Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen? Empty
PostSubject: Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?   Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Here we go again. Romney's Dad was born in Mexico, to parents by some accounts that were Mexican nationals, not US citizens. There is a question as to whether George (Mitt's Dad) was a citizen or not when Romney was born. If he wasn't a citizen when Mitt was born, then Mitt isn't a Natural Born Citizen....

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd520.htm

I don't know what's going on, I'm going to have to research this for myself. What I do know is that if he isn't a NBC, there's no way I'll ever support him. I figured him to be an Obama clone, just didn't think that would extend to citizenship as well.

Last edited by eber322 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?   Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:14 pm

eber322 wrote:
Here we go again. Romney's Dad was born in Mexico, to parents by some accounts that were Mexican nationals, not US citizens. There is a question as to whether George (Mitt's Dad) was a citizen or not when Romney was born. If he wasn't a citizen when Mitt was born, then Mitt isn't a Natural Born Citizen....

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd520.htm

I don't know what's going on, I'm going to have to research this for myself. What I do know is that if he isn't a NBC, there's no way I'll ever support him. I figured him to be an Obama clone, just didn't think that would extend to citizenship as well.
I hope he was. Because I want to see the left go berserk.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?   Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:28 pm

Oh man I never heard about this. The dispointment in our candidates just keeps getting better and better.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?   Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:44 am

You might notice I changed the title from "is Romney" to "is (blank)"...

That's because Santorum's eligibility is also in question!!!! It's known that his father was born in Italy and that he moved here to the US and that Rick was born here.

However, there is no record to be found that his father ever applied for, or was granted naturalization. Santorum has so far ignored the question when asked.

Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?   Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:02 am

As far as Romney goes, my own internet research has turned up the below facts and they are consistent with what WND reported just today as well.

Romneys Grandparents were polygamist Mormons living in Utah. After the Mormon church officially renounced the practice in order to achieve statehood, that meant they were then living illegally by fed, state, and even church law... So they ran away to Mexico where polygamy wasn't illegal.

Mitt's dad (George) was born in Mexico and years later came to the US where Mitt was born....

Some say that George was a citizen, though not Natural Born, since both his parents were citizens. Others say that since they ran away to another country, before having to face federal charges, that they lost their citizenship therefore could not have passed it to their son....

Myself... I can see a possible validity to the loss of citizenship for his grandparents claim on the ground they abandoned the country as felons and never returned, but I'm willing to go along with the idea that George did get citizenship from his parents making Mitt Natural Born....

However, his recent family history of running out of the country as wanted criminals certainly makes him look even worse in my eyes as a person. Plus you have to wonder how bad somebody who is practically half Mexican would be on the illegal immigration issue.

All of that said, I also read that some people claim Mitt's Grandparents applied for Mexican citizenship after they went there. But that's all I read, just that claim nothing else. If that's true, I'd say they did renounce US citizenship simply by applying for Mexican citizenship even if they didn't get it, and therefore George wouldn't have been a citizen and Mitt couldn't be NB.

But that angle is not worth worrying about unless some kind of truth turns up to support that claim.

So in short, as of now I believe he is eligible but there are possibly valid reason why he might not be. But regardless he sucks and his family history makes him suck all the more.

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?   Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:31 pm

At this point it does not matter. However I want to see the left raise hell about this.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?   Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
At this point it does not matter. However I want to see the left raise hell about this.

But they won't. They can't say boo about it with Obama still being their guy. Just like the right said nothing about Obama because they were backing McCain. The only ones who will say anything about the questions of Santorum's or Romney's eligibility are the same birthers that call out Obama.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?   Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:11 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

But they won't. They can't say boo about it with Obama still being their guy. Just like the right said nothing about Obama because they were backing McCain. The only ones who will say anything about the questions of Santorum's or Romney's eligibility are the same birthers that call out Obama.
You really think that will stop them? I don't think so. I am not a Romney fan right now I have to say I am leaning towards Gingrich or Santorum. Gingrich by far was the best in the debates last night.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?   Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:35 pm

Gingrich was pretty impressive last night. If I thought in the slightest he would govern like he talked last night I might feel comfortable voting for the wife cheater. Until I remember the wife cheating part. God they all suck!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?   Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:55 pm

ssvs04 wrote:
Gingrich was pretty impressive last night. If I thought in the slightest he would govern like he talked last night I might feel comfortable voting for the wife cheater. Until I remember the wife cheating part. God they all suck!!!!!
I have always liked Gingrich I think by far he is the smartest person and best debater.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?   Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Gravy, is (_______) a Natural Born citizen?
Page 1 of 1