Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.  Empty
PostSubject: I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.    I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.  EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:29 pm

This is the stupid part I have picked out of this article I will post the URL but are these guys for real? Is CNN trying to make this the new norm?

Poll: If you had a choice between a longer weekend or more pay, which would you choose?

The 40-hour work week, adopted shortly after the Great Depression, was originally thought of as a job creation tool.

"Cutting hours of work can have positive effects on employment levels during a severe economic downturn," the International Labour Organization noted in a report last month.

Shortened hours can be used to create jobs, the ILO said, as fewer hours for one worker means more work for another.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/09/news/economy/shorter-work-week/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.    I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.  EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Most countries in the world don't work as many hours as we do. Most of Europe has shorter work weeks and way more paid vacation time. Most of them start a new new job with SEVEN paid weeks of vacation if you can believe it.  Whereas here you are lucky to start with two, and you might reach five or six after about ten years working there. Cutting hours is on the way though, just as soon as Obamacare goes into effect tons of places, like WalMart for example, will cut hours to below the limit where they have to pay for Obamacare. some companies will do it because they are greedy, others will do it because they truly can't afford the cost, either way we will end up with more part time jobs than full time. And most people will end up like me, working two part time jobs to make ends meet.

It is funny them saying shortening hours creates jobs... no it doesn't, all that does is split one job up between multiple people. You are then forced to share your job and pay with somebody else.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.    I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.  EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 2:40 pm

eber322 wrote:
Most countries in the world don't work as many hours as we do. Most of Europe has shorter work weeks and way more paid vacation time. Most of them start a new new job with SEVEN paid weeks of vacation if you can believe it.  Whereas here you are lucky to start with two, and you might reach five or six after about ten years working there. Cutting hours is on the way though, just as soon as Obamacare goes into effect tons of places, like WalMart for example, will cut hours to below the limit where they have to pay for Obamacare. some companies will do it because they are greedy, others will do it because they truly can't afford the cost, either way we will end up with more part time jobs than full time. And most people will end up like me, working two part time jobs to make ends meet.

It is funny them saying shortening hours creates jobs... no it doesn't, all that does is split one job up between multiple people. You are then forced to share your job and pay with somebody else.
You speak of the Euro thing I wonder if this was not the plan all along. But I can see it now. People only working 29 hours a week and the left complaining they cannot find a place to live or afford a house this is a disaster waiting to happen.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.    I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.  EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
But I can see it now. People only working 29 hours a week and the left complaining they cannot find a place to live or afford a house this is a disaster waiting to happen.
Not if you're a Democrat banking on votes from people you hand money to.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.    I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.  EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Annoyed wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
But I can see it now. People only working 29 hours a week and the left complaining they cannot find a place to live or afford a house this is a disaster waiting to happen.
Not if you're a Democrat banking on votes from people you hand money to.
Lol well you do know that all we here from democrats is this is how Europe does it. Which I thought the whole revolution was fought because we did not want to do it the way Europe does it.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.    I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.  EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 pm

Well I have no doubt that if the founding fathers were time traveled to today and saw what our government has become, they'd start another revolution.

Last edited by eber322 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.    I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.  EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:04 pm

A friend worked as a producer for a cable company, for Time Warner or someone. Anyway, they announced they were going to fire him (Thank you Obamacare) but to get around it, they RE-HIRED him as an independent contractor (no more medical coverage, no more 401K for them to pay for! :( 
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.    I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.  EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
A friend worked as a producer for a cable company, for Time Warner or someone. Anyway, they announced they were going to fire him (Thank you Obamacare) but to get around it, they RE-HIRED him as an independent contractor (no more medical coverage, no more 401K for them to pay for! :( 
Yep and that is going to play out. This will be the new norm as long as any democrat is president. When a republican is president we will hear about poor job numbers the narrative will change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.    I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.  Empty

Back to top Go down

I do not know how to respond to this from CNN.
Page 1 of 1