Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.

Go down 
+7
Skycastle
justmemyselfandi
Walterth3rd
eber322
Pissedoffvulcan
ford plasko
TRUE LIBERTY
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Skycastle wrote:
Yes, those who died fighting for our freedom are worthy of memory, and there but for the grace of God, go I. As a veteran, I feel a bond with others who served and died, even though I never paid that price.

May they rest in peace.

Something that I have been thinking about they should have a memorial for every person that has served this great nation since it inception. With every name starting from year one.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:43 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Skycastle wrote:
Yes, those who died fighting for our freedom are worthy of memory, and there but for the grace of God, go I. As a veteran, I feel a bond with others who served and died, even though I never paid that price.

May they rest in peace.

Something that I have been thinking about they should have a memorial for every person that has served this great nation since it inception. With every name starting from year one.

I like that idea.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: Happy Birthday Windows XP. Today you are 10 years old.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:03 pm

Happy Birthday Windows XP. Today you are 10 years old.

Yes, 10 years old today.

Just remember, Daddy now hates you and wants to replace you with a new model.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Xp is way better than 7. I'd have never upgraded if my work from home job didn't require it.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:34 am

Never noticed any difference positive or minus from either. I remember gamers complaining relentlessly about 7 being very slow.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:09 am

Heh. Wait till Windows 8 comes out.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:25 am

Annoyed wrote:
Heh. Wait till Windows 8 comes out.

I spent nearly an hour trying to find Wordpad. Finally I just went to the file system to find it.

If the preview is anything like the final release peoples heads will explode.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

PostSubject: Happy "National Sandwich Day"   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:26 pm

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2011/nov/03/celebrate-national-sandwich-day-ar-299507/

Today is National Sandwich Day

National Sandwich Day is Thursday. The date coincides with the birthday of John Montagu, the fourth Earl of Sandwich, who popularized the item in the 18th century.

I would like to give a shout out the greatest sandwich of all:
Pastrami Reuben. Love ya, babe!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Tomorrow is national Doughnut day.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 6:17 pm

I was going to give a shout out to my favorite: the hamburger. But it has it's own day May 28th. So let's hear it for the Cuban Sandwich!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Happy Turkey Day.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Happy Turkey Day.

Hope everyone is fat and happy today.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Yeah - fatter and happier! At least until I start thinking about where our nation is heading....
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:38 pm

I didn't really enjoy more Thanksgiving dinner of Chilly Dogs and Mello Yello that much.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:54 am

eber322 wrote:
I didn't really enjoy more Thanksgiving dinner of Chilly Dogs and Mello Yello that much.
OH come soon it will Taco's and Burrito's.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Merry Christmas!   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Merry Christmas!

Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 7

Last edited by eber322 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:27 pm

Seasons greetings happy holidays oh and MARRY CHRISTMAS. Off for two weeks thanks to the tax payer of Virginia.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: TO ALL HERE   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:38 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 P121828853-4
Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 P219787986-4
Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 P201209782-4
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:22 am

Check out what this guy did. ONLY IN AMERICA.

Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 Human-Christmas-Tree

NEW YORK – A ban on Christmas decorations this year at the Staten Island ferry terminal in a bid to avoid lawsuits sparked an unusual protest Friday.

Self-proclaimed activist and Staten Island resident Scott LoBaido found a loophole in the rule imposed at the transit hub by the Department of Transportation and dressed up as a seven-foot Christmas tree, sparking smiles and cheers, myFOXny.com reported.

"It's just a costume," he said from inside the tree which was decorated with tinsel and baubles. "You ever come by here on Halloween? People have the craziest costumes.

This just happens to be what I'm wearing today."

He called the department's edict, introduced last week for safety reasons, as "political correctness gone crazy."

"A simple Christmas tree brings so much joy," LoBaido said while wandering the St. George terminal.

LoBaido told the New York Daily News he spent nearly $400 on the costume, using mostly chicken wire, duct tape and "a lot of battery-operated lights."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/24/human-christmas-tree-makes-point-at-staten-island-ferry-terminal/?test=latestnews#ixzz1hSSm3Jt8
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:33 am

LOVE IT!
Back to top Go down
justmemyselfandi

justmemyselfandi

PostSubject: April Fools Day Pranks   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 7:21 am

April Fools Day Pranks

I remember April fools day the best because I was born on the 2nd. Knowing my luck I would have popped out right in the middle of the 1st, but I guess I hung on for dear life, for at least 3 more hours.

I don't know about you but I love April Fools day. It reminds me of that movie, The Hunchback of Notre Dame with Lon Chaney. That was a fabulous movie with an excellent actor. I remember the scene when they paraded him around on a sedan chair as The King of Fools. I also remember when he went against the clergy and rescued that young girl.

All in all a fabulous movie, but I also remember some of the pranks we did as children, during this time. I was wondering if anyone wantewd to share their best prank or some great prank done against them, on April Fools. It doesn't have to be recent, just good. lol
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:47 am

We all called in sick one day and the supervisor was freaking until we all showed up on time.
Back to top Go down
justmemyselfandi

justmemyselfandi

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:49 am

I bet that made relations with him pleasant that day. lol
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:53 am

justmemyselfandi wrote:
I bet that made relations with him pleasant that day. lol
Na he was a good guy. We all yelled april fools.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:04 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
We all called in sick one day and the supervisor was freaking until we all showed up on time.
Good one! But if the boss is an older man, might be good to have an ambulance on call. As for me, I never got into the spirit of April fools so I don't have any stories. :(
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:12 am

When I was young in my career of being boss before my own business I did two of them at work.

The first one we had a manager in the apartment business who was severally scared of rats or mice. So the night before I put speakers in ceiling above her office with the sounds of large rats moving about everywhere. Chewing, scampering, making squealing noises. I get a call on the radio of a women freaking out! I tell her I will go in the attic and check it out. I go in the office with a look of shock on my face and tell her I was up there and looks like several hundred are in the attic running around. She could barely contain herself to not run out of the office in screaming horror. When the entire office and maint. staff came in and yelled April fools day she was so relieved and laughed it off with a good laugh wanting to know how I did it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.   Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Holiday Wishes, Salutations and Discussion.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next