Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime Empty
PostSubject: Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime   Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:48 am

Quote :
(CNN) -- A man charged with a federal hate crime in connection with a "knockout" assault against an elderly black man appears in court Friday afternoon for a detention hearing.

Authorities say the assault was racially motivated.

Conrad Alvin Barrett, 27, of Katy, Texas, has been charged with one count of violating the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, the U.S. Justice Department said Thursday.

According to the federal complaint, Barrett attacked the 79-year-old man "because of the man's race and color."

The suspect made a video of the attack November 24, the complaint said. In the video, he allegedly commented that "the plan is to see if I were to hit a black person, would this be nationally televised?"

Now this guy is white and no doubt committed a hate crime. However blacks have been doing this and they have targeted white people yet no hate crime has been charged. Yet they did not do anything when the two black kids killed the WW2 vet in a parking lot. the man they killed was wounded in the war and was 88 years old. since the killers were black that is not a hate crime
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime   Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Now this guy is white and no doubt committed a hate crime. However blacks have been doing this and they have targeted white people yet no hate crime has been charged. Yet they did not do anything when the two black kids killed the WW2 vet in a parking lot. the man they killed was wounded in the war and was 88 years old. since the killers were black that is not a hate crime
Of course not. Blacks are incapable of committing hate crimes. In fact, if you look closely at the cases where the victim is white, and the assailants are black, it's really the fault of the victim; he should have never have put his face into the path of that poor underprivileged young man's fist.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime   Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Yep blacks can't commit hate crimes, because just like racism, only whites can be those things.

This guy is an F'ing idiot, even though he did make a point. If he had any guts he'd have hit a healthy black man his own age instead of preying on the elderly. He needs to be charged with assault, possibly even attempted murder, and given that the victim was an old man, sentenced with the maximum penalty for those charges. However, hate crime laws are nonsense and should be done away with. At the very least, if they won't do away with them, they need to equally apply them. I've yet to hear of an black knockout player being charged with a hate crime.

I will admit though that the guy made his point. The media and the courts addressed this attack whereas they don't address black on white attacks just like this.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime   Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 6:47 pm

eber322 wrote:
Yep blacks can't commit hate crimes, because just like racism, only whites can be those things.

This guy is an F'ing idiot, even though he did make a point. If he had any guts he'd have hit a healthy black man his own age instead of preying on the elderly. He needs to be charged with assault, possibly even attempted murder, and given that the victim was an old man, sentenced with the maximum penalty for those charges. However, hate crime laws are nonsense and should be done away with. At the very least, if they won't do away with them, they need to equally apply them. I've yet to hear of an black knockout player being charged with a hate crime.

I will admit though that the guy made his point. The media and the courts addressed this attack whereas they don't address black on white attacks just like this.
That is the problem with hate crimes. They can be corrupted and abused by either party. I think if I was this guy I would fight the constitutionality of it. Not saying he should not go to jail but your assault and attempted murder.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime   Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 10:13 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

There was no "hate crime" until the cops found the video. With the WW2 vet, there was no such evidence to prove he was targeted because he was white.

As an example, robbery is a crime visited upon those that have something of value, regardless of race. As such, in today's demographics, regardless if the criminal is white or black, most victims will be white, while the criminal black. That is not to say there is a shortage of white on white, or black on black crime because there isn't.

In most instances, "crime" is a target of opportunity. Race has nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime   Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime Empty

Back to top Go down

Feds: 'Knockout' attack was a hate crime
Page 1 of 1