Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
justmemyselfandi

justmemyselfandi

Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol Empty
PostSubject: Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol   Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 4:56 pm

I don't know how many people are here, but I'm about to start posting the heck out oif the place so grab your aunts and uncles because I like to know what others think on my topics. lol
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol   Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Good the more posts the better.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol   Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:04 am

Post away! :)
Back to top Go down
justmemyselfandi

justmemyselfandi

PostSubject: Re: Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol   Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:50 am

This is what happened before and after the OP.

I pulled in for a two day layover. It seems my appointment was set for 2 days after I arrived and I was told They don't except you early, so I parked my truck along side the other trucks and went to bed.

About 04:00 in the morning I was abruptly awoken by the feeling that my truck was rocking. I got up and looked out the windows and didn't see anything that had struck me, just a truck pulling into the main gate of the place. I thought something was weird, not for what I saw, but what I didn't. I didn't see my drivers side mirror, which usually obscured most of the view through the drivers side side window.. I leaned foreword and noticed it had been cruched and forced forword.

The only thing I could think of was that other driver was the one that sat beside me, on my left and when he pulled out, he turned left, which would make the trailer end pivot on the trailer wheels and the rear of the trailer struck my mirror as it passed. Thank God It didn't catch the side of the truck. The mirror was bad enough.

I got the guard to go get the driver and we exchanged information and the whole deal. The only thing is that it took out the spot mirror, but left the larger mirror intact. The entire housing was cracked to heck and back, so I couldn't drive. With the way trucks are set up, the drivers only veiw behind him is those mirrors. The klarger one shows directly back and the small spot mirror is a bug eye lens mirror that shows the driver whats beside him and pretty much has saved me, many times from pulling into the side of someone.

Anyway. ala in all, I had to wait till after dark, drop my trailer where it was, after I unloaded and bobtailed to the freightliner dealership. That was Monday night and I've been here every since. It seems they had to order a entire mirror assembly, which is $1400.00 before taxes. Good God, this business isn't for the fare of pocketbook.

I'm waiting now, to see if the part arrived and them for them to put it on. It was supposed to get here at 10:00 and that was 2 hours ago, so here I set, bored out of my skull and feaverishly trying to find something to post. I hope you guys's week is going better than mine!
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol   Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Geez! $1400 just for the mirror assembly?!? Wow. That's ridiculous. I paid $1600 for my first car. :P Well good luck with that, hope you get it fixed and back under way soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol   Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol Empty

Back to top Go down

Well. I guess I gotta extend the title. lol
Page 1 of 1