Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Just sayin...

Go down 
+2
ilaugh
Walterth3rd
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

Just sayin... Empty
PostSubject: Just sayin...   Just sayin... EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 7:50 pm

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/nations-morals-plunged-after-50-godless-years/
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

Just sayin... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just sayin...   Just sayin... EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:57 pm

What an outright and absolute joke of an articular. First off crime rates across the board have been falling for over 20 years, probably closer to 30. This is a case of romanticizing a past that largely didn't exist.

Quote :
he said. “Homosexuals, the most violent of the abusers of children in our society, are treated as a protected class.  
This statement is garbage and has been proven over and over again, despite what hate groups like the Family Research Institute or the Family Research Council would like you to believe. 

Quote :
“America today is a society in which one of every 10 adult men is either in prison, on parole or under some sort of judicial oversight"
You don't think privatization of prisons, zero tolerance laws, mandatory minimums, and the three strike rule had something to do with that?

Quote :
“The logic in those cases continues today – the Living Constitution logic – this logic reduces our republic to the status of democracy, which is in fact mob rule,” he said.
This is just so ridiculous I don't even know were to begin. Fist off, if it were mob rule the Christian mob would easily roll over the rest of us. Secondly, the Constitution is a living document because it was designed to be changed, or amended. Which is a good thing because we are a long way from the 18th century. And it's not exactly easy to amend the Constitution in the first place.   

And like I've stated before: Kids are still allowed to pray in schools. The only thing that was taken out was faculty led prayer.
http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/religionandschools/prayer_guidance.html

This is just another case of American Christians trying to shove their belief system down the throats of the general population, regardless of the individuals beliefs, and crying foul, and I being repressed when people push back.

Last edited by ilaugh on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

Just sayin... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just sayin...   Just sayin... EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Quote :
Walterth3rdhttp://www.wnd.com/2013/06/nations-morals-plunged-after-50-godless-years/

Very good, and true article.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

Just sayin... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just sayin...   Just sayin... EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 11:40 pm

BTW, if a male has pedophilia sex with a MALE CHILD, that person is a HOMOSEXUAL by definition!
Back to top Go down
ilaugh

Just sayin... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just sayin...   Just sayin... EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 12:43 am

Walterth3rd wrote:
BTW, if a male has pedophilia sex with a MALE CHILD, that person is a HOMOSEXUAL by definition!
Not necessarily. The rape of the child would be a homosexual act, but many pedophiles are attracted to children of both genders. I've posted this link elsewhere, but they're many similar studies from unbiased sources.

Quote :
The distinction between a victim's gender and a perpetrator's sexual orientation is important because many child molesters don't really have an adult sexual orientation. They have never developed the capacity for mature sexual relationships with other adults, either men or women. Instead, their sexual attractions focus on children – boys, girls, or children of both sexes.
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

But I don't see what that has to do with this article. The only statement this small minded bigot of a man made about homosexuals in this review was “Homosexuals, the most violent of the abusers of children in our society, are treated as a protected class." Which is ignorant and untrue.
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

Just sayin... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just sayin...   Just sayin... EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:42 am

ilaugh wrote:
Walterth3rd wrote:
Not necessarily. The rape of the child would be a homosexual act, but many pedophiles are attracted to children of both genders. I've posted this link elsewhere, but they're many similar studies from unbiased sources.

Quote :
The distinction between a victim's gender and a perpetrator's sexual orientation is important because many child molesters don't really have an adult sexual orientation. They have never developed the capacity for mature sexual relationships with other adults, either men or women. Instead, their sexual attractions focus on children – boys, girls, or children of both sexes.
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

LOL, funny that some still try to 'justify' not being called one thing or the other. My mother was a prison guard in a men's institution and those men insisted THEY weren't homosexual even though they often had sex with MEN! Again, I call a spade a spade and make no excuses for it.

Besides, tell me again how a shrink is a good reference? What have they ever done that 'fixed' any person long term for anything?

BTW, I am talking down at the 'shrinks' because I once dated one. Not only was she crazy, but she couldn't help me in the least. Not even HER doctor could help. NEITHER of us! :roll:

Back to top Go down
ilaugh

Just sayin... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just sayin...   Just sayin... EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 3:22 am

Walterth3rd wrote:
BTW, I am talking down at the 'shrinks' because I once dated one. Not only was she crazy, but she couldn't help me in the least. Not even HER doctor could help. NEITHER of us!
So, by that logic all theists are below me because I've dated a Christian and she couldn't reason her way out of wet paper bag with all that fairy tail religious woo.   

Walterth3rd wrote:
Besides, tell me again how a shrink is a good reference? What have they ever done that 'fixed' any person long term for anything?
And some clearly bias, homophobic pinhead, and lobbyist at that, has a better understanding of gays and child abuse how? I'll take the unbiased scholarly approach over someone who clearly has an agenda any day.  

Walterth3rd wrote:
LOL, funny that some still try to 'justify' not being called one thing or the other.
Nobody's trying to "justify" anything. We label things because they need to be defined, and when there's clearly a difference they're labeled as such. You may not like the data, but it doesn't make it untrue, peer reviewed articles continuously show that homosexuals pose no more danger to children than heterosexuals.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

Just sayin... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just sayin...   Just sayin... EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 12:52 pm

While Bob Unruh no doubt gets kudo's for being a Conservative Christian, as a Journalist, he's a bad joke. And WND is notorious for one sided "reporting". Of course, while Mr. Murray throws his Mother under the bus, rather difficult for her to defend her position, being that she was brutally murdered and dismembered for her beliefs, along with her other son and grand daughter. (It was a recent episode on Investigate Discovery)

I do know, that many Christian churches followed her example, suing to remove compulsory prayer from school functions. Roman Catholics were leading the way.

Quote :
“If rights come from God they cannot be taken away, but if they come from government, a simple majority vote can void those rights,” he explained. “Fifty years ago, prayer and Bible reading represented the authority of God over the school, the teachers and the students. Bowing of heads in the morning for prayer was much more about surrendering to the authority of God than about learning ‘morals.’”

What a load of bull. It absolutely was to teach 'morals' but whose? By that I mean what Church? Right behind the Catholics was the Mormons. According to their Church, those are the wrong morals. (They hide all this information in books btw)

Quote :
“Homosexuals, the most violent of the abusers of children in our society, are treated as a protected class.

The most violent abusers of children, are their parents/caregivers. The first to protect said abusers, are churches. Christians use a verse from Proverbs as justification to beat their children, but more commonly it's actually a verse from a poem most remember.

For sexual abuse, it's from people the parents/children trust. The top two are teachers and Priests. From teachers, it goes both ways. From Christian Priests (ministers), it's almost always homosexual. Where parents are the sexual abuser, it's rarely same sex.

Just sayin.....
Back to top Go down
modus

Just sayin... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just sayin...   Just sayin... EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 3:27 pm

I do not agree with everything he says but he does make some good points.
Back to top Go down
Samurai

Samurai

Just sayin... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just sayin...   Just sayin... EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:19 pm

I'll just second what Bandit and ilaugh have said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just sayin... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just sayin...   Just sayin... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just sayin...
Page 1 of 1