Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

The McRib is back!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
madskillz

madskillz

The McRib is back! Empty
PostSubject: The McRib is back!   The McRib is back! EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:46 am

Starting Nov. 14 the McRib will be back at all McDonalds.

EDIT: It's available now and will end on Nov. 14th!

Last edited by madskillz on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

The McRib is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The McRib is back!   The McRib is back! EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:03 pm

Ummm Mcribs......

Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

The McRib is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The McRib is back!   The McRib is back! EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Actually, the news stories I just looked up said that the Mcrib will be available through Nov 14th. In other words that's the last day, not the first. Guess that means they are selling it right now?

EDIT: Yeah they started selling them Oct 17th, Nov 14th is the last day. Looks like I'm eating Mcribs tonight! Thanks for bringing it to my attention though, I might have missed it all together if you hadn't mentioned it. Only times I go to McDonalds is when I know they have the rib, and in March for the Shamrock shake.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

The McRib is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The McRib is back!   The McRib is back! EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:02 pm

eber322 wrote:
Actually, the news stories I just looked up said that the Mcrib will be available through Nov 14th. In other words that's the last day, not the first. Guess that means they are selling it right now?

EDIT: Yeah they started selling them Oct 17th, Nov 14th is the last day. Looks like I'm eating Mcribs tonight! Thanks for bringing it to my attention though, I might have missed it all together if you hadn't mentioned it. Only times I go to McDonalds is when I know they have the rib, and in March for the Shamrock shake.
Dammit I was buy McDonalds today I could have gotten a McRib.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

The McRib is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The McRib is back!   The McRib is back! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:52 pm

I always though the mcrib was nasty. The sandwich has something like 500 calories and 10 grams of fat. I see my cholesterol going back up just typing this.
Back to top Go down
madskillz

madskillz

The McRib is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The McRib is back!   The McRib is back! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:34 pm

news.yahoo.com/whats-mcrib-made-anyway-125300382.html

What's the McRib made of, anyway?

How many ingredients are there?
At face value, the sandwich contains just pork, onions, and pickle slices slathered in barbecue sauce and laid out on a bun. But the truth is, there are roughly 70 ingredients. The bun alone contains 34, says TIME's Melnick. In addition to chemicals like ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80, the most egregious may be azodicarbonamide — "a flour-bleaching agent most commonly used in the manufactur[ing] of foamed plastics like gym mats the and soles of shoes." According to McDonald's own ingredient list, the bun also includes calcium sulfate and ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, among other chemicals.

Ooof. What's the meat made of?
Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, says Whet Moser at Chicago Magazine, citing a 1995 article by Robert Mandigo, a professor at the University of Nebraska. These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

The McRib is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The McRib is back!   The McRib is back! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:58 pm

madskillz wrote:

At face value, the sandwich contains just pork, onions, and pickle slices slathered in barbecue sauce and laid out on a bun. But the truth is, there are roughly 70 ingredients. The bun alone contains 34, says TIME's Melnick. In addition to chemicals like ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80, the most egregious may be azodicarbonamide — "a flour-bleaching agent most commonly used in the manufactur[ing] of foamed plastics like gym mats the and soles of shoes." According to McDonald's own ingredient list, the bun also includes calcium sulfate and ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, among other chemicals.

Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, says Whet Moser at Chicago Magazine, citing a 1995 article by Robert Mandigo, a professor at the University of Nebraska. These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together.
I don't care I will still eat it.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
madskillz

madskillz

The McRib is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The McRib is back!   The McRib is back! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
madskillz wrote:

I don't care I will still eat it.
Have I wandered into the Sarah Palin thread?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The McRib is back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The McRib is back!   The McRib is back! Empty

Back to top Go down

The McRib is back!
Page 1 of 1