Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
madskillz

madskillz

Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. Empty
PostSubject: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Offer them our friendship.

http://news.yahoo.com/paul-says-friendship-best-way-deal-iran-165913503.html

When asked on "Fox News Sunday" what he would do to deter Iran's alleged nuclear ambitions, Paul said "maybe offering friendship to them."

Gotta check Facebook and see if Ron Paul has friended Iran.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:50 pm

madskillz wrote:

When asked on "Fox News Sunday" what he would do to deter Iran's alleged nuclear ambitions, Paul said "maybe offering friendship to them."

Didn't Obama already try that? Yes he did. It did not work. I like Ron Puals domestic ideas but he is bat poo crazy on foreign policy. Oh as I recall when Obama was running for president the left was all for this idea.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
madskillz wrote:

Didn't Obama already try that? Yes he did. It did not work. I like Ron Puals domestic ideas but he is bat poo crazy on foreign policy. Oh as I recall when Obama was running for president the left was all for this idea.

Actually the Obama approach has been more subtle. The idea is that there are some pretty strong forces at work in Iran against the fundamentalists and the President of Iran, I'macrazyguy. By toning down the rhetoric it has given the democratic faction room to operate. I'macrazyguy will lose the next election, partly as a result of that.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Im with Ron Paul on everything until he talks about foreign policy. You cant be friends with someone who doesnt want to be friends. Iran is the sociopath that you cant rehabilitate after he has decapitated, tortured and ate people for dinner. You never want to set him loose just like you dont want Iran running rampant as it spreads terrorism across the globe.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 2:41 pm

ssvs04 wrote:
Im with Ron Paul on everything until he talks about foreign policy. You cant be friends with someone who doesnt want to be friends. Iran is the sociopath that you cant rehabilitate after he has decapitated, tortured and ate people for dinner. You never want to set him loose just like you dont want Iran running rampant as it spreads terrorism across the globe.

Someon call the paramedics. I just had a heart attack. I agree with you on something!

I do feel there is now a large segment of the Iranian population that desires freedom and also has a pretty positive opinion of the US. Especially as those who lived under the US sponsored evil dicator and torturer Shah of Ian are passing away and the younger generation is growing up.

I have always felt it would take a generational change in Iran to reverse the damage of the US involvement under the Shah.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:32 pm

madskillz wrote:
ssvs04 wrote:

Someon call the paramedics. I just had a heart attack. I agree with you on something!

I do feel there is now a large segment of the Iranian population that desires freedom and also has a pretty positive opinion of the US. Especially as those who lived under the US sponsored evil dicator and torturer Shah of Ian are passing away and the younger generation is growing up.

I have always felt it would take a generational change in Iran to reverse the damage of the US involvement under the Shah.
There is no question that the Iranian people hate the government. However when the protest started Obama reserved judgement and sat on the sidelines.

Then when Libya started protesting he actively pursued the destruction of a government. Now not that was bad thing we do no know yet however he voted present on Iran.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
madskillz wrote:
ssvs04 wrote:

There is no question that the Iranian people hate the government. However when the protest started Obama reserved judgement and sat on the sidelines.

Then when Libya started protesting he actively pursued the destruction of a government. Now not that was bad thing we do no know yet however he voted present on Iran.

And that is exactly the policy I am supporting and is correct.

I distinctly remember how the Republicans criticised Obama for this, and only a few Republicans had the balls to step up and be patriots.

The democratic elements in Iran praised Obama for this stand, btw.

There was no chance for the democratic elements to mount a Libya style insurrection. The democratic forces are in the building stages and are trying to appear that they are not supported by the US in any way. The democratic elements in Iran are careful not to align themselves with the US since there is still a huge amount of anger over the Shah, etc. The radical Islamists welcome US support for the opposition because it rallies the fundamentalists and is in fact the fundamentalists strongest motivating factor.

Basically, by toning down the rhetoric it deprived the anti democratic forces of using the claim that the opposition was a tool of the US.

So, while cheap rhetoric was used by the Republicans to score points against Obama in an attempt to make it look like he was not supporting democracy, Obama was actually doing the right thing for the democratic elements and the US.

This is really a gotcha moment against the partisanship in the US that is actually working against our country.

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
madskillz wrote:
ssvs04 wrote:

Then when Libya started protesting he actively pursued the destruction of a government. Now not that was bad thing we do no know yet what kind of government we might get. However he voted present on Iran.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
madskillz wrote:
ssvs04 wrote:

Then when Libya started protesting he actively pursued the destruction of a government. Now not that was bad thing we do no know yet what kind of government we might get. However he voted present on Iran.

Interesting. A repost without comment? Not even a QFT?
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 6:25 am

I agree the Iranian mainstream new generation of Iranians like Americans. Well at least they did before the last Iranian elections when the people tried to rise up against a corupt election to have a American president all but abandon them without any support to say we are with you. But a bunch of anti capitalist commies on our own streets and obama is in love with them. I imagine we have lost some of there liking toward us since then.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:56 am

ssvs04 wrote:
I agree the Iranian mainstream new generation of Iranians like Americans. Well at least they did before the last Iranian elections when the people tried to rise up against a corupt election to have a American president all but abandon them without any support to say we are with you. But a bunch of anti capitalist commies on our own streets and obama is in love with them. I imagine we have lost some of there liking toward us since then.

Once again you fail to even know the facts. The democratic groups in Iran asked for and praised Obama for not overtly speaking out in their support.

Only ignorant Americans who get their news from Fox News believe the fantasy you believe.

You fail.

There is hope for your paranoid fantasies that seem to include everything from conspiracies to enact a gay agenda, to, well, your paranoia is just so advanced I don't have room to list them.
I suggest you go to the site below to learn which medications are useful in treating paranoia such as yours:
http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/apps/paranoidthoughts/help/medication.aspx
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:34 pm

Once again you fail to even know the facts. The democratic groups in Iran asked for and praised Obama for not overtly speaking out in their support.

Yes im sure they were praising him for all but ignoring them and basically supporting the corrupt government. And even if that were true and I dont for a second that was the dumbest move ever because there cause is dead and nothing changed for there election.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.   Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ron Paul has the solution to the Iran problem.
Page 1 of 1