Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek.   Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek. EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 9:32 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I thought you guys would find this article interesting. No it is not Trek. It should be called something else. I like The Orville much better.

Although the Orville isn't technically Trek, it's more Trek at heart than STD. STD is more Jar Trek like the movies, even if they say it isn't set in that universe.
I have to agree. The characters in Orville act more like people than they do in Discovery. I think it is funny as hell that in Discovery all the gay guys are a bunch of wusses. What a joke. In the Orville at least they are having fun. CBS decided to go dark with Trek. I think the Federation is going to become the bad guy here.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek.   Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek. EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I thought you guys would find this article interesting. No it is not Trek. It should be called something else. I like The Orville much better.

Although the Orville isn't technically Trek, it's more Trek at heart than STD. STD is more Jar Trek like the movies, even if they say it isn't set in that universe.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek.   Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek. EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 5:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek.   Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek. EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 5:32 pm

eber322 wrote:
Hey POV, I edited your title since I didn't think you meant to put the link as the title.
That's fine.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek.   Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek. EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 1:26 pm

This is NOT and never will be Star Trek.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek.   Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek. EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 pm

This is the articles third and fourth sentences....
Quote :
It’s objectively a good show. A great one, in fact.

That right there already discredits anything else they say. Yeah it's an ok generic sifi show, maybe even a "good" generic scifi show, but in no way is it "great". And as far as being a Trek show, it's not even mediocre.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek.   Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek. EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Hey POV, I edited your title since I didn't think you meant to put the link as the title.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek.   Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek. EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 5:38 pm

Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek. It's just swapped idealism for realism, because that’s what we need right now.
http://www.gamesradar.com/star-trek-discovery-is-still-star-trek-its-just-swapped-idealism-for-realism-because-thats-what-we-need-right-now/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek.   Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek. Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Discovery is still Star Trek.
Page 1 of 1