Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Are the republicans ready to fight.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Are the republicans ready to fight.  Empty
PostSubject: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 5:32 pm

I am wondering if the republican establishment is ready to fight or appease the left? I think they are ready to appease. They are afraid of offending someone. The republican party cannot afford to react they need to attack. The establishment would have you think that if you react then you can win. However history has shown us that reacting wins nothing.

Ronald Reagan attacked all be in a masterful way. John McCain reacted the ultimate appeaser to the left. Bob Dole reacted again another loss. The second election of George H. W. Bush he reacted instead of attacked.

The GOP better get it in there heads to attack instead of react to every claim by the left fringe. One thing I know is the left and the media will never like the GOP no matter how nice they try to be. In the end they will always support a democrat no matter how radical they are.

Let's admit it Obama is as radical as they come. He cannot run on his record he will attack the republican nominee no matter who they are or how moderate they are. He will paint them as some kind of right wing extremist.

If the GOP does not think this is going to happen then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I will sell them. I do not think Romney will attack. I do not think Perry will attack. I do not think Huntsmen will attack. Only two I think will attack is Bachmann and Gingrich.

Now anyone here thinking they are going to find the perfect candidate they are mistaken. Sorry we have no Reagan's this time around. Anyone thinking that Newt cannot win they are mistaken. Because Obama is very beatable by any candidate we have if they are willing to attack and not listen to he liberal republicans and believe me we have liberal republicans who really should join the democratic party.

Snowe and Collins comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Well I'm afraid all the candidates suck. The only one worth a toot is Ron Paul and he's being ignored by everybody including the people who should be lining up to vote for him.

Gingrich sucks, Perry sucks, Romney sucks, Bachmann sucks. In fact they suck so much I doubt any of them will beat Odumbo. I'm starting to think the easiest guy to ever beat out of a reelection will win simply because the opposition sucks as bad as he does.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:03 pm

eber322 wrote:
Well I'm afraid all the candidates suck. The only one worth a toot is Ron Paul and he's being ignored by everybody including the people who should be lining up to vote for him.

Gingrich sucks, Perry sucks, Romney sucks, Bachmann sucks. In fact they suck so much I doubt any of them will beat Odumbo. I'm starting to think the easiest guy to ever beat out of a reelection will win simply because the opposition sucks as bad as he does.
Really you think Obama is unbeatable? I think no matter who runs Obama is toast. I really do compared to the ones running Obama is far worse and for more stupid.

Not that I like the candidates but people fail to realize that the establishment GOP thinks we can only win with a moderate. I do not hold to that. Nor do I hold to Obama is unbeatable by any candidate. All candidates have there problems but compared to Obama's problems they are small.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Really you think Obama is unbeatable?

Actually I think he is the most easily beat sitting president ever. If there was anybody at all running who wasn't a waste. I think most of these candidates are purposely bad and were put out there simply to make sure Obama does win.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:38 am

I've been saying for a long time now that 2012, at this point in time, is owned, lock stock & barrel by the Republican party. It's theirs to win or lose, depending upon who they run.

If they run a RINO, or a left leaning moderate, they're going to hand Obama his second term for the simple reason that while Obama's supporters are rabid in their support of him, many of those on the right will not support a RINO, even if it means abstaining from the presidential vote next year. I myself am one of these. McCain was a RINO, and I will not vote for a candidate who does not represent my views, and in fact takes the opposite position from mine on many important issues such as illegal immigration. If I'm going to vote for a Democrat Lite, I might as well vote for a Democrat.

If the Republicans want to win they can, all they have to do is run an honest to god Conservative who advocates traditional Conservative positions. They have to give the voters a choice.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:01 am

I am going to say this. We throw our people overboard at the first sign of trouble. Herman Cain anyone. Look at Obama and all the problems he has not just what he has done to the country but all the allegations of drug use, being a member of a gay club and killing his gay lover. Illegal land deals so on so on.

The democrats protect there own and we destroy our own. This has to stop.

At this point I do not care who the nominee is. Obama must go period. RINO or not he must go. I prefer a conservative. I prefer Newt Gingrich baggage and all. Why because he is by far the smartest one running on either side. He has balanced the budget reformed welfare he has been one of the most successful politicians ever. Take away the personal stuff and everyone would be all for him.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Actually, the vast majority of Republicans will vote for the Republican candidate no matter how much he stinks (think McCain) when the better choice would be to vote for a good third-party candidate, such as one running in the Constitution Party:

The Constitution Party
http://www.constitutionparty.com/
The Democrats and Republicans have squandered the Founders' legacy of liberty and justice under the Constitution. Countless government officials in the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of government ignore their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution.
Join the Constitution Party in its work to restore our government to its Constitutional limits.

Seven Principles of the Constitution Party are:
1. Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
2. Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
3. Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
4. Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
5. Constitution: and Bill of Rights interpreted according to the actual intent of the Founding Fathers;
6. States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people;
7. American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We don't need another politician like Gingrich, because playing the same old game of “Screw the Constitution – the feds need POWER!” is killing us. We need someone who will truly return our nation back to Constitutional government, and only Ron Paul would do that. He has my vote.

Speaking as one who for decades made the mistake of voting for the Republican candidate just because he was better than the Democrat candidate – it's a waste of time and has brought our nation to the brink of death. The lesser of two evils is still bad, and when you vote bad long enough you eventually pay the price, as is happening now as we approach national bankruptcy.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Skycastle wrote:
... the better choice would be to vote for a good third-party candidate, such as one running in the Constitution Party:

Skycastle wrote:

We don't need another politician like Gingrich, because playing the same old game of “Screw the Constitution – the feds need POWER!” is killing us. We need someone who will truly return our nation back to Constitutional government, and only Ron Paul would do that. He has my vote.

Speaking as one who for decades made the mistake of voting for the Republican candidate just because he was better than the Democrat candidate – it's a waste of time and has brought our nation to the brink of death. The lesser of two evils is still bad, and when you vote bad long enough you eventually pay the price, as is happening now as we approach national bankruptcy.

Amen. I've been advocating the Constitution party for some time now. I don't know who they will nominate for President, but that's the only other candidate I'd consider voting for if not Ron Paul.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Skycastle wrote:
Actually, the vast majority of Republicans will vote for the Republican candidate no matter how much he stinks (think McCain) when the better choice would be to vote for a good third-party candidate, such as one running in the Constitution Party:

The Constitution Party
http://www.constitutionparty.com/
The Democrats and Republicans have squandered the Founders' legacy of liberty and justice under the Constitution. Countless government officials in the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of government ignore their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution.
Join the Constitution Party in its work to restore our government to its Constitutional limits.

Seven Principles of the Constitution Party are:
1. Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
2. Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
3. Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
4. Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
5. Constitution: and Bill of Rights interpreted according to the actual intent of the Founding Fathers;
6. States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people;
7. American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.
I will agree the feds are power hungry. I wish we could get a good third party candidate. However that is a pipe dream. The last time was when that rich guy ran and started his a party then he said I am not running. We would have had a viable third party.

However if the parties are split then you ensure democrats a victory every time. Believe me you think things are bad now they will get much worse.

As far as Gingrich goes he is not perfect. As far as Ron Paul goes sorry he is just a lost cause. I prefer a governor over anyone. However all the good politicians say screw this and do not run because they do not want to put their families through what the lamestream media and the left will put them through.

This is by design from the left. Now if Romney would not have done health care for Mass then we would look at him in a different light.

I don't care about abortion. As far as gay marriage goes let each state make up there mind.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:20 am

The Truth about Newt

https://www.facebook.com/notes/no-to-newt-gingrich/the-truth-about-newt/193565864064113

WHO IS NEWT?
10/22/1991 – Voted for an amendment that would create a National Police Corps.
03/-/1993 – Voted for sending $1.6 Billion in foreign aid to Russia.
11/19/1993 – Voted for the NAFTA Implementation Act.
11/27/1994 – Supported the GATT Treaty giving sovereignty to the U.N.
08/27/1995 – Suggested that drug smuggling should carry a death sentence.
04/25/1996 – Voted for the single largest increase on Federal education spending ($3.5 Billion)
04/10/1995 – Supported Federal tax dollars being spent on abortions.
09/25/1996 – Introduced H.R. 4170, demanded life-sentence or execution for someone bringing 2 ounces of marijuana across the border.
01/22/1997 – Congress gave him a record-setting $300,000 fine for ethical wrongdoing.
11/29/2006 – Stated that free speech should be curtailed in order to fight terrorism. Called for a “serious debate about the 1st Amendment.”
02/15/2007 – Supported Bush’s proposal for mandatory carbon caps.
09/28/2008 – Stated if he were in office, he would have voted for the $700B TARP bailout.
10/01/2008 – Stated in an article that TARP was a “workout, not a bailout.”
12/08/2008 – Paid $300,000 by Freddie Mac to halt Congress from bringing necessary reform.
03/31/2009 – States we should have Singapore-style drug tests for Americans.
07/30/2010 – States that Iraq was just step one in defeating the “Axis of Evil”.
08/03/2010 – Advocates attacks on Iran & North Korea.
11/15/2010 – Defended Romneycare
12/05/2010 – Stated that a website owner should be considered an enemy combatant, hunted down and executed, for publishing leaked government memos.
01/30/2011 – Lobbied for ethanol subsidies.
01/30/2011 – Suggested that flex-fuel vehicles be mandated for Americans.
02/13/2011 – Criticized Obama for sending less U.S. taxdollars to Egypt.
02/15/2011 – Wrote book saying he believes man-made climate-change and advocated creating “a new endowment for conservation and the environment.”
03/09/2011 – Blames his infidelity to multiple wives on his passion for the country.
03/15/2011 – Stated that NAFTA worked because it created jobs in Mexico.
03/19/2011 – Shows no regrets about supporting Medicare drug coverage. (Now $7.2T unfunded liability)
03/23/2011 – Completely flip-flopped on Libyan intervention in 16 days.
03/25/2011 – Plans to sign as many as 200 executive orders on his first day as president.
04/25/2011 – Became paid lobbyist for Federal ethanol subsidies.
05/12/2011 – More supportive of individual health-care mandates than Mitt Romney.
06/09/2011 – Campaign staff resigned en masse.
07/15/2011 – Poorly managed campaign is over $1 Million in debt.
08/01/2011 – Hired a company to create fake Twitter accounts to make fake followers.
10/07/2011 – Stated he’d ignore the Supreme Court and bypass the constitution and congress.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:25 am

I dont like gingrich by any means. Romney is as wishy washy as a washing machine. But the public is gravitating to them and Ron Paul has as much of a chance as me getting that lucky winning lotto ticket. And its because Ron Paul has no filter on hitting the public with his ideas more softly. And well his foreign policy made him dead on arrival. Its time to back the Republican candidate we dont like or get something we cant stand.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:12 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I am going to say this. We throw our people overboard at the first sign of trouble. Herman Cain anyone. Look at Obama and all the problems he has not just what he has done to the country but all the allegations of drug use, being a member of a gay club and killing his gay lover. Illegal land deals so on so on.

While this is true, I also think it is the correct way. We on the right should expect our standard bearers to behave better than Democrats do; after all, we advocate the positions of doing things right, obeying the law, proper moral behavior and all.

We should hold them to a higher standard.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Annoyed wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

While this is true, I also think it is the correct way. We on the right should expect our standard bearers to behave better than Democrats do; after all, we advocate the positions of doing things right, obeying the law, proper moral behavior and all.

We should hold them to a higher standard.
My point is this. We throw them overboard with the first time at sign of trouble. Sarah Palin, Herman Cain and other with no proof the media says hey this is a bad story about this person and republicans with no proof shove them overboard.

I agree we should throw them overboard when we have solid proof. But we eat our own. I would rather vote for Newt or Santorum then Obama. Now if anyone thinks this thing is over it is not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the republicans ready to fight.    Are the republicans ready to fight.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Are the republicans ready to fight.
Page 1 of 1