Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

cought up in Allentown during the hurricane.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
justmemyselfandi

justmemyselfandi

cought up in Allentown during the hurricane. Empty
PostSubject: cought up in Allentown during the hurricane.   cought up in Allentown during the hurricane. EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:55 pm

That was fun. I'll expand on this tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Tuck

Tuck

PostSubject: Re: cought up in Allentown during the hurricane.   cought up in Allentown during the hurricane. EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:30 am

hope you were prepared! We get the hurricanes but never followed by cold weather. We can live without the electricty because we are used to hot weather. It's uncomfortable but at least it's bearable.

Sending warm thoughts your way..
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: cought up in Allentown during the hurricane.   cought up in Allentown during the hurricane. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm

I just learned that at least 100 people were found dead in their homes on one street on Staten Island, NY, due to flooding from the hurricane. That really surprised me. I used to drive through Staten Island while traveling to and from Long Island across the Verrazano Bridge, and an old girl friend of mine had relatives living on Staten Island. I', REALLY glad we left New York.
Back to top Go down
Tuck

Tuck

PostSubject: Re: cought up in Allentown during the hurricane.   cought up in Allentown during the hurricane. EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:13 pm

I had not heard that. How high was the storm surge?
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: cought up in Allentown during the hurricane.   cought up in Allentown during the hurricane. EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Tuck wrote:
I had not heard that. How high was the storm surge?
I think it was 20 feet. It destroyed many homes, and Staten Island was one of the hardest areas hit. When things like this happen in places I used to live near, it hits home. Sure glad we left NY back in 1999.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cought up in Allentown during the hurricane.   cought up in Allentown during the hurricane. Empty

Back to top Go down

cought up in Allentown during the hurricane.
Page 1 of 1