Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Grumpy Old Peeps

Go down 
+5
eber322
Annoyed
justmemyselfandi
nerdatnight
Skycastle
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptyMon May 22, 2017 3:57 pm

The problem with today's media, is they keep playing partisan politics. Everything possible has the same opinions injected, and always with a partisan twist to it. Conservatives have their media, and liberals have theirs. Yet neither (none) actually give you the "straight" news. I don't need someone to make up my mind for me. Just give me the facts WITHOUT your opinion.

As an example, both sides state "polls". Of course, and as shocking this is, they just happen to agree with you.

For news about our politics, mostly I rely on other nations.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Yanno, I just went through a Hurricane last September, and now I have 2 more on the way? Irma isn't bad enough, but Jose is right behind her? Global warming my a$$.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Bandit wrote:
Yanno, I just went through a Hurricane last September, and now I have 2 more on the way? Irma isn't bad enough, but Jose is right behind her? Global warming my a$$.
Jose will not enter the country. Well not unless he has his papers. :D
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 10:42 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Jose will not enter the country. Well not unless he has his papers. :D

Lets hope so.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 1:11 pm

Well not even a year! So Hurricane Florence is on her way. She's gonna hit us as a CAT 4. That hasn't happened since 1954. Back then, it was devastating. Now, it will be even worse, as we are still trying to recover from Hurricane Matthew from 2016 (ran over us as a CAT 1).

What have I done to prepare? Nothing really. I don't need to. I took care of all that long ago. Back in 2016, we lost power for 4 days. Well, I didn't, but the rest of the neighborhood did. I have plenty of everything. I'm not due to go grocery shopping for another 90 days (Just went last week).

But as usual, people always wait until the last minute, or don't prepare at all. Just this past Spring, I spent 13K to have my roof replaced. It's rated to 140MPH winds and guaranteed for 5 years (warranty). My neighbors laughed at me and told me they got a new roof for much cheaper. I asked if it came with a rating, guaranty, or warranty. Nope, but it was much cheaper, and looks just like mine. Well best of luck to you. Because those winds will be here well before it makes landfall. And they're bringing a foot of rainfall in just 24 hours to boot!

So this time, I'm kicking back and sipping some ice cold brewski's. It'll be interesting to see who has no power, no roof and it's still pouring rain.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Good luck riding that out.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 6:46 pm

eber322 wrote:
Good luck riding that out.

Shucks Eber. Were you worried about little ole me?? Thanks buddy. But I'm tougher than you think. Besides, I can't bear the thought of leaving you here alone with nobody to argue debate with.

We had our butts handed to us. Damage is even worse than Matthew caused. I made it through just fine, but my neighbors didn't fare as well. I tried to warn them.

I spent the last 2 days helping out the elderly/disabled. Of note: I'm over 60 and my neighbor almost 80. If we help you, you damn well better be disabled.

More damage is coming, as we wait for the major rivers to crest. All are well past flood stage.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 8:53 pm

Well you didn't get blown away so that's good. Hopefully you won't get flooded out now.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 10:57 am

Oh I can't be flooded out. However I can be cut off by floodwaters. Currently, the state is. I95 and I40 are both cut off. So traffic is being diverted around North/South Carolina. Supplies must be brought in by air. Fuel is another major issue. Tankers cannot get in to refuel stations.

Many farming communities lost everything. The land is under water and all the animals drowned. One poultry farm alone lost 2.5 million chickens and all structures on the farm. A hog farm suffered the same fate. they lost all buildings and over 500K animals. The list goes on, and on.

One thing of note. There are no sharks swimming in the floodwaters! Sheesh, every time you have a disaster, some clown has to make it worse.

But enough about all that. On to other things.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 12:10 pm

I'm trying not to complain too much but.....

http://fortune.com/2018/12/03/oregon-vote-2020-ballot-initiative-legalize-psychedelic-mushrooms-therapy/

Now tell me marijuana isn't a gateway drug.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 9:44 pm

ford plasko wrote:

Well I guess you can use them both as pizza toppings... dontknow
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 11:58 am

Franchise options are now available
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 8:36 pm

ford plasko wrote:

It always has been, and always will be. Point-in-case:

Smokable Hemp

Now why use smokable hemp? To hide the other stuff you're involved in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grumpy Old Peeps   Grumpy Old Peeps - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grumpy Old Peeps
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sci Fi Forums :: Basement :: General Discussion.-
Jump to: