Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

American Horror Story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

American Horror Story Empty
PostSubject: American Horror Story   American Horror Story EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:46 pm

I really liked the first season, but the first ep of this season didn't sit well with me. First this season they have cast Catholic Priests and Nuns as the bad guys, complete with perverse sexual leanings. And at the same time they want to showcase the poor plight of the homosexuals in 1964. Why, back then they weren't even allowed to get naked and have sex in the streets in front children!!!! Give me a break.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story   American Horror Story EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:36 pm

eber322 wrote:
I really liked the first season, but the first ep of this season didn't sit well with me. First this season they have cast Catholic Priests and Nuns as the bad guys, complete with perverse sexual leanings. And at the same time they want to showcase the poor plight of the homosexuals in 1964. Why, back then they weren't even allowed to get naked and have sex in the streets in front children!!!! Give me a break.
Christians as the bad guys...big surprise. Hollywood loves to do that.
I've never seen this series, what's it about?
Back to top Go down
justmemyselfandi

justmemyselfandi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story   American Horror Story EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:40 pm

This is the reason, when any celebrity gets up and tries to tell me something about political or social issues, I change the channel. These holleywood types are like teenagers wanting to know why the world isn't they way they think it should be.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story   American Horror Story EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Skycastle wrote:

I've never seen this series, what's it about?

The first season was pretty good. It revolved around a haunted house, the things that happened there currently and in the past, the lives of the people living there, and the lives of the ghosts... both through flashbacks to when they were alive as well as currently (Many of them didn't realize they were dead and were still leading lives, so to say, in the house).

This season is all different. The same actors, for the most part, only cast in new roles and at a new "haunted" location, an insane asylum. Apparently each season will be a new story with the actors carrying over. I'd recommend watching the first season, but obviously from my other comment, I'm not very impressed with the start of the new season/story.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story   American Horror Story EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks, but this isn't a series that would really interest me. I'm not into ghosts. Out of left field, ever hear of the "Arkansas Toe Suck Fairy"?

justmemyselfandi wrote:
"when any celebrity gets up and tries to tell me something about political or social issues, I change the channel. These holleywood types are like teenagers wanting to know why the world isn't they way they think it should be."

Sooo true. They're idiots with far too much money and respect. Tom Selleck and Charlton Heston were wonderful exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story   American Horror Story Empty

Back to top Go down

American Horror Story
Page 1 of 1