Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

"Waiting for the Man"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

"Waiting for the Man" Empty
PostSubject: "Waiting for the Man"   "Waiting for the Man" EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 am

"John and Zed return to New Orleans when Detective Jim Corrigan asks for their help in the case of a missing girl. Papa Midnite takes steps toward exacting his revenge on John. Meanwhile, the truth behind the Rising Darkness comes to light."

Well rumors are that this might be the final episode of the series. It was the last episode of the season and it might not get renewed. I hope that it does, it started out kind of rough the first two or three episodes but has gotten good since then. I'm not quite sure what to make of the end of this episode. It seems to imply that Manny is actually behind the rising darkness... or was he just telling Papa Midnite that he was the boss of the Brujería in order to scare him away from John? Hopefully we'll get another season to find out.

Otherwise the creepy hillbilly guy marrying little girls, killing them, and capturing their souls was really sick. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why the little red haired girl was all happy to marry some "The Man" she'd never meet or even seen just because three other little girls asked her too. They even showed her the strangulation marks on their necks as their "wedding rings" and she was still going to do it? Only thing I can think is that their spirits put her under some kind of spell, either that of she was really nuts in the head.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: "Waiting for the Man"   "Waiting for the Man" EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 8:05 pm

I'll be disappointed if it doesn't return but then it's TV and I'm used to disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: "Waiting for the Man"   "Waiting for the Man" EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 7:56 pm

I need to get caught up guess I will binge watch it.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: "Waiting for the Man"   "Waiting for the Man" EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 10:39 pm

ford plasko wrote:
I'll be disappointed if it doesn't return but then it's TV and I'm used to disappointment.  

I know what you mean. I love Star Trek with a passion, and even though it was not the best incarnation, I really felt the pain when Enterprise was canceled. Ditto with my second favorite series ever, Firefly. Many others weren't quite that level for me, like Journeyman and Jericho, but they were missed by me as well. At this point I also feel used to being disappointed. I think the only thing that would hit me really hard is if I loved a show as much as Trek or Firefly and it got canned, but since those are the only series I've ever loved that much, it's probably not likely I'll every love another to that extent.

On a side note... Can you believe that May of this year will mark TEN years since any new Trek?!?!? Man that sucks.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: "Waiting for the Man"   "Waiting for the Man" EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:05 pm

On a side note... Can you believe that May of this year will mark TEN years since any new Trek?!?!? I thought maybe the movies would open some doors to a new series but so far I haven't heard of anything
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: "Waiting for the Man"   "Waiting for the Man" EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 8:22 pm

ford plasko wrote:
On a side note... Can you believe that May of this year will mark TEN years since any new Trek?!?!? I thought maybe the movies would open some doors to a new series but so far I haven't heard of anything

Yeah, but if they are based on the Jar Trek movies we'd be better off without any anyway. I'd had high hopes for the "Star Trek: Renegades" pilot that Tim Russ, Walter Koenig and others are making. They are going to submit it to CBS as a pilot for a new show, but the latest clips I've seen from it look really bad. Of course if CBS does buy it, they'd have the money to improve the makeup and edit it better so the acting doesn't seem so bad etc. Eh, I guess I'm still a smidge hopeful but not very after seeing the clips.

The only trailer they did that looks good is the very first one, mostly because you did not see and hear all the bad acting... which again could be due more to the editing. There are bits in this one that are from the same scene as the first two, but look less fake here Becuase the lighting is different. Maybe if CBS goes for it, with proper editing it could be good.

Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: "Waiting for the Man"   "Waiting for the Man" EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:08 pm

At least they're trying to get a second season http://seriable.com/constantine-season-2-save-show/
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: "Waiting for the Man"   "Waiting for the Man" EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Constantine has still not officially been cancelled Still a sliver of hope
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: "Waiting for the Man"   "Waiting for the Man" EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 4:12 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/constantine-cancellation/
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: "Waiting for the Man"   "Waiting for the Man" EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:02 pm

I'm thinking the news might be that Netflix is picking it up. after all they are doing a bunch of Marvel Comics shows, so I'd not be surprised to see them pick up a DC one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Waiting for the Man"   "Waiting for the Man" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Waiting for the Man"
Page 1 of 1