Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

The problem with welfare.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

The problem with welfare. Empty
PostSubject: The problem with welfare.   The problem with welfare. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:31 pm

So last month Michigan's governor signed a bill into law that says, if you're not disabled or a senior citizen, then you have a lifetime cap of four years to collect state welfare. That went into effect beginning of this month... people took to the streets in protest. One lady protestor interviewed on the local news said this...

"They only just told us they were cutting us off last month. I went out and tried to find a job but couldn't find one, so now me and my family are screwed. One month just isn't enough notice. I understand they are doing this because some people abuse the system, but we and a bunch of other folks didn't."

:x :roll: :x :roll: :x :roll: :x :roll:

Yes you WERE abusing the system! You just admitted it, for four plus years you just sat on your @ss and collected the welfare and never looked for a job. You only started looking in the last month after they told you you were getting cut off... WHY DIDN'T YOU EVER LOOK FOR A JOB DURING ALL THOSE YEARS FEEDING AT THE GOVERNMENT TEET?

But hey, it all worked out for the best because the courts jumped right on this and declared the law illegal, so now she and all the others can keep getting welfare for sitting on their @sses. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Walterth3rd

Walterth3rd

PostSubject: Re: The problem with welfare.   The problem with welfare. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:48 pm

Sickening, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: The problem with welfare.   The problem with welfare. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Four years is too long to be on welfare, so that was a good law. I wonder on what basis the court declared the law illegal?
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The problem with welfare.   The problem with welfare. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Skycastle wrote:
I wonder on what basis the court declared the law illegal?

I don't even know, I didn't listen to the whole report. My guess is that it probably conflicts with some other law already on the books.

EDIT: Well I guess I should have listened to whole report. Apparently it's just a one month stay now until it takes affect. The judge ruled that people weren't given enough notice so now they have an extra month before they lose their benefits.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/10/04/3422267/judge-stops-new-limits-in-michigan.html
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The problem with welfare.   The problem with welfare. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:48 pm

eber322 wrote:
Skycastle wrote:
I wonder on what basis the court declared the law illegal?

I don't even know, I didn't listen to the whole report. My guess is that it probably conflicts with some other law already on the books.

EDIT: Well I guess I should have listened to whole report. Apparently it's just a one month stay now until it takes affect. The judge ruled that people weren't given enough notice so now they have an extra month before they lose their benefits.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/10/04/3422267/judge-stops-new-limits-in-michigan.html

Which simply gives them another month to find some other liberal judge to whine to. This will wander through the courts for a few years, all the while the taxpayers are supporting their sorry arses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The problem with welfare.   The problem with welfare. Empty

Back to top Go down

The problem with welfare.
Page 1 of 1