Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Does anybody understand the delegate count?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

Does anybody understand the delegate count? Empty
PostSubject: Does anybody understand the delegate count?   Does anybody understand the delegate count? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:01 pm

I don't get where all these 'extra' Romney delegates come from, somehow they are from states where they haven't even had a primary yet. Take a look at this chart from CNN... http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/scorecard/statebystate/r?hpt=hp_pc1

If you look at the delegates actually won in Iowa and N.H., then Romney has 12 and Ron Paul has 10. Yet they have Romeny at a count of 23. I just don't get it. Somehow Santorum actually picked up one Iowa delegate since the vote, which actually makes him the winner of Iowa then, IMO. But I'm far less confused by that then the 11 extra Romaney got from thin air.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody understand the delegate count?   Does anybody understand the delegate count? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:01 am

I thought I did but now no!
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody understand the delegate count?   Does anybody understand the delegate count? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 pm

I've been looking into it and kind of get it. For some reason, some states have a delegate or two that get elected/selected just by the GOP leaders in that state. Hardly seems right, but it is done. Those delegates can declare for who they want, that's why most of them have declared for Romney since we know the GOP wants him as their pick.

However throwing their numbers into the official count before those states primaries, makes it look like Romney already has this tied up with 25 delegates to second place Pauls 10. That is, I'm sure purposely, misleading and could cause Romney to get more votes from people who think he has already won it.

Iowa's leadership selected their delegate after the caucus. That's where Santorums extra vote in Iowa came from giving him 8. That's how the rest of these selected delegates should be counted, after their states primary and after all the other delegates from their state are dealt out.

Does anybody understand the delegate count? Blah

I've circled what the true count should be reported as. The only selected delegate that should be counted right now is Santorums since it came from Iowa and they've had their vote. Those others just give a false view of the race, especially Romneys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody understand the delegate count?   Does anybody understand the delegate count? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anybody understand the delegate count?
Page 1 of 1