Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?

Go down 
4 posters

Work Place violence or terrorism?
Work Place Violence?
Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? I_vote_lcap40%Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Terrorism?
Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? I_vote_lcap60%Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? Empty
PostSubject: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 7:42 pm

YOU DECIDE WORKPLACE VIOLENCE OR TERRORISM?
Authorities are treating Thursday's beheading at an Oklahoma food distribution center as an incident of workplace violence but that is prompting raised eyebrows among some terrorism experts.

The FBI is investigating the incident in which fired employee Alton Nolen, 30, allegedly attacked Colleen Hufford, 54, stabbing her several times before severing her head. Nolen also stabbed another women at the plant. The company’s COO, a reserve sheriff’s deputy, thwarted the second attack, shooting Nolen, who is in stable condition.

Co-workers reportedly said Nolen tried to convert them to Islam after his own recent conversion.

And Fox 25 in Oklahoma City reports that the FBI is looking into Nolen's Facebook page. The page has anti-American rants under the name "Jah'Keem Israel."
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 7:58 am

Let's see the guy was at work and he committed a crime at work. Duh! :roll:
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 5:31 pm

PappyLee wrote:
Let's the guy was at work and he committed a crime at work. Duh! :roll:
Another shining example of your skill with the English language.
I'm starting to understand why you're so dedicated to liberal ideology. You just don't know any better.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 8:14 pm

I guess that means the Kennedy assassination was just workplace violence.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 am

If not for the fact the word ""Islam" is used, this wouldn't be news.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 11:01 am

A beheading wouldn't be news? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Annoyed wrote:
PappyLee wrote:
Let's the guy was at work and he committed a crime at work. Duh! :roll:
Another shining example of your skill with the English language.
I'm starting to understand why you're so dedicated to liberal ideology. You just don't know any better.
Don't worry I fixed it for him.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 6:29 pm

Bandit wrote:
If not for the fact the word ""Islam" is used, this wouldn't be news.
I am sure anyone that is beheaded they will report it. Just because of how horrific the crime is. However if the beheading was done by a Christian radical you would hear about it for months.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 10:49 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
However if the beheading was done by a Christian radical you would hear about it for months.

That's true, because it would take an extreme "Christian" radical to do something like that and would be a surprising act. However, for main stream Islam a beheading is everyday activity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 6:56 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
However if the beheading was done by a Christian radical you would hear about it for months.

That's true, because it would take an extreme "Christian" radical to do something like that and would be a surprising act. However, for main stream Islam a beheading is everyday activity.
Right because Kurds are going around beheading people! :roll:
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:01 pm

PappyLee wrote:
eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Right because Kurds are going around beheading people! :roll:

That's a stupid comment. First not all Kurds are Muslim. Second even if it's true that Muslim Kurds don't behead others, which I very much doubt, they don't make up "main stream Islam". In fact they are very much outside the main stream which is why all the other Muslims hate them so much. Most Muslims don't even consider the Kurds who call themselves Muslim to be Muslim....
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 5:45 pm

The Kurds we have at work are Muslim. Matter of fact I am working with 3 Muslims now. One even has a masters degree in science. She is taking courses so she can use her degree here. Oh and she is smoking hot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Eber do you just hate everyone? I have seen some racist people but you take the cake. I just wonder why the moderator has not kicked you off this forum. Unless they are racist also. Which would make sense.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 6:55 pm

You're an idiot. What race have I supposedly been "racist" against? Ahhhh..... none, that's right. Kurds aren't a race, they're an ethnicity and I don't hate them. Don't have anything against Kurds at all, and I never said anything bad about them. And to top it all off you're the one who brought Kurds up, not me.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:41 pm

PappyLee wrote:
Eber do you just hate everyone? I have seen some racist people but you take the cake. I just wonder why the moderator has not kicked you off this forum. Unless they are racist also. Which would make sense.
Typical liberal attitude. Silence those that they disagree with.
If you don't like his opinions, fine. Don't read them. Argue with him. But don't presume that you, or any one else has the right to silence him.

In case it has escaped your notice, these boards were created in order to provide an environment where people could speak their minds, free of the censorship practiced by the moderators at the SciFi channel's boards.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I am sure anyone that is beheaded they will report it. Just because of how horrific the crime is. However if the beheading was done by a Christian radical you would hear about it for months.

Local news, yes. National, no. Horrific? Please!

Woman arrives 8 months pregnant, to meet the Father of the baby. He drowns her in the hotel bathtub, killing her and the baby. Less than 24 hours in state and she and the child were dead.

Estranged husband tries to burn down his wifes apartment with her in bed. It fails, but now she has 3rd degree burns over most of her body. So he and a friend take her, while still alive and suffering, cut her into pieces, put them in a shallow pit, and try to cremate the remains and evidence. That too fails. They both eventually get caught.

Husband knocks up his girlfriend. He lures her to his home, bashes her head, then puts her and her unborn baby (7 months) in a shallow pit. Then he has a BBQ over her remains. A guest reports what she thought looked like a charred baby's arm to the cops. He too eventually gets caught.

And that's just near me, and never made national news. Out of 14,000+ intentional murders that happen every year, regardless of how "horrific", most never make national news.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Those are all, unfortunately, fairly common occurrences. Beheadings, at least in this country, are not. Plus this one took place in public at a workplace. So yeah this would be national news.

Also, the fact he was Muslim was barely reported. And when it was it was underplayed, like saying he may have had ties to Islam when everybody knows he was Islamic. In fact this story was about a one or two day blip on the news... mostly BECAUSE it involved a Muslim. As POV said, if he'd been a professed Christian who'd been trying to convert his coworkers, they'd still be talking about it on the news.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?   Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this another act of terrorism or just more workplace violence?
Page 1 of 1