Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them Empty
PostSubject: FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them   FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Interesting article I came across. I wouldn't put it past Obama to withhold the payments even though they have the money, then he'll blame it on Republicans for not giving him a blank check.

Quote :
Obama threatened yesterday to not send out Social Security checks if congress didn’t meet an agreement, well he was lying (again).

On Aug 3, $23B in Social Security checks are supposed to go out, they will certainly be sent out even if a deal isn’t met.

CNS News reported:

President Barack Obama told CBS News today that there may not be enough money in the U.S. Treasury to cover Social Security checks after Aug. 3 if Congress does not agree to lift the legal limit on the federal debt and allow his administration to borrow more money.

“I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven’t resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it,” Obama told CBS News anchor Scott Pelley in an interview.

However, according to the Daily Treasury Statements published by the U.S. Treasury Department, the ongoing flow of federal tax revenue since the Treasury declared that it had hit the debt limit on May 16 has been more than sufficient to cover the combined costs of federal spending on interest payments, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, the Veterans Affairs department and federal workers wages and insurance benefits (including wages and insurance benefits for military personnel).

Specifically, according to the Daily Treasury Statements, as of the close of business on May 16, the federal government had taken in $1.333454 trillion in tax revenues since the beginning of fiscal 2011. By the close of business on July 7, tax revenues for fiscal 2011 had grown to $1.629630 trillion. Therefore, between May 16 and July 7 the federal government took in a total of $296.176 billion in new tax revenue.

In that same time period, total interest payments on the national debt equaled $14.632 billion.
Thus, the new tax revenue of $296.176 billion the federal government took in between May 16 and July 7 was enough to pay the federal government’s $14.632 billion in interest obligations during that period 20 times over.

Also during that same period, the federal government’s combined expenditures for interest payments on the national debt, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, the Veterans Affairs department and federal workers wages and insurance benefits equaled $270.151 billion.

Thus, since hitting the legal limit on the federal debt on May 16, the federal government could have spent its $296.176 billion in new tax revenues to pay for its combined $270.151 billion in expenses for interest, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Veterans Affairs and federal workers wages and insurance benefits and still had $26.025 billion in additional tax revenue to spend on other government activities.

http://politicons.net/fact-if-social-security-checks-aren%E2%80%99t-sent-out-it-would-be-because-obama-chose-not-to-send-them/
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them Empty
PostSubject: Re: FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them   FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:39 pm

I read the same thing. What Obama is now saying is we cannot pay the loans. However by law he has to then the rest of the money is divided. I say no deal and force Obama into spending cuts.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them   FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 6:15 pm

All I know about this non sending of SS checks is that I was sent a notice saying that MY disability checks wold no longer be sent and my Medicare wold cease to cover me! Know why? Because even though I have MS, a PERMANENT disease that is LEGALLY a PERMANENT disability, 'they' are now saying that my MS is 'well controlled with the medications and while I cannot return to my previous line of work (lot's of on my feet work, restaurant management), there is no reason I cannot find SEDENTARY (HATE that word, call it a DESK JOB which sounds 'better', right?) work and will not need the disability any longer!
So, in 15-30 days I will hear when my appeal is ready to be heard. I put on my appeal notice all the pain meds I HAVE to take, meds that keep my from driving (the buses out here SUCK so no help using them to get to this job they are talking about) and they keep my concentration level LOW (which would keep me from KEEPING said job if I found it). Oh yeah, let's say I DID find a job, I would be fired BECAUSE I wouldn't be able to keep up with whatever the job entails so I would get UNEMPLOYMENT, right? WRONG!!! If the Feds can't pay MY disability, CALIFORNIA is barely able to pay the unemployment checks this state ALREADY has! So, in a few months after being released to 'work', I and my wife would find ourselves HOMELESS!
Thanks Obama! I can see why YOU are pres and why YOU will be re-elected! UGH!!!
Luckily, MY doctor already wrote me a letter saying that MY MS HAS left me UNABLE TO WORK EVER AGAIN!!! Lets see what they think about THAT!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them   FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Walterth3rd wrote:
All I know about this non sending of SS checks is that I was sent a notice saying that MY disability checks wold no longer be sent and my Medicare wold cease to cover me! Know why? Because even though I have MS, a PERMANENT disease that is LEGALLY a PERMANENT disability, 'they' are now saying that my MS is 'well controlled with the medications and while I cannot return to my previous line of work (lot's of on my feet work, restaurant management), there is no reason I cannot find SEDENTARY (HATE that word, call it a DESK JOB which sounds 'better', right?) work and will not need the disability any longer!
So, in 15-30 days I will hear when my appeal is ready to be heard. I put on my appeal notice all the pain meds I HAVE to take, meds that keep my from driving (the buses out here SUCK so no help using them to get to this job they are talking about) and they keep my concentration level LOW (which would keep me from KEEPING said job if I found it). Oh yeah, let's say I DID find a job, I would be fired BECAUSE I wouldn't be able to keep up with whatever the job entails so I would get UNEMPLOYMENT, right? WRONG!!! If the Feds can't pay MY disability, CALIFORNIA is barely able to pay the unemployment checks this state ALREADY has! So, in a few months after being released to 'work', I and my wife would find ourselves HOMELESS!
Thanks Obama! I can see why YOU are pres and why YOU will be re-elected! UGH!!!
Luckily, MY doctor already wrote me a letter saying that MY MS HAS left me UNABLE TO WORK EVER AGAIN!!! Lets see what they think about THAT!
Do not give up because SS admin office told my wife she did not qualify the lawyer told her she did not qualify and she got it when she went in front of the judge.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them   FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them Empty

Back to top Go down

FACT… If Social Security Checks Aren’t Sent Out It Would Be Because Obama Chose Not To Send Them
Page 1 of 1