? You are on the government dole. If you wish to receive those benefits then you must be on birth control. No one is forcing you to do it. Just like the lady the lady in Florida who tried to have her picture taken with her burka on. Tried to claim it was her right not to. Sorry she lost getting a license is a privilege. Just like anything else. Companies now drug test you when you get hurt on the job. Some randomly drug test you if you want to work at that company you have to. No difference here. If you want to receive government benefits then you must be on birth control.

I did not they had to get an abortion if they got pregnant. I think my solution is perfectly reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:57 am

And then we have an entire class of people who have co-opted the problems that blacks face in our society so that they can make their very comfortable livings being the so-called spokesmen or advocates for blacks in this country. Of couse, they don't really want to solve the problems, after all, if they did, what would they make their livings off of?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Since when was public assistance a privilege? You qualify for it, or do not. And what if my religion forbids the use of contraceptives? Now are you going to tell me I cannot have sex?

Nice try. Next!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Bandit wrote:
Since when was public assistance a privilege? You qualify for it, or do not. And what if my religion forbids the use of contraceptives? Now are you going to tell me I cannot have sex?

Nice try. Next!
I knew this was going to happen. Where in the Constitution does it say welfare is a right? Mennonites a while back sued the state of Virginia against having blinkers and the orange triangles on their buggies. Citing their religion. They lost. No one has the right to welfare. One day welfare will gone because we will be able to afford it.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
No one has the right to welfare. One day welfare will gone because we will be able to afford it.
Not quite. It's far too late to turn off the tap at this point. It will, however, in a very large way contribute to the financial collapse of the U.S. So, it will come to an end. As will the U.S. itself. It takes time, but many times in nature, the parasite can eventually kill the host.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 11:40 am

Annoyed wrote:
And then we have an entire class of people who have co-opted the problems that blacks face in our society so that they can make their very comfortable livings being the so-called spokesmen or advocates for blacks in this country. Of couse, they don't really want to solve the problems, after all, if they did, what would they make their livings off of?

Class of people, or organization(s)?
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Bandit wrote:
Annoyed wrote:

Class of people, or organization(s)?
Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the like.
Thousands of local equivalents to these to scattered across the country.
The NAACP.
Thousands of state & federal government workers who make their livings administering the welfare systems.
Thousands of urban school teachers and administrators throughout the country who are constantly bemoaning the pitiful state of inner city schools, blaming the problem on inadequate resources while at the same time, themselves making obscenely comfortable livings at the taxpayer's expense.

These organizations & individuals make very comfortable livings claiming to be working for the benefit of the poor (black, white or lime green, color really doesn't matter) but at no time do they ever even suggest things that might actually end the cycle of poverty for people; such as making responsible life choices.

Don't get pregnant by/impregnate 15 different partners outside of marriage.

Stay in school, actually attend class and apply yourself to learning the material, rather than trying to be"too cool for school" or whatever the modern lingo for it is.

Don't try to impress everyone by seeing how much in the way of criminal behavior you can get away with. Criminal convictions and prison terms really put a damper on your ability to succeed in life. And that of your family.

These are just a few examples of poor life choices that none of the advocates say much about. Interestingly enough, these same things, and others like them can actually end the cycle of poverty for those who avoid them.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:59 am

So you mean black Freemasons, yes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?   Is Dr Kings Dream in sight? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Dr Kings Dream in sight?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sci Fi Forums :: Basement :: Politics 101-
Jump to: