Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Sure, there is no slippery slope.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Annoyed

Sure, there is no slippery slope. Empty
PostSubject: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:03 pm

And who didn't see this coming?

http://madworldnews.com/pedophiles-civil-rights-wrong/

Quote :
Earlier this week, the New York Times published a very interesting op-ed which I must say was quite shocking to read. According to the piece’s writer Margo Kaplan, she explains that pedophilia isn’t a crime but an illness. She even goes so far as to say that pedophiles deserve to have their civil rights protected.

What makes Margo Kaplan’s article peculiar is that the act of pedophilia itself is not just a transgression to God, but is also a transgression that the people in the United States agree is an abomination. Convicts are even disgusted by pedophilia in which Mad World News reported on 20 inmates who provided justice to another inmate. The other inmates crime: raping and killing his 1-year-old stepson. That alone should say something! Hardened criminals even think pedophilia is a crime that deserves punishment!

Margo Kaplan wrote a very unique piece for the New York Times in which she writes pedophilia is an illness and pedophiles should have their civil rights protected.

Despite society’s views on pedophilia, Margo Kaplan is still sticking with her opinion that it’s an illness and that pedophiles need to have their civil rights protected. Unfortunately for Kaplan, there are fallacies in her opinion and this article is here to provide insight on why it is wrong. Originally, I reported on this topic in an unbiased article for The Inquisitr. My article there had more details prior to her beliefs such as the misconceptions of pedophilia as well as examples of how said misconceptions are false. If you want to read Kaplan’s reasons for her views, you can read the article there. However, it is at the end of Kaplan’s op-ed, that should get our attention in which her statement reads:

“The fact that pedophilia is so despised is precisely why our responses to it, in criminal justice and mental health, have been so inconsistent and counterproductive.”

“Acknowledging that pedophiles have a mental disorder, and removing the obstacles to their coming forward and seeking help, is not only the right thing to do, but it would also advance efforts to protect children from harm.”

Summarized, Margo Kaplan is calling for pedophilia to be known as a mental illness instead of a crime and for those who are stricken with pedophilia to have their civil rights protected.

Is it starting to sound like the “new gay” to you because it seems to have the same origins. Looks like the LGBTQ groups may have to add the letter “P” to the end of their list if they are for the “politically correct” movement for “equal rights.”

Without having to cover fallacies on all the examples Margo Kaplan used to back her opinion up – which I know would make this article multiple pages long if I decided to do so – the issue with seeing pedophilia as an illness is it no longer becomes an act, but an excuse. People in the LGBTQ community usually use said excuse with their “born this way” statement in which they were “born gay” or “born bisexual.” Returning back to pedophilia, this view eventually evolves to the thought that it is okay for a pedophile to be sexually attracted to children because they are “born this way” and can’t help it.

If being a pedophile is suddenly accepted as an illness, it may become protected ergo civil rights. Handicapped persons are protected because of their conditions and/or illnesses against discrimination. We’ve seen what said protection against discrimination is doing for businesses, especially Christian ones that turn down gay customers who follow lifestyles the Holy Bible doesn’t agree with. To put it bluntly, if a child daycare rejects a pedophile from working with them, what are the ramifications if the pedophile presses charges for discrimination? What are the ramifications if the daycare is forced to hire a pedophile? What are the ramifications if the pedophile hired ends up doing something… bad?

Just so you all know, the above argument has been summarized to just cover the basics on why pedophiles shouldn’t have protected civil rights. I promise you if I fully written out my argument, you’d be reading a novel. In conclusion, I hope I provided enough of a basic explanation to back up why Margo Kaplan is wrong. As for the article, do you agree with it or disagree with it? Please let us know in the comments below.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 12:36 am

Pedophilia and homosexuality go hand in hand, just ask Harvey Milk.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 6:22 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pedophilia and homosexuality go hand in hand, just ask Harvey Milk.
Didn't they make a movie honoring him?
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Yeah, I haven't seen it, but I doubt they told the truth about him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Harvey Milk is one of the greatest Americans in history. He was responsible for many gay rights. Not one shred of evidence about pedophilia.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:35 pm

Right.... other than all the teenage boys he molested and raped. At least one of which later committed suicide.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 pm

eber322 wrote:
Right.... other than all the teenage boys he molested and raped. At least one of which later committed suicide.
I would like to know if you have a source on that. I can use that on other things against whack jobs like Pappy.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 5:49 pm

Pedophiles are attracted to children who are under the age of puberty. He was a homosexual ephebophile, which means primarily attracted to boys aged 15-19. His runaway boyfriend, Jack McKinley, was 16 when Harvey was 33. It is said that Harvey had an affinity for men in their late teens and early 20s.

This is what I found. However isn't 15 year old boys considered pedophilia? Never heard of ephebophile is that something gays made up?
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 7:27 pm

Yes there are technical distinctions in the sciences as far as what terms are used for which ages. But in common usage, any attraction or sex by an adult with an underage individual is called pedophilia. Regardless of whether it's technically called pedophilia or some other term doesn't really matter. It's all sex with underage kids, and it's all rape even if the kid consented.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 11:58 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Pedophiles are attracted to children who are under the age of puberty. He was a homosexual ephebophile, which means primarily attracted to boys aged 15-19. His runaway boyfriend, Jack McKinley, was 16 when Harvey was 33. It is said that Harvey had an affinity for men in their late teens and early 20s.

This is what I found. However isn't 15 year old boys considered pedophilia? Never heard of ephebophile is that something gays made up?

First off, homosexuals have NOTHING to do with Pedophilia. The terms Pedophile (birth to age 10) Hebephile (11 to age 14) and Ephebophile (15 to age 19) are from the late 19th century, and were used in diagnosing the abnormal sexual behavior in Heterosexuals, according to the laws of man.

This was in conflict with Christian beliefs. To them, the "age of consent" was 7 and up, and only the eldest male in a girls family could give it. For example, in the 1890's. the age of consent in Delaware was 7. In many others 12. Thanks to women fighting for their rights, by 1920 most states had raised the age of consent to 16. It also changed hands, meaning it was now her right exclusively. Even so, there were still holdouts. Georgia and Hawaii didn't raise the age from 14 until 1995 and 2001 respectively.

I'm sure you have heard the phrase "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed". To Christians, that meant she was old enough to marry and provide her husband with children. That increases her value (bride price) and reduces the dowry.

Now to be fair, I'm not bashing Christians. One needs to keep in mind, this practice was WORLD WIDE and deemed both normal and acceptable. Since before the birth of Christ, until the 1900's in the U.S. In many places in the world, the practice still stands.

Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Bandit wrote:

First off, homosexuals have NOTHING to do with Pedophilia.

Beyond the fact that homosexuals have dramatically higher statistical chances of being pedophiles than heterosexuals, and that homosexual literature and groups routinely push pedophilia, you're correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 6:15 pm

eber322 wrote:
Bandit wrote:

First off, homosexuals have NOTHING to do with Pedophilia.

Beyond the fact that homosexuals have dramatically higher statistical chances of being pedophiles than heterosexuals, and that homosexual literature and groups routinely push pedophilia, you're correct.
You have no proof of that. Actually LGBT people have far less pedophilia than straight people. You are just paranoid that you are gay yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sure, there is no slippery slope.   Sure, there is no slippery slope. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sure, there is no slippery slope.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sci Fi Forums :: Basement :: Politics 101-
Jump to: