Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

No more anti gay thread on Styfy...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

No more anti gay thread on Styfy... Empty
PostSubject: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:07 pm

looks like they finally killed that thread, wonder what took them so long?
Back to top Go down
2sage

2sage

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:46 am

Hehehe,

Well, it was only a matter of time. I was trying hard to make loki break his own rule and discuss something other than homosexuality. I would have succeeded eventually.

BTW, I had no intention of actually discussing my views on homosexuality with him. It was my belief that the thread was a trap and that he was just waiting for somebody to make an anti-gay comment so that he could pull out his rhetorical night-stick and whack us up side of the head. He was so virulently anti-religious that I didn't feel like I would be able to hold a substantive debate with him.

His use of profanity in order to try to control the content of the thread was interesting. All of us have started threads and all of us have seen them go in strange and unexpected directions. He seemed genuinely surprised that he would be unable to control the content of what other posters said. I got the feeling that he was young and hot-headed and didn't have a lot of experience with posting on a forum.

Ah well. He will never know the hours of entertainment he provided me.

-TwiceWise
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:57 pm

2sage wrote:
It was my belief that the thread was a trap and that he was just waiting for somebody to make an anti-gay comment so that he could pull out his rhetorical night-stick and whack us up side of the head.

Yeah, that's why I enjoyed POV's posts there. Just to screw with them he purposely argued the opposite way that any and all marriages should be ok, weather polygamist or what not. Pushing their buttons with 'if you'll accept gay marriage, what won't you accept?' logic. Soundping was the true anarchist of the thread saying that everything should be accepted, lol.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:56 pm

eber322 wrote:
2sage wrote:
It was my belief that the thread was a trap and that he was just waiting for somebody to make an anti-gay comment so that he could pull out his rhetorical night-stick and whack us up side of the head.

Yeah, that's why I enjoyed POV's posts there. Just to screw with them he purposely argued the opposite way that any and all marriages should be ok, weather polygamist or what not. Pushing their buttons with 'if you'll accept gay marriage, what won't you accept?' logic. Soundping was the true anarchist of the thread saying that everything should be accepted, lol.
Lol ya I was trying to see just how far the liberals on there would go. But really hardly anyone bit. I was so hoping for a liberal to disagree with me on that yet non of them did.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:58 pm

2sage wrote:
Hehehe,

Well, it was only a matter of time. I was trying hard to make loki break his own rule and discuss something other than homosexuality. I would have succeeded eventually.

BTW, I had no intention of actually discussing my views on homosexuality with him. It was my belief that the thread was a trap and that he was just waiting for somebody to make an anti-gay comment so that he could pull out his rhetorical night-stick and whack us up side of the head. He was so virulently anti-religious that I didn't feel like I would be able to hold a substantive debate with him.

His use of profanity in order to try to control the content of the thread was interesting. All of us have started threads and all of us have seen them go in strange and unexpected directions. He seemed genuinely surprised that he would be unable to control the content of what other posters said. I got the feeling that he was young and hot-headed and didn't have a lot of experience with posting on a forum.

Ah well. He will never know the hours of entertainment he provided me.

-TwiceWise
I knew eventually the thread would be deleted. I was hoping they would just lock it and give an explanation but that didn't happen. But man it was fun while it lasted I was hoping MBG was going to say something on that subject but she kept her nose clean on it.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:22 pm

I think MBG is on vacation. She was MIA for a month last summer as well. Probably some other mod/admin deleted it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 pm

eber322 wrote:
I think MBG is on vacation. She was MIA for a month last summer as well. Probably some other mod/admin deleted it.
I seen one post from her on another thread. I am surprised she is still a moderator.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Found out what happened someone posted the link and Sqaull and Skiffy girl seen it so it got deleted.

For more information here.

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2356516&st=0&gopid=6967631&#entry6967631
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 6:35 pm

I'm sure they won't like my reply on that thread...

Quote :
So in short, Styfy will do whatever they want on air and push whatever agendas they want, but the viewers aren't allowed to discuss it on Styfy's forums. Check.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:10 pm

eber322 wrote:
I'm sure they won't like my reply on that thread...

Quote :
So in short, Styfy will do whatever they want on air and push whatever agendas they want, but the viewers aren't allowed to discuss it on Styfy's forums. Check.
As long as you are pro liberal or pro gay they are fine with it. But as soon as you are anti liberal or anti gay they shut her down. Did you see my response to how the OT political posts got sabotaged.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:18 pm

MBG is back. Just seen her logged on.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:50 am

I don't think Squall or Skiffy Girl deleted it, it was up for at least a day after they were made aware of it.

I suspect the thread in the basement was left alone because MBG was on vacation; up until the day it vanished, she hadn't logged in since 7/17. The thread finally vanished, and she had been on a few hours prior. Pretty good chance she whacked it.

If you recall, she vanished for a long time last year during the summer too, so it's a good bet that she's employed in the public school system someplace. And you know how much they support free speech when the speech in question disagrees with their own views.

And yes, Eber322, they can do as they see fit, they own the boards. I look at it this way:

If you were a liberal, would you want to have to defend your beliefs and ideas on a level playing field? I wouldn't.

Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Annoyed wrote:

If you recall, she vanished for a long time last year during the summer too, so it's a good bet that she's employed in the public school system someplace.

Or unemployed (housewife, welfare, etc), self employed, or the time away is part of her job (maybe she's a nanny and has to go with the family to watch their kids while they party). Or she just uses 2-4 weeks of her vacation time all in one block each summer.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:45 pm

Yeah, SyFy is a very pro-left website which won't allow honest debate on issues relevant to SyFy programs. Does anyone know how to complain directly to the makers of Warehouse13?

I've given MBG and Squall rotten user reviews on SyFy. It's the only way to make my feelings known there.

eber322 wrote: "'if you'll accept gay marriage, what won't you accept?'"
Good point, and it's true. Just how low shall we go? If there is no morality and anything goes, why stop at homosexuality? I was drawing txlucky1 into a conversation about that, but the thread got deleted before I could pin her down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No more anti gay thread on Styfy...   No more anti gay thread on Styfy... Empty

Back to top Go down

No more anti gay thread on Styfy...
Page 1 of 1