Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

Sci Fi Forums

scifi Forums

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Actually something to look forward to on Styfy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eber322

PostSubject: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 am

FEROCIOUS PLANET – Premieres Saturday April 9, at 9PM – An experimental device enabling viewing of alternate dimensions goes haywire on its first test, dragging the entire test lab (and its occupants) into a dangerous alternate universe. Led by a resourceful Colonel and a tough female scientist, they have to figure out how to get home. Stars Joe Flanigan (Stargate Atlantis) and John Rhys-Davies (Lord of the Rings).

Sounds good, definitely a Sliders type show. The best part is it stars John Rhys-Davies who played the best character on Sliders, the professor!

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:14 pm

That might a be a good show. Hopefully they will make it a series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:21 am

The trailer looks pretty good.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/02/watch-the-trailer-for-joe-flanigans-ferocious-planet/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coyote-Loco

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Have to check that one out, the trailer looks pretty good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Just watched the video and at the end the one creature looked like one of the ones from Pitch Black.
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:59 am

Its on this Saturday. Have not been excited to watch a show on Sci Fi in a long time. Dont really watch much on Sci Fi anymore since they dont put it on Hulu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:30 pm

Live event alert. Since a lot of people seem interested in this show coming tonight lets have a live chat event tonight to discuss the show. Something that Skiffy cannot do but we can.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Well no one showed up int he chat box. I will comment on show afterwords. But so far Joe is a drunk.
Back to top Go down
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Since I'm the one who posted this topic in the first place you'd think I'd have remembered to watch the show... I didn't. Luckily Styfy is airing it again at 1am, so I'm recording it to watch tomorrow.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:22 am

I watched half of it really liking it before falling alseep. I had been working all day on putting up my dads green house so I was really tired. And just could not keep my eyes open. I sure hope they show it again soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:06 am

I liked it. I am glad they didn't try things beyond there budget. Thus making it cheesy.
Back to top Go down
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:49 pm

It was kind of disappointing. It was great for a Styfy movie, but not really that good. They killed John Rhys-Davies, the prof from sliders, right off the bat and the rest of it just made me feel like I was watching an episode of Stargate Atlantis. I could have been a lot better. That said at least it was watchable and that's saying a lot for Styfy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:28 pm

eber322 wrote:
It was kind of disappointing. It was great for a Styfy movie, but not really that good. They killed John Rhys-Davies, the prof from sliders, right off the bat and the rest of it just made me feel like I was watching an episode of Stargate Atlantis. I could have been a lot better. That said at least it was watchable and that's saying a lot for Styfy.
I agree they didn't try to do to much stuff with the budget they had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actually something to look forward to on Styfy   

Back to top Go down

Actually something to look forward to on Styfy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1