Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Trying to figure out the lay of the land.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

Trying to figure out the lay of the land. Empty
PostSubject: Trying to figure out the lay of the land.   Trying to figure out the lay of the land. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 11:57 am

So let's see. The grounders live in around Tondc, which is Washington DC. The Mountain Men live in Mt Weather Virginia to the west of DC, and the Spacers live someplace in between.

Jaha and his group left to the west and encounter a vast desert. Well they would not encounter a desert in our current world without treking all the way past the Rockies. Obviously they didn't do that. So I'm guessing the the desert was created from a nuclear explosion in the war. Apparently somebody missed DC. Ok but then they started north to find the city of lights and run into a huge body of water, so big it looks like an ocean. By the geography we know, namely locations of Mt weather and DC, it can only be Lake Erie.

Are we really supposed to believe they walked several hundred miles? And where did this giant solar array come from? I'm not aware of any solar arrays on the banks of Lake Erie. In fact the ones I know about are built in the desert out west. Which could indicate that somebody built this array in the new desert since the war. So which city is the "City of Light"? If it's across Erie it could be several cities in Canada like  London, Chatham, etc or it could be Buffalo on the east end of the lake or Detroit on the west end. If the the "City of Light" ends up being Detroit I think I'll die laughing.

Seriously though, I find it really hard to believe they walked a minimum of 350 to 400 miles to reach Erie. Especially since they lost all their supplies before they even turned north. Anybody else have an other ideas, or see where my geography is faulty? Does anybody know of a large solar array here in the North East/Northern Mid West?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Trying to figure out the lay of the land. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to figure out the lay of the land.   Trying to figure out the lay of the land. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:06 pm

eber322 wrote:
So let's see. The grounders live in around Tondc, which is Washington DC. The Mountain Men live in Mt Weather Virginia to the west of DC, and the Spacers live someplace in between.

Jaha and his group left to the west and encounter a vast desert. Well they would not encounter a desert in our current world without treking all the way past the Rockies. Obviously they didn't do that. So I'm guessing the the desert was created from a nuclear explosion in the war. Apparently somebody missed DC. Ok but then they started north to find the city of lights and run into a huge body of water, so big it looks like an ocean. By the geography we know, namely locations of Mt weather and DC, it can only be Lake Erie.

Are we really supposed to believe they walked several hundred miles? And where did this giant solar array come from? I'm not aware of any solar arrays on the banks of Lake Erie. In fact the ones I know about are built in the desert out west. Which could indicate that somebody built this array in the new desert since the war. So which city is the "City of Light"? If it's across Erie it could be several cities in Canada like  London, Chatham, etc or it could be Buffalo on the east end of the lake or Detroit on the west end. If the the "City of Light" ends up being Detroit I think I'll die laughing.

Seriously though, I find it really hard to believe they walked a minimum of 350 to 400 miles to reach Erie. Especially since they lost all their supplies before they even turned north. Anybody else have an other ideas, or see where my geography is faulty? Does anybody know of a large solar array here in the North East/Northern Mid West?
Climate change from nuclear war made the Oceans lower so that is why you have dessert. BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. :lol!: :lol!:
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com

Trying to figure out the lay of the land.
Page 1 of 1