Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion/Speculation

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 10:56 am

Well the votes are in. We titled the first Episode "Being Better is So Much Harder". Now we have 12 more to title. We are around one third through production, or day 34 of 91.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Well it's day 60 of 91, and filming is almost complete. Thus far, it looks like season 3 will exceed expectations. That is to say better than the first 2 seasons.

Here's the episode list so far:

301 - Being Better is So Much Harder
302 - It Doesn't Have To be Like This
303 - Welcome To The Revolution
304 - All The Time In The World
305 - Give It Up Princess
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 3:31 pm

A few days left in production. Here's the next 5 episodes we named:

306 - One Last Card To Play
307 - Wish I Could Believe You
308 - Hot Chocolate
309 - Isn't That A Paradox?
310 - Built, Not Born

On Syfy, the Premier date is 9 June 2017. I'll post the names we give the last 3 episodes, as well as details when I can.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Bandit wrote:
Got an update on Melanie. It seems she got hired to play in another show. As she is filming as we speak, she cannot be there for DM. As her character in the new show is a main character, again I'm guessing Nyx stays dead.

But not to fret fans, because this season they add 2 more characters. Besides when Ryo finds out Nyx was murdered while he was stealing the blink drive, he'll know exactly who did it. Things won't go well for Misaki when he does.

Production picks up this week when everybody returns from the holiday break.
When does the new season start?
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Look above your post. I update only 2 shows on this board. No other shows get updated at all.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 11:03 am

Production has ended. Cast and crew went home. The only people remaining in Toronto are Execs', Producers and writers to discuss season 4. After this week, everybody goes home.

We named the last three episodes. Here they are:

311 - The Dwarf Star Conspiracy
312 - My Final Gift To You
313 - Nowhere To Go

Just going by the titles, promises to be an exciting, action filled season!

Remember, on the 9th, DM airs at 8PM and will be showing 2 episodes back to back. After that, DM will air on Friday @ 9PM.

Teaser:

The Android chooses her name this season.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Cool and cool.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 9:25 pm

OK fans, this Friday is a huge reveal. We'll find out who or what, came back from the alternate universe with the Raza.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:10 am

I liked it better when they had not memories. Ryo is turning into a tyrant big surprise there. I think he will lose his empire.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 10:13 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I liked it better when they had not memories. Ryo is turning into a tyrant big surprise there. I think he will lose his empire.

None of them do have their memories. Only bits and pieces from 5. Ryo uploaded his memories into his brain despite the fact the Android told them they would revert back to the way they were. That included their personalities.

That's the issue with Ryo. He has the memories of Ryo Ishida, but the personality of Ryo Tetsuda. Both the same person and memories, but with very different personalities. Ishida loved his brother, and would never harm him. But Tetsuda blamed his brother and mother for murdering his father, and stealing the throne that was rightfully his. He became a worse tyrant than his father ever was.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 8:51 am

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I need to watch the new episode. I wonder if they will kill Ryo or wipe his memory again.

None of them do have their memories. Only bits and pieces from 5. Ryo uploaded his memories into his brain despite the fact the Android told them they would revert back to the way they were. That included their personalities.

That's the issue with Ryo. He has the memories of Ryo Ishida, but the personality of Ryo Tetsuda. Both the same person and memories, but with very different personalities. Ishida loved his brother, and would never harm him. But Tetsuda blamed his brother and mother for murdering his father, and stealing the throne that was rightfully his. He became a worse tyrant than his father ever was.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 12:00 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I need to watch the new episode. I wonder if they will kill Ryo or wipe his memory again.

As I see Ryo, he is becoming more and more mentally unstable. I honestly do not see him surviving the show. His character will die, just a matter of when and how.

At least that's how I see it thus far.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 5:01 pm

Well, it was an awesome 3 seasons. If you've heard the rumors, Joe confirmed it today. It was cancelled.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 11:21 am

If you have a Netflix account, you can do what I did. They have a form to suggest movies or shows you'd like them to add. I think it's intended as a way to simply type in a title you'd like them to add to their catalog. But I typed in.....

"Please pick up "Dark Matter" and continue the show".

Not sure what good that will do, but if enough people did that, it couldn't hurt.

Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 10:25 pm

eber322 wrote:
If you have a Netflix account, you can do what I did. They have a form to suggest movies or shows you'd like them to add. I think it's intended as a way to simply type in a title you'd like them to add to their catalog. But I typed in.....

"Please pick up "Dark Matter" and continue the show".

Not sure what good that will do, but if enough people did that, it couldn't hurt.

Already in the works. But the problem is again, ownership. Regardless, if they produce the last 2 seasons, I'll buy the series. I don't care if anybody will air it, or stream it.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 11:42 am

Bandit wrote:
Already in the works. But the problem is again, ownership. Regardless, if they produce the last 2 seasons, I'll buy the series. I don't care if anybody will air it, or stream it.

Well, since you said DM isn't owned by Styfy, I'd think that would make it easier for Netflix to either buy the show or obtain the airing rights. I'd also buy the series if they produced more episodes as direct to dvd.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 11:59 am

You know, I've this suspicion, which is based on nothing other than the general Styfy trend about why they might have canceled DM. Every show on Styfy  now contains gratuitous sex scenes and homosexuality... DM hasn't been very gratuitous, and as far as I can recall, never even hinted at homosexuality until this last season, when they revealed that Two and the android once had a relationship in their old lives. I figured then that Styfy had insisted they work some homo stuff into the show, and I was glad they at least played that reveal low key. But now I wonder IF Styfy really did want them to add homosexuality, they may have been pissed that DM didn't make a big raunchy affair it. It kind of seemed like Styfy did the same thing with Warehouse 13. That show had no homosexuals and then suddenly they shoehorned the new gay guy in and talked about it all the time. It just doesn't seem like every show would have that unless the channel was demanding it from the shows makers.

Like I said though, I may be off base, but looking at how Styfy shows are anymore I wonder.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:38 pm

eber322 wrote:
You know, I've this suspicion, which is based on nothing other than the general Styfy trend about why they might have canceled DM. Every show on Styfy  now contains gratuitous sex scenes and homosexuality... DM hasn't been very gratuitous, and as far as I can recall, never even hinted at homosexuality until this last season, when they revealed that Two and the android once had a relationship in their old lives. I figured then that Styfy had insisted they work some homo stuff into the show, and I was glad they at least played that reveal low key. But now I wonder IF Styfy really did want them to add homosexuality, they may have been pissed that DM didn't make a big raunchy affair it. It kind of seemed like Styfy did the same thing with Warehouse 13. That show had no homosexuals and then suddenly they shoehorned the new gay guy in and talked about it all the time. It just doesn't seem like every show would have that unless the channel was demanding it from the shows makers.

Like I said though, I may be off base, but looking at how Styfy shows are anymore I wonder.
Plausible.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 10:30 pm

The fact is, the reason they canceled is greed.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Bandit wrote:
The fact is, the reason they canceled is greed.

They weren't making enough from the commercial placements?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 1:54 pm

eber322 wrote:
They weren't making enough from the commercial placements?

Nope. Even though they were making more then they paid to air it, it still wasn't enough. And without ownership, they have no way to make more. So just cancel it to make room for some crap they do own.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Bandit wrote:
Nope. Even though they were making more then they paid to air it, it still wasn't enough. And without ownership, they have no way to make more. So just cancel it to make room for some crap they do own.

Well, that business model of theirs makes no sense. Nothing that they own only the US air rights for is ever going to make as much for them as something they own outright and can sell foreign air rights for. They should have know that going into the agreement.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:39 pm

eber322 wrote:
Well, that business model of theirs makes no sense. Nothing that they own only the US air rights for is ever going to make as much for them as something they own outright and can sell foreign air rights for. They should have know that going into the agreement.

You misunderstand. Syfy was never approached with DM. NBC/Universal heard about it, and wanted it. They aired it on every Syfy channel in the world. Space aired it on every channel in the UK. It was also aired by several other networks to include Asia and the Middle East. All told, about 117 countries.

It was a smash hit everywhere it aired. The problem was the "DVR group" in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 11:43 am

Well that's it. The sets get torn down tomorrow. Cast, crew and everybody else is moving on. There's nothing more that can be done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion/Speculation   General Discussion/Speculation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Discussion/Speculation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2