Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

I wanted to share this WND article, and my reply with you...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

I wanted to share this WND article, and my reply with you... Empty
PostSubject: I wanted to share this WND article, and my reply with you...   I wanted to share this WND article, and my reply with you... EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Quote :
DES MOINES, Iowa – While many retail businesses around the country have taken up the trend of plastering “no guns allowed” signs on their front doors, one national restaurant chain has boldly declared the right to bear arms key to what makes this nation “great.”

Denny’s restaurants, a diner chain famous for being open every hour of every day, earlier this month released a commercial titled “Greatness,” which asks what makes America great, only to answer with – among other things – the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“Kids,” the father in the commercial asks after receiving a “Midwestern Meat & Potatoes Sandwich” he’s clearly admiring, “do you know what it is that makes this country great?

“The Constitution our forefathers wrote?” asks his daughter in return.

“Our unified belief in the American dream?” his son suggests.

The other customers in the restaurant then get in on the act, while strains of patriotic music play in the background.

“Our melting-pot heritage that proves our differences really are our strengths?” a man proposes.

“It’s our right to bear arms!” insists an elderly lady, referring to the wording of the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment.

“Yes!” says the father, clearly covering his embarrassment at the profundity of answers offered to his question, which he initially asked about his … sandwich. “Those are some of the great things I was thinking of, as well.”

The commercial ends on a lighter note, with the man’s daughter holding up her teddy bear and asking in confused tone, “Bear arms?”

The commercial itself can be seen below:

As WND reported, after the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., outside a Tucson Safeway supermarket last year, a number of businesses began banning guns in their stores, including Des Moines, Iowa, grocery chain Dahl’s Foods. WND was able to confirm that over a year later, despite public pressure, the gun ban at Dahl’s is still in effect.

Other stores and national chains, such as Costo supermarkets and IKEA furniture stores, have similar gun bans in effect.

Many 2nd Amendment advocates, however, argue that gun and concealed carry bans in stores will only stop law-abiding gun owners from carrying weapons, thus making the stores more dangerous.

“I think it’s a terrible idea,” Iowa resident Jim Bricker told WND of the Dahl’s gun ban, “because if someone has it in their head to go in and rob a place, they’re going to do it. If permit holders are forbidden from carrying firearms in that store, [criminals] just have free rein to do anything they want.”

“I just hate to see a local company shoot themselves in the foot for no good reason,” said Jan Mickelson of Iowa’s WHO Radio. “They say it’s about safety. It’s silly. Iowans don’t buy that. They’re protecting against the wrong people. … One guy called in and said, ‘Hey, if only I’d have known it was that easy. I had a relative who was shot in his retail store. If he’d only known that signs keep people safe, he’d have put up a sign and avoided the whole thing.’

“It’s just silly logic,” Mickelson concluded.

Denny’s is not among those retailers with a national ban on legally carried, concealed firearms.

And my post on that article...

eber322

I don't like it because of this line... “Our melting-pot heritage that proves our differences really are our strengths?”... DIVERSITY IS NOT A STRENGTH! How can things that divide us be a strength? I'm tired of these lies about diversity being a good thing.

What makes us strong isn't our diversity, it's our UNITY! What makes us strong is DESPITE our collective melting-pot heritage, we are UNITED in our love for and desire of freedom, liberty, and the American dream!

Strive for UNITY, find things that unite us as a people, NOT the DIVERSITY that divides us as a people. Stop the liberal lies about diversity being a strength, it's a lie straight from Satan himself. That's why they label us as White, Black, Teabagger, Christian, White Hispanic, etc. They are dividing the country and making us weaker, we are Americans, freedom lovers, Patriots, etc that is what unities us and makes us strong!

We are NOT the Divided States of America, we ARE the United States of America! Don't forget the truth, and don't believe the lies.

EDIT: What a load of poo! WND "moderated" my post and changed "Teabaggers" to 'Tea [party]", thereby removing the meaning of term in the usage I was pointing out.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

I wanted to share this WND article, and my reply with you... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wanted to share this WND article, and my reply with you...   I wanted to share this WND article, and my reply with you... EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:53 pm

eber322 wrote:
I don't like it because of this line... “Our melting-pot heritage that proves our differences really are our strengths?”... DIVERSITY IS NOT A STRENGTH! How can things that divide us be a strength? I'm tired of these lies about diversity being a good thing.

What makes us strong isn't our diversity, it's our UNITY! What makes us strong is DESPITE our collective melting-pot heritage, we are UNITED in our love for and desire of freedom, liberty, and the American dream!
I agree. Our differences divide us, and it's the things we agree on that make us strong. That's why America is so internally weak today - too many divisions and disagreements over government and freedom.
Back to top Go down

I wanted to share this WND article, and my reply with you...
Page 1 of 1